User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Don't swing off on a tangent now ... I know you have feelings; I know you were feeling annoyance, iritation and impatience with the stereotypes presented, almost to the point of finding it offensive to you personally, but it doesn't seem to me that your feelings were hurt. Were they?
    Would it matter if they were? How would you have assessed that they were, if they were? You just said I was annoyed, irritated, and impatient...if you sensed that, why did you choose to respond to Oro's "explicit" tantrum and not my hypothetically simmering feelings? I'm not getting that.

Sorry, I've got more edits because I keep thinking of stuff.

I would support you as vigorously if I felt you needed it. Right here, right now, you don't.
    Why don't I?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

If I answer your questions further, I will potentially get myself into trouble using my intuition in a way that's not often appreciated out loud. If you want to go there, I will. But I need your explicit permission first.

-----

You're right, I could have spoken with you along the way, and it would have been a delicate task to address you without you feeling like I was trying to placate the situation. You are totally worth the time and attention necessary though.

Do you feel like you could use some advocacy in this thread?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Has anyone spoken to Puppy since 8-15?
    The future is for the unafraid.

Easier to calculate spoken about Puppy.

I don't know why we must put a person's unwillingness to further engage in a thread, through such a ringer, afterwards. Esp. when they are still present in the site, but, not present in said specific thread.

Let 'em be, geez!

It just seems to feed some need for "drama" continued.....

Edit, to add for clarity: Btw, that ^ comment of mine about Puppy was with regards to EVERYONE who started to psychoanalyze her (and her emotional state of matters) after she had clearly left the thread, herself. Let the person defend themselves, otherwise, respect their absence.
    Last edited by Qre:us; 08-17-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: xtra, xtra clarity to avoid confusion of my statement's intent

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Why don't I?
    cause you're asserting yourself. orobas was asserting her ideas. it felt like her self was being left behind. it sounds like you're protecting your self, yourself.

i get this problem with my best friend... sometimes i haven't realized how hurt she is herself because she's good at putting up an external wall. when i'm hurt, i open way up and express that hurt loudly. so when other people don't, sometimes i don't realize it. basically i'm so busy defending myself via opening up that i don't pay as much attention to reading her underlying feelings, which would help her. and she's so busy defending herself via closing off that she doesn't pay as much attention to asserting her underlying feelings, which would help me.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    so, theoretically, NeFi / FiNe and FeNi / NiFe will both seek both individuality and solidarity, just in different ways. and since we all use all of the functions, we will all prize all of these to a certain degree.

regardless of theory, individuality and solidarity are what make us living beings; difference provides us with individual identity and drive and likeness provides us with cohesion for survival and collaboration. and to some extent conflict between and over the two is bound to happen because individuality and solidarity are push-pull forces both within and amongst people.

in other words... this conflict is almost unavoidable. of course, the way we handle it is, at least to some extent, under our control.
    This is something that I'll have to mull over. It sounds like an expansion of the perception that both types come to the 'individuality' conclusion in their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I think it might help to consider the positioning of the Fi and Fe.

I think the higher F is in one's functional preference, the more you see the tendency you've described.

Nevertheless, and I can't believe I'm going to be the one harking on this point now: it might come down to individual differences...

I do, though, think that Ts will tend to be more open to the boxing...
    This is what I was afraid of. To me, the general picture ends up sounding like: "Who likes MBTI categorization? Fe users don't, and also dominant Fi users don't. But Ts do. And also anyone who uses Te. Who uses Te? Everyone does, because we all use all of the functions. But then ... .. ..."

Maybe we can cast the specific question of "Who likes MBTI categorization?" into the pile of questions such as "Which MBTI type likes fried ice cream?"

How large can and should that pile get? Time and inquiry will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    post.
    thank god for your post

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Some stuff moved to the off topic thread, the topic is Fe: Reset!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    This is something that I'll have to mull over. It sounds like an expansion of the perception that both types come to the 'individuality' conclusion in their own way.
    it occurred to me when i read your option C. i like both using theory and rejecting theory, being myself and belonging. all the jungian dichotomies are inherently opposed, but they work together. we're all paradoxes, i think. we just come in different flavors... lol...

Maybe we can cast the specific question of "Who likes MBTI categorization?" into the pile of questions such as "Which MBTI type likes fried ice cream?"
    speaking of flavors.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    speaking of flavors.
    Don't knock fried ice cream. It's pretty nummy!

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Don't knock fried ice cream. It's pretty nummy!

Looks much better than this stuff....