User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Sense of Humor & Type

Inspired by the Ne v Ni Humor thread, I decided it might be interesting to take it to the next logical level, and the search function turned up nil on the topic. I suppose you may also go by function, if you find that more accurate.

So, what do you think fits each types' humor? Descriptions, examples, personal anecdotes, whatever.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm either about shock value or a well placed line. Sometimes they intersect.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I like humor that requires an obscure piece of knowledge to understand, then it becomes more valuable. Something that twists something, like irony or a symbol of something

I also like humor that requires little or no thought, is plain moronic or crude/black. So, take it for what it is worth.

the only kind of humor I cant stand is the kind that you will see on things like America's funniest videos. Like a baby doing some stupid baby thing that isn't funny or a guy falling into a cake trying to dance with his 400 lb. wife at a wedding. Crap my ESFJ mom thinks is funny.

sorry my ESFJs with good senses of humouurrrs out there

MBTI
    I__P
    Enneagram
    4 sp

My sense of humour is quite...very....random. As in I like to take things that have nothing in common and just throw them together. I've never seen TV shows or movies or such with humour too close to mine...Mebbe the closest would be some of JD's daydreams from Scrubs. It's *not* the daydreams themselves, but how the things he says right afterwards are so out of context with the real situation.
    Another thing I like is taking something that isn't funny at all, and try to make it so lame and unfunny that it becomes funny. Usually I fail. Sometimes I end up with something that's actually funny.
    (Just to clarify, I'm not into the "OMG NINJA MONKEEZ!!!" sort of 'random' humour )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Teh annoying/boring.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i like really subtle witty humor, and wordplay.

i also do like light situational humor, like funniest videos - though what bugs me is the dumb jokes the announcer cracks. i like web humor too, like encyclopedia dramatica, memes, xkcd. and slightly-sick things like dead baby jokes and cyanide and happiness. the darwin awards are still funny but also sad to me, they push it a bit too far IMO. though sending someone to lemonparty or goatse (beware if you don't already know) is hilarious.

i don't like knock-knocks, why did the chicken cross the road, joke books, slapstick, things that are really obvious, or things that are totally random (haha sorry lucibelle).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like witty humor...wordplay...funny observations...dryness...ridiculousness...sillines s and total deadpan.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmm, I'm a big fan of deadpan and some slapstick. I don't really like the "slap you upside the head" kind of humor, but with anything, there are exceptions to the rule.

I know as an INFJ, I use a lot of dry humor and deadpan. But's that just me, I don't want to try to cram anyone else of my type into the same category.
    Anything that you haven't fought for isn't going to be appreciated. It takes blood, sweat, and a large amount of tears before you appreciate what you have.

MBTI
    ENTP

Random Random Random. Wouldn't imagine it otherwise.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Randomness is good, but can be overdone (Family Guy doesn't appeal to me, for example, nor does Tim and Eric or most Adult Swim shows except Venture Bros and Boondocks). I like humor where there's clear craft. Layered, witty, and often dryer type jokes appeal, with just the right amount of absurdity. The fact that someone took the time to really work on these jokes is something I love, and overly-random shows or humor don't make me feel that way. My most random favorites are probably Stella or Wet Hot American Summer, but sometimes the jokes are really subtle and even take multiple viewings to get.

I also love a lot of podcasts featuring comedians. Skill in improv is really cool to me. Something about a truly funny comment or comeback just appearing from the air is great (but, if there's prep time or a script, I ask more).

My ENTP friend is much more into the random stuff, like you.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I prefer taboo-laden dark/morbid humor, wild exaggeration, and clever satire.

Ivan Brunetti's Misery Loves Comedy (graphic novel) would be a good example. I laughed my ass off reading it.

Amazon.com: Misery Loves Comedy (9781560977926): Ivan Brunetti: Books

From a Publishers Weekly review:
    Brunetti constantly offers up the worst possible image of himself alongside his portraits of a despised society. His festival of self-loathing, sexual depravity and brutal cynicism, is, however, amazingly clever and incisive.
    That's the kind of stuff I love.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!