User Tag List

First 456

Thread: stupid Te

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    What, you WANT to lower Haight's server bills?
    Te dictates that this thread is inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I thought it was Ti that is notorious for being a logic/argument structure/detail Nazi. Te-stupido would be more about enforcing agenda, structure and procedures for no practical reason other than to have agenda, structure and procedures.

Te --> PowerPoint
    Ti --> Word...as far as 80 paged detailed legal contracts are concerned.
    This.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    "Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process."

Still seems like Te to me. You see some insignificant small detail might look like reasonable logical explanation to Te if it is trying too hard to find something to support his point of view. And that is what makes Te stupid when it tries to find something to support its thinking from things that in reality does not support the thinking, even tho it might find some small fraction on it to partly support it(judging too fast if it supports it or not before looking at it more deeply).
    Apparently you are not aware of the fact that the definition of Te you posted has almost nothing to do with what you've described as "stupid Te." Let me disabuse you of your foolish notions.

What it says in the Te description:

1. Challenges ideas based on facts in front of them.
    2. Gives reasonable explanations for conclusions or decisions.
    3. Tries to organize the thinking of others.

What you've said:

1. Resorts to petty tactics (such as focusing on useless details) in order to win an argument/support conclusions derived irrationally.

Really all you've said here is that you don't like people who are stubborn in their opinions, and Te users are certainly not the only people guilty of such behavior.

I was hoping more of this kind of comments from Te users where they cant see what isnt said and thats why getting to wrong conclusions on what people are trying to tell them. Part of the reason why i made this topic so that i could see if many Te users are like this.
    They can't see what isn't said? Wouldn't that be more of a failing on the part of their interlocutor? If you don't explain yourself in a way that makes any sense, is it really reasonable to blame others for misunderstanding you?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Te dictates that this thread is inefficient.

This.
    aww, you searched my posts to find something you can argue with. you do know that this topic is about year old?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned

aww, you searched my posts to find something you can argue with. you do know that this topic is about year old?
    It was recommended by someone that I review it; someone was discussing it. I always read the whole thread.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

INTP and Elfboy should have a competition for who can dig a more impressive Abyss of Fail.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    INTP and Elfboy should have a competition for who can dig a more impressive Abyss of Fail.
    *places bet*

Glycerine

What are you guys talking about? Te is about as SEXY as Ti!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    you do know that the topic was some random thoughts year ago?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Both Ti and Te can be stupid depending on how narrow the perspective their operating from. Maybe a genius Ti type might deduce the properties of a system almost strictly from a phenomenal perspective, but not all can do that. It'd be nice if they could. We'd probably be a far more advanced species than we are if that was the case. There's power in seeing the rules of a game before you even see all of the pieces. Sometimes though their reasoning is just arbitrary, and too arrogant to be open to more information, to see that the game is not what they first thought. Ironically, even if Galileo was a Ne-Ti type, I would say that he had to combat a stupid Ti system (one that was institutionalized by Si perhaps), and he had to use Te (or was it Pe?) to show the superiority of his own.

Te is stupid when it deals with objects on a piecemeal basis, not having a grasp (or at least not caring) of any underlying principles at play except their own habits or visions. It's not really the Te that is stupid in this case, I guess. It's the Pi. The more narrow or ambitious they are, the more they try to smash through or control. And if it's not stupid, it's not cool at least.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something myself in this post. Just my 2c..