User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: stupid Te

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I think if people can't use Te properly, they should lose the right. Like too many DUIs, lose your car license.
    agreed. nice to see an intj who didnt make judgment about what i said before understanding it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Si is when you look at details from introverted point of view. Even if it was N who was using this kind of details with Te, it sees the details on extroverted point of view. Its same as that Ti is also pretty detailed about its definitions and noticing small details when trying to spot inconsistencies in logic, and that doesent require the usage of S. S is an information gathering function and it gathers details instead of judging details like Ti and Te does.

I think sensors are worse in this detail thing than intuitives, because they not only judge details, but they see more details that they can judge than intuitives do.
    My, your opinions are unpleasant.

MBTI
    STP

i wish someone would make topics on other functions and how they work when they arent used in smart way
    Woohoo. Ok...stupid Ti does nothing because no matter what way the thing is looked at all you end up with is an opinion. So you sit there stupidly at a Y scratching your head.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

because its quite common for Te to do this

"Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process."

When Te thinks that other person is wrong and it is only concerned being right in the argument and proving it, by smashing the other persons opinion and prove its own opinion right by using logic(and when Te is stupid it tries to prove others wrong and itself right using irrelevant small details that only seemingly looks right, but if you look it more deeply it actually proves nothing, this is because stupid Te makes too fast judgments).
    That sounds more like a personal flaw rather than a function gone wrong. With that being said, I can ses where you're coming from. From my stints on other typology forums, extreme Te users who can not deal with the 'pain' of being wrong and as such, over compensate in the way that you described. Funny though, that they sometimes use bad Ti to try to prove their points; bad as in you can tell that they aren't adept at using it. Bad Te is quite annoying, just like any function used in a negative manner.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

MBTI
    INTJ

agreed. nice to see an intj who didnt make judgment about what i said before understanding it
    Unless I'm mistaken, what you said is there's a design flaw with Te that lets people approach argument with inadequate logical perspective but thinking they've done enough. However you misused an apostrophe in your original post.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Does anyone realize that this whole "Te is stupid" thing is a typical Opposing Personality projection?
    (How the shadow of our dominant function naturally rubs us. See http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post190859)
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Does anyone realize that this whole "Te is stupid" thing is a typical Opposing Personality projection?
    (How the shadow of our dominant function naturally rubs us. See http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post190859)
    Yep, that's why I made the crack about him being butthurt about using vague Ti/Ne.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i didnt say Te is stupid

But i said it kinda in a way that stupid Te looking at this topic would think i said so, since i wanted to see how many Te users fall into that and how many would get what im actually saying.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Ginkgo

Precisely.

Ginkgo

i didnt say Te is stupid

But i said it kinda in a way that stupid Te looking at this topic would think i said so, since i wanted to see how many Te users fall into that and how many would get what im actually saying.
    It's frustrating for me to think of "stupid Te" and "Te is stupid" as separate entities. It's kind of like how Simulatedworld made a thread talking about Conspiracy Fi, which was meant to be a separate entity from non-conspiracy Fi.

Those who prefer Ti don't need external criteria for their reasoning while those who prefer Te do. That doesn't mean that either preference is innately stupid. You might want to make your posts less provocative and more sober. But, of course, your intent was to provoke reactions from the same demographic you were talking about and then tell us we were exhibiting the same behavior you were describing. Right?

I understand everything you're saying except for the notion of "details". I think drudgery details can be seen from anyone. It doesn't even have to do with sensing functions. For instance, Ti is said to spot nuances in words and models, just as you said that you didn't mention Ti being stupid. I understand this sort of thinking is essential for those who want to be precise in their logic. I would anticipate that those who prefer Fe might perceive Fi as being detail oriented as well. This is because Fe generally pertains to harmony in relation to the collective, as opposed to harmony in relation to the subject. Obviously, the subject is much more particular than the collective, and as such, he/she might be seen as a dispensable detail. I still can't see how Te could be perceived as detail oriented unless the user is referring to external data that is irrelevant or on the fringe of your own thought process.