• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the Fi bias

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obama is not an Fe-dom. He just plays one on TV.

Jaguar

Obama is not an Fe-dom. He just plays one on TV.

Let me guess, Obama validated his own type and shared his results with you.
Since that is not likely to be the case, you have no idea what is dominant function is.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'd agree with you Cloee. I believe that's why sometimes Fe is seen as not being genuine. Some Fi users are likely to view it as just subscribing to an unfair or unjust system and not expressing your views so that you can get ahead. To me the difference is that I wouldn't do something that conflicted with my inner values. It's just that I might try to see how I could make the outcome as acceptable as possible to everyone involved. In some cases, it is still worth upsetting others to be true to speak out against or for something important. However, I think I probably take into account first of the amount of productive outcome, vs how much cost there will be. If it doesn't seem like it will be effective, I may look for another way of going at the problem that would still allow me to get the same message across with greater results.

Jaguar

God you're good. How'd you know?

Zoltan-Crystal-Ball.jpg

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
that's my perception. People like Fe-doms. look at oprah, obama.

People like you when you fullfil their needs, and as Fe dom you take a lot into consideration other peoples feelings, which they of course love.

Fi doms are more criticized than Fe doms.

Assuming we are relying on conventional and generic profile typings, are you stating that people don't like John F. Kennedy Jr. and William Shakespeare as much as though you've listed? I think that people love them more than love Oprah, perhaps even Obama. Depends though.

I don't think Fi is any less capable of fulfilling a person's needs. Just more willing too.

Chloe

Assuming we are relying on conventional and generic profile typings, are you stating that people don't like John F. Kennedy Jr. and William Shakespeare? I think that people love them more than love Oprah, perhaps even Obama. Depends though.

no, but in general fi gets more criticized than fe, i dont think i can explain this better - i just perceive it that way.

I don't think Fi is any less capable of fulfilling a person's needs.

maybe. But as passionate Fi user I must admit I dont feel like fulfilling other people's needs in that way, doesnt come naturaly, Fe's do it passively, nobody should fulfill your someones needs but you him/her but getting attention from Fe has that effect on many people. It's a side effect. Both Fi and Fe just act natural.

(by "you" i didnt mean you;Serge, i meant it in general)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In my perspective, I try not to repeat controversial, negative things about people especially to the person of interest unless it's common knowledge because it stirs up unnecessary drama where I may not know all the specifics of the situation and there's a chance of third-person misinterpretation. It's not in my place to tell the person what someone else thinks of them unless it's completely slanderous to the person's character (even then its quite a fine line). Who knows? Maybe you friend thinks along the same line?

yes, that sounds exactly like her reasoning too. :yes:

it took a long time for me to relate to it - my immediate reaction was "why didn't you tell me?! it's about me, i should have the right to know!". i still think it strikes me like that at first. but after we talked about it a while i understood how much more nuanced and, truthfully, altruistic, her behavior was than i had first assumed.

in a lot of ways, i'm grateful to have a good friend who has totally reversed functions, because i'm continually being nudged to see things in a totally different way.

fidelia said:
I would let someone know if it was something that required them correcting misinformation or if it was something like a cheating partner, where I thought it would be more productive in the long run to know. Sometimes though I see people who repeat every bad/negative thing back to a person and it looks like someone who takes joy in seeing their friend's reaction (sense of power or titilation in sharing negative gossip) by stirring up trouble, or by trying to take up somebody else's offenses. None of these are useful and in many cases, what was said by the other person might have been a fleeting feeling or something carelessly said. When passed along, it creates more hurt that cannot be rectified or acted on positively, rather than just giving the victim of it a sense of decision making and power over their own fate. I think it would really depend on how close I was to the person. If we were close, I'd tell. If not, I probably wouldn't because I couldn't predict their reaction.

hm. i've never really thought about it that way - in explicit terms of creating more total hurt or not - but that makes sense.

i would be most likely to pass on information if it were true and good, of course, - or if it's negative, like you said, more productive in the long run to know. i also think it depends very much on the personality of the person in question. i think one of the other things that occurs to me when deciding is the fact that i personally would like to know what people say about me, because i want to know how people in general perceive me. so often i think the same of others - that if there's something i hear negative about someone, perhaps they would like to know so that if it is true, they can change to be more like what they have envisioned. i think that, when i think about it, i take the individual into account more than the entire dynamic system.

i think that part of dislike for Fe is that Fe gets you more ahead in life and is more accepted, so Fi users see this as unfair and blame on Fe.

true :laugh:

but it makes sense, doesn't it? Fi is so obsessed with everyone understanding itself that it forgets about other people sometimes, paradoxical as it is. Fe is better at paying attention to others, even though sometimes it neglects itself. so of course the irony is that you can get a Fe dom/aux who is well-loved and praised for who they are but unsure of themselves at a very core level, while you can have a Fi dom/aux who desperately wants to be loved yet totally neglects other people.

G

Glycerine

yes, that sounds exactly like her reasoning too. :yes:

it took a long time for me to relate to it - my immediate reaction was "why didn't you tell me?! it's about me, i should have the right to know!". i still think it strikes me like that at first. but after we talked about it a while i understood how much more nuanced and, truthfully, altruistic, her behavior was than i had first assumed.

in a lot of ways, i'm grateful to have a good friend who has totally reversed functions, because i'm continually being nudged to see things in a totally different way.
:D. Most of the ENFPs I have met are awesome. If neither of us get too stuck in our egos, we tend to complement each other. That's where the problem usually lies for me... bruised ego butthurt. A lot of them say things that I believe but may be too scared to say.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:D. Most of the ENFPs I have met are awesome. If neither of us get too stuck in our egos, we tend to complement each other. That's where the problem usually lies for me... bruised ego butthurt. A lot of them say things that I believe but may be too scared to say.

lol, agreed. i love ENFJs (you are an ENFJ aren't you? you seem like an ENFJ) when we aren't all butthurt.

it's really funny too, we do both get ego-bruised, don't we? i like that term. and it's funny, because to me, ENFJs always seem very composed and together but still fun and outgoing and so confident. you're like people-magnets. i get totally jealous. and then i had a revelation moment when an ENFJ showed me just how much uncertainty and stress he had inside. it totally blew me away, because i externalize a lot of that stuff in talking it through with people. i had no idea what he was dealing with - and quite a few things that i never even think about (J/Fe stuff). so not to say i don't still have ENFJ envy - i totally do, lol - but it's tempered by the understanding that ENFJ is not just an ENFP upgrade. yall are very different people.

G

Glycerine

lol, agreed. i love ENFJs (you are an ENFJ aren't you? you seem like an ENFJ) when we aren't all butthurt.

it's really funny too, we do both get ego-bruised, don't we? i like that term. and it's funny, because to me, ENFJs always seem very composed and together but still fun and outgoing and so confident. you're like people-magnets. i get totally jealous. and then i had a revelation moment when an ENFJ showed me just how much uncertainty and stress he had inside. it totally blew me away, because i externalize a lot of that stuff in talking it through with people. i had no idea what he was dealing with - and quite a few things that i never even think about (J/Fe stuff). so not to say i don't still have ENFJ envy - i totally do, lol - but it's tempered by the understanding that ENFJ is not just an ENFP upgrade. yall are very different people.
Wanna trade for a day? haha ENFP usually have their own brand of charm so no need to have ENFJ envy. :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wanna trade for a day? haha ENFP usually have their own brand of charm so no need to have ENFJ envy. :D

yes please! that would be very interesting

good to hear about the charm, lol :hug: