• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Somatotype (Body-Type) and Personality

Psychdigg

This chart is meaningless if you don't know a person's body type. But if you know a person's somatotype it can give you an accurate assessment of a person's temperament.

wpad5994d6_05.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how it works here is another chart I made of various celebrities somatotypes. You can see where they fall on the MBTI map.

wpb21fe864_05.jpg

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
more information for those who are curious:
The Somatotypes

the proposed correlations are interesting, psychdigg, and welcome.

i can't say i've ever been a big subscriber to somatotype theory though .__.'' have there been studies done to affirm these correlations?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I should be something like 244

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm probably like a 244.
I'm softish, yet muscular.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I can except that body shape effects personaliy, I just don't think it is this simple. Body shape will alter your experiences in life. If a boy is fat, ugly and bad a sports, he is liable to be bullied at school, which may effect latter attitudes. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will be sociable and lazy, though.

Winston Churchhill was ectomorphic endomorph in build, but his behaviour was far more endomorphic. I've heard it suggested that he felt he had something to prove. It's true that he once jumped over a bridge on a dare to avoid being called a coward. I gather he broke both his legs.

Last edited:

KDude

It's kinda assuming the same as Socionics, in which case, perhaps I'm not ISFP. In socionics, they even say they're hedonists and penguin like... I dunno. Heh. I'm an ectomorph, with broader shoulders than some ectos. Maybe I'm 515, borderline. One of those ISTPs who discovered Fi XD

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so what does that mean? an enfp falls in the middle of endormorph and mesormorph? maybe a bit more endormorph? confused....so...personality traits of both?

Chloe

i dont understand, every mesomorph who gets fat becomes endomorph and personality doesnt change.

KDude

just taking a guess from pics, but apparently an overweight meso would lack the pear shaped factor of endo. i think? :thinking: i imagine.. maybe that marlon brando was an overweight meso, for example.

Chloe

just taking a guess from pics, but apparently an overweight meso would lack the pear shaped factor of endo. i think? :thinking: i imagine.. maybe that marlon brando was an overweight meso, for example.

most people when gain a lot of weight become a bit pear shaped. It HAS to go somewhere....

take Oprah Winfrey:

oprah-winfrey.jpg

I am mesomorph type, but when I gain weight I definately am not mesomorph, and definately not ectomorph, so only thing is left endomorph. Even though i am not very pear shaped.

KDude

most people when gain a lot of weight become a bit pear shaped. It HAS to go somewhere...

maybe you're right. i think my mom is like that come to think of it. i just had an old pic in my previous post but deleted it (not the greatest shot of her..she's frowning or something). may as well put it here again. link. my half bro is clearly meso.. but he gets that tank like build from my mom. she looks kind of endo there. me, i would be istp-ish by all of these estimates. that all said, they're tougher, and more abrasive T's than i could be (STJ, not sure).

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think three body shapes can really be specific enough to say anything, even if the theory had some merit.

Also, I'm not at all an ectomorph despite being ISTP. I guess I'm closest to mesomorph or maybe endomorph, depending what the exact definition is, google tells me various things. I'm normal weight.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I am meso and when I gain weight I don't become anything like my endo friends. I kind of gain weight "everywhere" while they seem to keep relatively thin legs and arms

maybe you're right. i think my mom is like that come to think of it. i just had an old pic in my previous post but deleted it (not the greatest shot of her..she's frowning or something). may as well put it here again. link. my half bro is clearly meso.. but he gets that tank like build from my mom. she looks kind of endo there. me, i would be istp-ish by all of these estimates. that all said, they're tougher, and more abrasive T's than i could be (STJ, not sure).

my build is like your brothers'

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i guess i'm more endo...i seem to really only gain weight in my hips and ass...definitely not a round person.

Chloe

I am meso and when I gain weight I don't become anything like my endo friends. I kind of gain weight "everywhere" while they seem to keep relatively thin legs and arms

then I am meso too bc i also gain everywhere equally. My sister is mix of endo-ecto.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we dont need to throw it right away before exploring it. :D
Typology by body type can be fun, but it's bullshit writ large. There's no way our body types actually influence our personality.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm a pure ectomorph except i have pretty broad shoulders, and the personality traits describe me very well but i doubt it'll do that for everyone.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What about Blob types? They're a little off the charts, don'tcha think?

43586736jl4.jpg