User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ Thanks Q - I pointed it out because I saw what protean was saying and felt uumlau had simply missed it rather than blew it off, so I didn't want to make it seem like no one would care about such a thing.

-----

This is what I see; it's not set in stone and I welcome your opinions too:

I'm going to make bullets; apparently Te users like them and Ti users don't but I can't help it, I have to summarize somehow.

1.) To me, it seems very obvious to say that there are additional factors that influence behaviours and motivations, more than typology. It's like saying the sun rises and sets every day. Not a single person in this thread has disagreed. We haven't jumped all over those posts to pick them apart because we ... agree. What's to discuss? (I generally rep those rather than quote the whole post.)

2.) However, we are on a forum dedicated to typology, no? So I have a lot of difficulty understanding why we cannot try to discuss such topics within the confines of that parameter too. To see what rings true or false. To see what interconnectedness may lay amongst them, if any at all.

3.) It seems to me there is a distinct divide between Fi and Fe users in this thread. Respectfully, can anyone else feel it or see the patterns that I am seeing? The INFP's, ENFP's and INTJ's (Fi dom, aux & tert respectively) are "getting" what each other are saying. The corollary appears true as well. And to grossly generalize, we don't seem to "get" some of the same jokes; we read things as serious when they are not and don't see what's serious when it is. And, we are ourselves either taken highly literally, as though we are making truth statements when we are mostly just pondering out loud OR our motivations are questioned about what type of game we are trying to play. There is no game.

4.) There's also a group dynamic at play. Some users have a longer history with each other, therefore it appears that those within those groups favor each other or rise to defend each other, or even just plain know stuff about each other. As an so-dom, I notice this all the time on the forum, but have never commented on it before. And I admire that many of you share bonds both inside and outside the forum. Me, I've never met a single one of you IRL. Still, I like to participate, even though I don't know everyone's history and am in no real "group".

5.) There is no 5. (joke.)

Probably a few people will agree with what I've wrote, and a few will pick it apart to take offence. I apologize in advance for all the blind spots I may have missed here and I sincerely express my intention is not to offend.

I promise, IRL, I do a good job of empathizing, listening, caring and appreciating. I just feel like there's a wall here and I cannot seem to scale it.

Very simply, I like to understand and be understood.
    Last edited by PeaceBaby; 08-19-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: added two words; fixed one typo
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Not really worth replying to in any meaningful way so you can have it. This is where I decide I'm not going to stoop to your level. The exchange between you and I is very clear and people are free to read it and make their own assessments of the emotional temperature of the exchange.

If you think I've edited posts, feel free to ask another mod to confirm/deny and wipe the egg off your face when you're done.

ETA: It's post #377
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Maybe you have me on ignore protean, but if you can see this, I think what Z meant was that he was reserving space to edit in his response if you pointed out the post for him.

Pretty sure he wasn't accusing you of editing your stuff.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Maybe you have me on ignore protean, but if you can see this, I think what Z meant was that he was reserving space to edit in his response if you pointed out the post for him.

Pretty sure he wasn't accusing you of editing your stuff.
    Nah, PB, I'm pretty sure he meant for her to show him the post where she originally, on her own, said she may have misunderstood him and for him to thus clarify; and not a post she now has "updated" through editing to include such a sentiment.

Show me an example before editing it in, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Huh?

Where was this?

(pre-editing it in, please.)
    He asked for it kindly though.

Glycerine

I apologize for making quite a scene today. I was just trying to make a point. Next time, I won't use my personal shit as a tool to do it. I have gone through a lot of shit in my life but so has everyone else.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Q, I guess this one is most explicit: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1292943

I'm tired all, must head to bed.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Not really worth replying to in any meaningful way so you can have it.
    Thank you for not actually dealing with the merits of my response, but simply saying I'm not worthy.

You are a shining exemplar of dignity and integrity.

This is where I decide I'm not going to stoop to your level.
    Oh, and also, thank you for implying that I've stooped to some low level.

All I've said is that your point was irrelevant, and had nothing to do with what I'd said.

Go back and read it yourself: it didn't.

You're the one who said I should better develop my Fe and Se, so who started the stooping in the first place, my dear?

The exchange between you and I is very clear and people are free to read it and make their own assessments of the emotional temperature of the exchange.
    True dat.

If you think I've edited posts, feel free to ask another mod to confirm/deny and wipe the egg off your face when you're done.
    No egg on my face; I never said you did anything of the sort.

I simply asked that, if you had edited it in, then please understand why I did not remember you asking me to clarify where we had a misunderstanding.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Depending upon the source you read, it may assign empathy to either Fe or Fi.
    I got fed up with listening to two women, in particular, bitch about empathy so many times in this forum that I decided to post a source where empathy was listed under Fe. But you will find it listed under Fi as well. So for those women, or any other women, to engage in any more catfights about it I will presume it's personally motivated-trolling-rather than really seeking an answer.
    You mean... empathy might be a near-universal human trait? And that we favor or lack it less because of function preference, but rather more because the experiences in our lives have better or worse prepared us for acting in such an evolutionarily complex manner?

It's almost like you've studied human psychology or something.

(BTW, if the rest of y'all are still caught up in type, this is a J type "thinking outside of the box" by looking at the box and rearranging it. It's education that drives new thinking, predilection towards innovative thought only gets you so far)

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Nah, PB, I'm pretty sure he meant for her to show him the post where she originally, on her own, said she may have misunderstood him and for him to thus clarify; and not a post she now has "updated" through editing to include such a sentiment.

Show me an example before editing it in, please.

He asked for it kindly though.
    This is accurate.

Not sure why it needed the "though", though, as I really don't think there's anything wrong with what I said.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    You mean... empathy might be a near-universal human trait? And that we favor or lack it less because of function preference, but rather more because the experiences in our lives have better or worse prepared us for acting in such an evolutionarily complex manner?

It's almost like you've studied human psychology or something.

(BTW, if the rest of y'all are still caught up in type, this is a J type "thinking outside of the box" by looking at the box and rearranging it. It's education that drives new thinking, predilection towards innovative thought only gets you so far)
    lol, I was watching a really old film called "Life's First Feelings" and it said that people are more likely to develop empathy if they were shown empathy as a little kid by an important force. If one does not have empathy, he is probably a sociopath/psychopath that did attach to an important person within the first year of life.