• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

stupid Te

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You see some insignificant small detail might look like reasonable logical explanation to Te people if it is they are trying too hard to find something to support his their point of view.

No offense, but what you are describing is a person who is more concerned with being right in an argument than having a good conversation, and a person who will grasp at straws to prove their point. You haven't provided an explanation as to why why an Fi or Ti user would do this any less than a Te user. How is this specific to Te?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
No offense, but what you are describing is a person who is more concerned with being right in an argument than having a good conversation, and a person who will grasp at straws to prove their point. You haven't provided an explanation as to why why an Fi or Ti user would do this any less than a Te user. How is this specific to Te?

^ Why discussing behavior in terms of functions can be frustrating

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
In your rant about details, I can't help but think you also have a problem with Si. That is, Si combined with Te a la STJ or even NFP.

It also leads me to think that you're butthurt about using vague Ti/Ne.

*ponders*

Si is when you look at details from introverted point of view. Even if it was N who was using this kind of details with Te, it sees the details on extroverted point of view. Its same as that Ti is also pretty detailed about its definitions and noticing small details when trying to spot inconsistencies in logic, and that doesent require the usage of S. S is an information gathering function and it gathers details instead of judging details like Ti and Te does.

I think sensors are worse in this detail thing than intuitives, because they not only judge details, but they see more details that they can judge than intuitives do.

So do you expect Te users to just outright tell you, "Yep, I'm stupid :("

In other words.. what exactly are you looking for, here?

I dont expect Te users to say that they are stupid and i dont think Te users are stupid, im talking about when a function works in a stupid way, i didnt say that Te cant work in a smart way.

Well, it would be nice to see examples of smart usage of Te or someone proving that its not that common for Te to make this kind of mistakes than it seems to me

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

because its quite common for Te to do this

"Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process."

When Te thinks that other person is wrong and it is only concerned being right in the argument and proving it, by smashing the other persons opinion and prove its own opinion right by using logic(and when Te is stupid it tries to prove others wrong and itself right using irrelevant small details that only seemingly looks right, but if you look it more deeply it actually proves nothing, this is because stupid Te makes too fast judgments).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i wish someone would make topics on other functions and how they work when they arent used in smart way

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
When Te thinks that other person is wrong and it is only concerned being right in the argument and proving it, by smashing the other persons opinion and prove its own opinion right by using logic(and when Te is stupid it tries to prove others wrong and itself right using irrelevant small details that only seemingly looks right, but if you look it more deeply it actually proves nothing, this is because stupid Te makes too fast judgments).

This, is completely irrelevant to this

"Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process."

You are saying that Te users use logic and empirical thinking when making an argument, and that part is not being disputed. From this you somehow jump on the fact that they would use insignificant small details to prove their point... and that part doesn't even relate to Te. Why can't ALL THE OTHER judging functions use "insignificant details" when making a judgement or analysis??

Oh and Te doesn't "think" or "try to prove people wrong", people do that.

G

garbage

I dont expect Te users to say that they are stupid and i dont think Te users are stupid, im talking about when a function works in a stupid way, i didnt say that Te cant work in a smart way.

Well, it would be nice to see examples of smart usage of Te or someone proving that its not that common for Te to make this kind of mistakes than it seems to me

ah.

We do have stereotypes to fall back on. Ne can't attend to details. Si tends not to see the bigger picture. And so on. But the question is.. how accurate are those stereotypes? How often can we repeat them until we're blue in the face?

So, yeah, it'd be nice to see some more personal examples of types'/functions' perceived blind spots, less from a model-based theoretical standpoint and more of an extrapolation of actual experiences with people.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
This, is completely irrelevant to this

completely irrelevant to this topic or irrelevant to what?

You are saying that Te users use logic and empirical thinking when making an argument, and that part is not being disputed. From this you somehow jump on the fact that they would use insignificant small details to prove their point... and that part doesn't even relate to Te. Why can't ALL THE OTHER judging functions use "insignificant details" when making a judgement or analysis??

Oh and Te doesn't "think" or "try to prove people wrong", people do that.

do you even try to understand what im saying?

oh and when people use function to prove others wrong, then its the function that is proving others wrong. and yes, its also the person who is doing that, but its also the function.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think if people can't use Te properly, they should lose the right. Like too many DUIs, lose your car license. Let them make do with Ti. They'll come back begging.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think if people can't use Te properly, they should lose the right. Like too many DUIs, lose your car license.

agreed. nice to see an intj who didnt make judgment about what i said before understanding it :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Si is when you look at details from introverted point of view. Even if it was N who was using this kind of details with Te, it sees the details on extroverted point of view. Its same as that Ti is also pretty detailed about its definitions and noticing small details when trying to spot inconsistencies in logic, and that doesent require the usage of S. S is an information gathering function and it gathers details instead of judging details like Ti and Te does.

I think sensors are worse in this detail thing than intuitives, because they not only judge details, but they see more details that they can judge than intuitives do.

My, your opinions are unpleasant. :coffee:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i wish someone would make topics on other functions and how they work when they arent used in smart way

Woohoo. Ok...stupid Ti does nothing because no matter what way the thing is looked at all you end up with is an opinion. So you sit there stupidly at a Y scratching your head.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6

That sounds more like a personal flaw rather than a function gone wrong. With that being said, I can ses where you're coming from. From my stints on other typology forums, extreme Te users who can not deal with the 'pain' of being wrong and as such, over compensate in the way that you described. Funny though, that they sometimes use bad Ti to try to prove their points; bad as in you can tell that they aren't adept at using it. Bad Te is quite annoying, just like any function used in a negative manner.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
agreed. nice to see an intj who didnt make judgment about what i said before understanding it :yes:

Unless I'm mistaken, what you said is there's a design flaw with Te that lets people approach argument with inadequate logical perspective but thinking they've done enough. However you misused an apostrophe in your original post.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Does anyone realize that this whole "Te is stupid" thing is a typical Opposing Personality projection?
(How the shadow of our dominant function naturally rubs us. See http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...le-shadow-functions-mbti-type.html#post190859)

i didnt say Te is stupid :doh:

But i said it kinda in a way that stupid Te looking at this topic would think i said so, since i wanted to see how many Te users fall into that and how many would get what im actually saying.

G

Ginkgo

i didnt say Te is stupid :doh:

But i said it kinda in a way that stupid Te looking at this topic would think i said so, since i wanted to see how many Te users fall into that and how many would get what im actually saying.

It's frustrating for me to think of "stupid Te" and "Te is stupid" as separate entities. It's kind of like how Simulatedworld made a thread talking about Conspiracy Fi, which was meant to be a separate entity from non-conspiracy Fi.

Those who prefer Ti don't need external criteria for their reasoning while those who prefer Te do. That doesn't mean that either preference is innately stupid. You might want to make your posts less provocative and more sober. But, of course, your intent was to provoke reactions from the same demographic you were talking about and then tell us we were exhibiting the same behavior you were describing. Right?

I understand everything you're saying except for the notion of "details". I think drudgery details can be seen from anyone. It doesn't even have to do with sensing functions. For instance, Ti is said to spot nuances in words and models, just as you said that you didn't mention Ti being stupid. I understand this sort of thinking is essential for those who want to be precise in their logic. I would anticipate that those who prefer Fe might perceive Fi as being detail oriented as well. This is because Fe generally pertains to harmony in relation to the collective, as opposed to harmony in relation to the subject. Obviously, the subject is much more particular than the collective, and as such, he/she might be seen as a dispensable detail. I still can't see how Te could be perceived as detail oriented unless the user is referring to external data that is irrelevant or on the fringe of your own thought process.