User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Fe and Beauty

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I agree with this, Jung is talking about the Fe tendency to weigh how it will affect others in their environment when deciding on a course of action.
    What is more beautiful, to watch someone crash or to watch someone glow with happiness?
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    What is more beautiful, to watch someone crash or to watch someone glow with happiness?
    Depends on what you want to see. For me, glow. Is there an issue with playing the environment to cause an effect with these Fe discussions?

MBTI
    STP

Depends on what you want to see. For me, glow. Is there an issue with playing the environment to cause an effect with these Fe discussions?
    I dont understand your question. The biggest issue I have with Fe is misuse of it to cause someone to crash for personal reasons as thats a selfish use of Fe to me. Its something I can and have got past when others do it to me, but its still not something I think highly of.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I dont understand your question. The biggest issue I have with Fe is misuse of it to cause someone to crash for personal reasons as thats a selfish use of Fe to me. Its something I can and have got past when others do it to me, but its still not something I think highly of.
    Sure, that isn't a good thing. I guess if you are able to play it one way it isn't hard to turn it on it's head. I have done that, in order to create a negative effect. I think everybody has done the opposite of what was expected to annoy people.

It seems more of a personal ethics thing to me.

The question was almost talking to myself. Actually, I was talking to myself and typed it out.

MBTI
    STP

Sure, that isn't a good thing. I guess if you are able to play it one way it isn't hard to turn it on it's head. I have done that, in order to create a negative effect. I think everybody has done the opposite of what was expected to annoy people.

It seems more of a personal ethics thing to me.

The question was almost talking to myself. Actually, I was talking to myself and typed it out.
    Yeah..."whats expected" is where it gets confusing because we are all different. The best way I have found to create Fe beauty is to see what Fi wants and provide that. Its a weird day when you can see the same glow in a male xNTPs eyes that you can see from a female xNFP.
    Im out, its been fun

Glycerine

My sense of beauty is more conservative but by no means I am I blindly going by what society is telling me. This is ridiculous. Look at how Domino/ PinkPiranha expresses herself through her attire. Fe doms aren't just about social standards..... we have brains of our own, ya know? I use my Ni, Se, and Ti to level out the Fe (I have really strong Ni so it's always battling the Fe).

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    My sense of beauty is more conservative but by no means I am I blindly going by what society is telling me. This is ridiculous. Look at how Domino/ PinkPiranha expresses herself through her attire. Fe doms aren't just about social standards..... we have brains of our own, ya know? I use my Ni, Se, and Ti to level out the Fe (I have really strong Ni so it's always battling the Fe).
    Isn't it more a tendency to weigh and include that as fact and information on decision making? It seems simplistic to believe that Fe would result in an individual becoming a slave to societies cultural norms and expectations. Knowing and being aware doesn't have to lead to doing. There is always the individual will.

Imagine how the other functions would colour Fe. Imagine if you were aware but chose another route. There seems to be advantages in using that function far beyond the limiting descriptions on this forum.

Edit: When I went back and reread this it looks like I reworded your post. Hopefully I added something.

Glycerine

Isn't it more a tendency to weigh and include that as fact and information on decision making? It seems simplistic to believe that Fe would result in an individual becoming a slave to societies cultural norms and expectations. Knowing and being aware doesn't have to lead to doing. There is always the individual will.

Imagine how the other functions would colour Fe. Imagine if you were aware but chose another route. There seems to be advantages in using that function far beyond the limiting descriptions on this forum.

Edit: When I went back and reread this it looks like I reworded your post. Hopefully I added something.
    Thank you. You put it much more succinctly than I could.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Personally, I find beauty in obscure, uncommon places that are frequently up for debate.
    I'm more prone to keeping my individual opinion intact. I may not declare something ugly forthright, but I'll commonly refuse to give it praise.

Fe more so drives me to sidestep, questioning what makes it aesthetically appealing to others. It bleeds into Ni. From there, they have the chance to sway me or, at least, allow me to better see it through their eyes.

This makes me wonder about Fe-tact and how it comes off as insincere. Say I maintain my opinion, but recognize and validate the opinions of others. Am I more likely to come off as indecisive and unreadable? I could see it easily getting misconstrued as not having a solid opinion of my own.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    infj

I like this discussion. I definitely think that there’s a difference between having a true eye for aesthetics and having an opinion about looks good. The latter anyone can have, the former I don’t really think everyone possesses, or at least that some have a greater aptitude for than others.

I’ve also known enough people of same type who have vastly different tastes/abilities to discern what looks good to think that an eye for design is related to anyone one function.

As for how I judge beauty, maybe this is just where my Fe shows, but I think I do want to able to say some things are attractive and other things just aren’t even if other people like them, and I think the criteria for this can be both subjective and maybe not-so-subjective. It makes me think of a friend of mine who typically dresses in way that doesn’t exactly flatter her figure. She thinks she’s hot, but I know a lot of people look at her and think “that skirt’s too short,” “she should not be showing that much cleavage,” etc, etc. I suppose we could say that people are judging her based on cultural norms of what is appropriate, but to some extent she also doesn’t always seem to have a sense of what looks good on her. I’m not exactly sure where to draw the line here.

Quote Originally Posted by musttry View Post

Anyways, it has been difficult. My girlfriend was astonished when she met me and came to my appartment for the first time. I had left it unpainted and white and felt quite comfortable. She (INFP) finds it extremely ugly and unbecoming to not appropriate space with personal taste.
    I can be like that, and maybe as you mentioned I’d attribute it more to inferior Se more than anything. A few months back I met an INFJ textile designer who’s apartment was nearly empty. You’d think that as an artist she would have an appreciation for aesthetics (and she did), but it seems like a lot of dominant intuitives I know don’t get much satisfaction out of accumulating lots of things. I always think about ways I could decorate my room, but really I don’t think my external environment affects me enough to motivate me to do anything about it.

And about Fe and agreeability there are two extremes. There seem to be Fe-users who are reluctant to express to any negative opinion about anything out of fear of hurting someone’s feelings, and then there are the ones who are hyper-critical and quick to express exactly how they feel about something regardless of who might be offended.