User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: stupid Te

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    You see some insignificant small detail might look like reasonable logical explanation to Te people if it is they are trying too hard to find something to support his their point of view.
    No offense, but what you are describing is a person who is more concerned with being right in an argument than having a good conversation, and a person who will grasp at straws to prove their point. You haven't provided an explanation as to why why an Fi or Ti user would do this any less than a Te user. How is this specific to Te?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    No offense, but what you are describing is a person who is more concerned with being right in an argument than having a good conversation, and a person who will grasp at straws to prove their point. You haven't provided an explanation as to why why an Fi or Ti user would do this any less than a Te user. How is this specific to Te?
    ^ Why discussing behavior in terms of functions can be frustrating

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Definitely

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    In your rant about details, I can't help but think you also have a problem with Si. That is, Si combined with Te a la STJ or even NFP.

It also leads me to think that you're butthurt about using vague Ti/Ne.

*ponders*
    Si is when you look at details from introverted point of view. Even if it was N who was using this kind of details with Te, it sees the details on extroverted point of view. Its same as that Ti is also pretty detailed about its definitions and noticing small details when trying to spot inconsistencies in logic, and that doesent require the usage of S. S is an information gathering function and it gathers details instead of judging details like Ti and Te does.

I think sensors are worse in this detail thing than intuitives, because they not only judge details, but they see more details that they can judge than intuitives do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    So do you expect Te users to just outright tell you, "Yep, I'm stupid "

In other words.. what exactly are you looking for, here?
    I dont expect Te users to say that they are stupid and i dont think Te users are stupid, im talking about when a function works in a stupid way, i didnt say that Te cant work in a smart way.

Well, it would be nice to see examples of smart usage of Te or someone proving that its not that common for Te to make this kind of mistakes than it seems to me
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

because its quite common for Te to do this

"Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process."

When Te thinks that other person is wrong and it is only concerned being right in the argument and proving it, by smashing the other persons opinion and prove its own opinion right by using logic(and when Te is stupid it tries to prove others wrong and itself right using irrelevant small details that only seemingly looks right, but if you look it more deeply it actually proves nothing, this is because stupid Te makes too fast judgments).
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i wish someone would make topics on other functions and how they work when they arent used in smart way
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

When Te thinks that other person is wrong and it is only concerned being right in the argument and proving it, by smashing the other persons opinion and prove its own opinion right by using logic(and when Te is stupid it tries to prove others wrong and itself right using irrelevant small details that only seemingly looks right, but if you look it more deeply it actually proves nothing, this is because stupid Te makes too fast judgments).
    This, is completely irrelevant to this

because its quite common for Te to do this

"Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone’s ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else’s thought process."
    You are saying that Te users use logic and empirical thinking when making an argument, and that part is not being disputed. From this you somehow jump on the fact that they would use insignificant small details to prove their point... and that part doesn't even relate to Te. Why can't ALL THE OTHER judging functions use "insignificant details" when making a judgement or analysis??

Oh and Te doesn't "think" or "try to prove people wrong", people do that.

garbage

I dont expect Te users to say that they are stupid and i dont think Te users are stupid, im talking about when a function works in a stupid way, i didnt say that Te cant work in a smart way.

Well, it would be nice to see examples of smart usage of Te or someone proving that its not that common for Te to make this kind of mistakes than it seems to me
    ah.

We do have stereotypes to fall back on. Ne can't attend to details. Si tends not to see the bigger picture. And so on. But the question is.. how accurate are those stereotypes? How often can we repeat them until we're blue in the face?

So, yeah, it'd be nice to see some more personal examples of types'/functions' perceived blind spots, less from a model-based theoretical standpoint and more of an extrapolation of actual experiences with people.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

This, is completely irrelevant to this
    completely irrelevant to this topic or irrelevant to what?

You are saying that Te users use logic and empirical thinking when making an argument, and that part is not being disputed. From this you somehow jump on the fact that they would use insignificant small details to prove their point... and that part doesn't even relate to Te. Why can't ALL THE OTHER judging functions use "insignificant details" when making a judgement or analysis??

Oh and Te doesn't "think" or "try to prove people wrong", people do that.
    do you even try to understand what im saying?

oh and when people use function to prove others wrong, then its the function that is proving others wrong. and yes, its also the person who is doing that, but its also the function.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ

I think if people can't use Te properly, they should lose the right. Like too many DUIs, lose your car license. Let them make do with Ti. They'll come back begging.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr