User Tag List

First 303839404142 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Good thoughts, protean.

And, thanks for sharing your view on uumlau's response to Pitseleh's post where she shared her upbringing. I am not aiming to hazard a guess at protean's thought, but, what I felt, as an initial reaction:

He (u) is so submerged in "function-talk", defending the validity and effectiveness of evaluations using singular functions, that there was no acknowledgement of what Pitseleh actually shared.

I dunno - to me, the gravity of it. Even if Pitseleh made that remark in passing [and with a ].

If I felt compelled to respond quoting that post, I would initially feel compelled to give a certain "respect" to that truth shared by that person. Some acknowledgement, rather than using that as a jump-off for a counterpoint.

It felt, to me, a weird discord in response by uumlau towards Pitseleh's post, but I do believe he was just using her post as a jump-off point for his own thoughts, and it was nothing against consciously trying to dismiss her, or her experiences. And, I dunno if he even thought on this level of evaluation: the collective sympathy/emphathy phenomenon?

- Fe/Fi difference in reaction? Or just differing levels of social courtesies?

I dunno.

Oh: and I most certainly don't know how the receiver herself, Pitseleh, reacted to it...just sharing my take on it.
    I was a little but I didn't take it personally. Ironically, I was a little surprised by Protean's response and was seriously wondering what I should be feeling and thinking. "Should I take offense to his post or approach his post intellectually?" Her post was much appreciated by me nonetheless. Based on Uumlau's post history, I figured his motive was truly not to bait and offend people so I didn't hold anything against him. He and I are on good terms, FWIW.

Enneagram
    1w2

Good thoughts, protean.

And, thanks for sharing your view on uumlau's response to Pitseleh's post where she shared her upbringing. I am not aiming to hazard a guess at protean's thought, but, what I felt, as an initial reaction:

He (u) is so submerged in "function-talk", defending the validity and effectiveness of evaluations using singular functions, that there was no acknowledgement of what Pitseleh actually shared.

I dunno - to me, the gravity of it. Even if Pitseleh made that remark in passing [and with a ].

If I felt compelled to respond quoting that post, I would initially feel compelled to give a certain "respect" to that truth shared by that person. Some acknowledgement, rather than using that as a jump-off for a counterpoint.

It felt, to me, a weird discord in response by uumlau towards Pitseleh's post, but I do believe he was just using her post as a jump-off point for his own thoughts, and it was nothing against consciously trying to dismiss her, or her experiences. And, I dunno if he even thought on this level of evaluation: the collective sympathy/emphathy phenomenon?

- Fe/Fi difference in reaction? Or just differing levels of social courtesies?

The mind boggles. I dunno.
    The first thing that jumped out at me at that post was that she said she was in an orphanage for five years and no one seemed to respond to that. IDK, what that was either.

Oh: and I most certainly don't know how the receiver herself, Pitseleh, reacted to it...just sharing my take on it.
    Yes, that's true. She seemed to joke it off as well so maybe it was no harm, no foul. But I do think it's interesting how much people tend to gloss over pretty heavy statements people make in passing. And again, you can't tell if they said it casually, meaning it casually or if they said it seriously hoping someone would notice.

Oh, web associations!
    I love those things...they're like tetris blocks projecting onto my eyelids!

You mean stop the ridiculous triggers for functions-war?

But...but...but...what'll be our ?

If anything, I strive to keep people entertained and lend my hand in forum drama in any way I can.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I feel like the invisible woman here at the moment.

I asked Pitseleh myself in this thread about whether that was true or a joke. The threw me off, just like Jag making comments that are falsehoods but putting a winky beside them. So, I asked.

I didn't think uumlau "blew it off" - if I can be so bold as to assume he missed that as well, just as I did.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    The first thing that jumped out at me at that post was that she said she was in an orphanage for five years and no one seemed to respond to that. IDK, what that was either.

Yes, that's true. She seemed to joke it off as well so maybe it was no harm, no foul. But I do think it's interesting how much people tend to gloss over pretty heavy statements people make in passing. And again, you can't tell if they said it casually, meaning it casually or if they said it seriously hoping someone would notice.
    Yeah, I somewhat regret saying that because it was a really dark comment but it was kind of like saying, "Do you guys seriously think Fe or Fi is starting out at mistrust? Isn't life experience an important factor in determining stuff like that?" Plus, I had been thinking about trust issues outside of MBTI earlier. I was thinking of deleting it but I had to go do some errands and Uumlau made his post before I got back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    But couldn't you just turn around and say that the skill one is learning is to use a function associated with empathy (Fe, Fi: take your choice)?
    Depending upon the source you read, it may assign empathy to either Fe or Fi.
    I got fed up with listening to two women, in particular, bitch about empathy so many times in this forum that I decided to post a source where empathy was listed under Fe. But you will find it listed under Fi as well. So for those women, or any other women, to engage in any more catfights about it I will presume it's personally motivated-trolling-rather than really seeking an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    just like Jag making comments that are falsehoods but putting a winky beside them.
    Which mod do you want me to get to make you stop trolling? Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Based on Uumlau's post history, I figured his motive was truly not to bait and offend people so I didn't hold anything against him. He and I are on good terms, FWIW.
    Yup! From what I've observed, he's not of that character. I truly think it was a lack of thinking along those terms/considerations, in the first place. An overlooking of sorts.

Also, have you mentioned this fact about yourself before anywhere else on the forum? Because something in me is tickling my memory that I knew of this fact about you, thus, didn't think it was a joke - even with the .

Thus, I may have also had more information to evaluate the context of your post, than uumlau.

If anything, I strive to keep people entertained and lend my hand in forum drama in any way I can.

If it comes with a side order of progress in discussions in this forum, rather than repeating/rehashing ol' arguments, all the more

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I feel like the invisible woman here at the moment.

I asked Pitseleh myself in this thread about whether that was true or a joke.
    You did!

After protean pointed it out that, in her perspective, it seemed odd:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...2-post317.html

I didn't think uumlau "blew it off" - if I can be so bold as to assume he missed that as well, just as I did.
    Very likely. I believe as much as well.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I'm working it out right now, homie!
    Well, apparently it's still very out of shape.

It seems to not even know what it's arguing about.

And it seems to want to blame its lack of capability on other people's functions.

Discussing a topic with you, which is becoming more shitty and less giggly as time goes on.
    Yeah, that shittiness is called you being confronted with the vacuousness and hostility of your own argumentative nature.

You picked an argument, made some shit up (out of thin air) about whether functions "motivate" empathy, which wasn't even an issue that I had raised, but that you nonetheless felt compelled to argue and actually thought was a reasonable response to what I did say.

But it's alright... I'm sure that inferior Ti doesn't even know what's going on right now.

And what it doesn't know can't hurt it.

Would you care to address any of my points in my posts?
    My point was that the argument you picked wasn't even relevant to what I had to say.

If what you said was actually relevant, there would be a point in actually addressing it, but, seeing as how that was not the case, other than to point out its complete and total irrelevance, what about it exactly should I be addressing?

Think of it as a thought exercise.
    Hon, I don't need the thought exercise...

My T is strong and fine as is.

I made the attempt to explain myself and you've been mostly blowing me off...
    How have I blown you off?

I asked you what relevance your point about the order of "function", "motivation", and "empathy" (function>motivation>order or motivation>function>order) had to do with my point about learning to use certain "functions associated with empathy (either Fe or Fi)", and you still have provided no modicum of it.

If you want to take a stab at showing the relevance again, I'm all game...

even asked you to clarify if I'd misunderstood.
    Huh?

Where was this?

(pre-editing it in, please.)

Nor have I made any attempts to psychoanalyze you to discredit you.
    No, but you felt the right to do so to Silly, in order to discredit me:

Biased. Kinda like how a mother would never believe her sweet little boy is a serial killker.
    And you also felt the right to call into question my functional aptitude, once again, in order to discredit me.

So... well... that speaks for itself...

Bottom line: You brought up a completely irrelevant point that had nothing to do with what I'd actually said, I called you out on it, and you've been dissembling ever since.

As I said before: you've given me all kinds of reason to be taken by the impression that you're just a hostile, argumentative person, who creates fights out of thin air for no real reason at all...

Glycerine

You did!

After protean pointed it out that, in her perspective, it seemed odd:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...2-post317.html

Very likely. I believe as much as well.
    Please read post #394 for my reasoning.