User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: stupid Te

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Smile stupid Te

Nothing pisses me off more than stupid Te, stupid Te is when the person is trying to prove that his point of view is right or that others point of view is false by using more or less insignificant details. When the person sees these details totally black(wrong) and white(right) and judges the other persons point false of view if he finds even some small insignificant detail that is not 100% correct. Reasoning for this kind of thinking is that if you would be right, there couldnt be any incorrect things in your opinion. In extreme cases this stupid Te even finds incorrect information in other peoples opinion, that actually has nothing to do with the persons opinion because he is trying soooo hard to find a fault in other persons opinion that it starts to wander out of the actual subject. Stupid Te also blocks out very stubbornly everything other guy has to say after he finds a fault(or what seems to be a fault to a stupid Te) in what he says(it might even be misunderstanding on stupid Te that is caused by wrong usage of some single word). Depending on how stupid the Te is it might even be most the time when the stupid Te is the one who is wrong. Stupid Te also always finds something to support his point of view and sometimes these things that support his point of view is as stupid and insignificant small details as the ones that he uses as reason why other peoples point of view is false. And is as stubborn on the reasons why he is right as he is on the reasons why others are wrong.

Im not saying that every Te user is like this, but i havent yet met any Te user who wouldnt be at least little stupid like this. Uumlau seems to be intelligent Te user, i cant be 100% sure about him tho. Do Te users have to be an old fart to have even a little chance of being an intellectual(instead of just an smart ass)?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

um no....i don't think so but te will piss me off when it's shoved down my throat and just...wrong.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

The 'stupid Te user' may not view you as very intelligent either. What makes you so sure you aren't vastly overestimating your knowledge and understanding of other people's thoughts and perceptions? To call someone stupid is quite a bold a statement. One simple construct of certain individuals is the belief that only in admitting defeat or wrong is someone actually wrong or defeated. To continue fighting and not give up the argument or fight is to never truly be wrong or lose, no matter how incorrect you may perceive their reasoning of thought and action.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Nothing pisses me off more than stupid Te, stupid Te is when the person is trying to prove that his point of view is right or that others point of view is false by using more or less insignificant details. When the person sees these details totally black(wrong) and white(right) and judges the other persons point false of view if he finds even some small insignificant detail that is not 100% correct. Reasoning for this kind of thinking is that if you would be right, there couldnt be any incorrect things in your opinion. In extreme cases this stupid Te even finds incorrect information in other peoples opinion, that actually has nothing to do with the persons opinion because he is trying soooo hard to find a fault in other persons opinion that it starts to wander out of the actual subject. Stupid Te also blocks out very stubbornly everything other guy has to say after he finds a fault(or what seems to be a fault to a stupid Te) in what he says(it might even be misunderstanding on stupid Te that is caused by wrong usage of some single word). Depending on how stupid the Te is it might even be most the time when the stupid Te is the one who is wrong. Stupid Te also always finds something to support his point of view and sometimes these things that support his point of view is as stupid and insignificant small details as the ones that he uses as reason why other peoples point of view is false. And is as stubborn on the reasons why he is right as he is on the reasons why others are wrong.

Im not saying that every Te user is like this, but i havent yet met any Te user who wouldnt be at least little stupid like this. Uumlau seems to be intelligent Te user, i cant be 100% sure about him tho. Do Te users have to be an old fart to have even a little chance of being an intellectual(instead of just an smart ass)?
    I totally agree. I hate that. A Te user once tried to convince me of the way the blood flows through the heart... And, duh! I'm a nurse. And he was completely wrong. I had to put him in his place there. Sometimes I think Te just needs to verbalize their thought processes, so sometimes wrong things come out. (I know I do.) But the egos on many Te users don't like to back down on their statements, therefore sounding "stupid" when they really aren't.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

garbage

The irony's going to be when this thread devolves into a pedantic debate between the OP and Te users, with both thinking that they're right because they're looking at different insignificant details

Drag out a textbook and point to an authority on the subject, in cases where it's actually important. If they don't trust your opinion, they might trust an authority's opinion--it'll just so happen that your opinion and theirs aligns.

Or give up and allow the person to think as they're going to think. Let them drown and maybe get humbled in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Do Te users have to be an old fart to have even a little chance of being an intellectual(instead of just an smart ass)?
    Perhaps the Te users that you view as intellectual are those who have gone through the whole 'humility' process at some point.

In which case, the answer to your question is.. 'Yes. Sort of.' Maturity tends to fill in our own unique blind spots.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Te doesn't affect me or piss me off that much really. You can say whatever you want to say, if I don't agree with your reasoning we can just agree to disagree.

What is an insignificant detail for one person though, is a very deep and important value to another.

My initial reaction to one forcing a way to think on me is to laugh really. They only have power over me if I let them, and when it comes to thinking no one has power over me. I'll always filter to a degree.

Another rant thread created to insult people. Charming.

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

what if you are an equal opportunity hater and hate stupid people in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Another rant thread created to insult people. Charming.

:zzz::zzz::zzz:
    What, you WANT to lower Haight's server bills?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I love using stupid Te. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Te Attack - it's like Jaws - so subtle, and oh, so obvious.

RAWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Gar!!!!! Hiyarrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!