User Tag List

First 202829303132 Last

Lady X:

Sure. Why not.

But, I will be ready for the onslaught of ridicule which doesn't really bother me.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh...you think? well nevermind then...i just thought the point was to see how you arrived at those conclusions...just thought it interesting...still have no idea what to make of it for myself personally...i can't imagine that i should've been an intj...maybe my pictures just weren't very good examples either....what do you mean by muscular anyway...like i build muscle easily? because i do...but i'm not very muscular i don't think...i'm kinda lanky actually.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I would not ridicule you (anymore heh).. I already said I'll view your theory on it's own terms.

It does bother me though, when you say there are adapted types. It's unnecessarily telling people to live up to things they may have zero capacity for. Like Ti, in my case. I don't know how to put it other than that I genuinely struggle there, and always have.. and I was always the more F-like among my family or peers (in the value oriented sense as well as emotional awareness). It's not some other thing I inhabited... or some behavior I adapted to. If I was going to adapt to anything, it would have been T.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I think that the biggest problem here is Psychdigg is adapting MBTI codes to a type that has nothing to do with MBTI; given that MBTI is simply a shorthand for a Jungian cognition process. One that for some people here simply doesn't fit what this new systems says it should be. For example, I can't possibly imagine myself being an Ni type -- or KDude being a Ti type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

There are at least four things going on here. And this is the problem with psychology as a field of knowledge.

1. There is no way of knowing how well the tests work. Statistics don't prove anything they are just a tool for searching out possibilities.

2. There is no guarantee that the words people use to describe themselves are being understood and applied objectively when they are describing themselves. One of the big problems with MBTI is that they tend to over describe types with no clear classification of the significance of each item. What is the one thing that makes an INFP an INFP. What is the second most important thing about an INFP etc.

3. There is also the problem of malleability or plasticity of human behavior. Depending on the particular decisions that are made, attractiveness, addictive tendencies a wide range of changes can be made that feel comfortable over time. Identical twins share around half their personality traits - what explains the other half? So adaptability is no small factor.

4. Finally, there are some serious problems with certain psychological theories.

Research has correlated somatotype with certain personality traits that are similar to the traditional temperament categories. The correlations have varied from 60% to 80%. Somatotype considers the fact that humans differ in the constitution of their body and because somatotype deals with fairly large functions of an organism these functions can be expected to influence behavior. My blog on this site deals with some of these issues.

I've somatotyped a lot of people. Those whose somatotype match their type (whether through a test or introspection) merely acknowledge the fit and you don't usually hear from them again. I haven't kept track, and I should and will at some point, but it seems as if the older the subject the more they get the connection between somatotype and their personality. The younger subjects are still in the ego-forming process of fitting in with their world and seem to be at odds with my assessments. Or it could be that older people just don't give a damn.

Let's look at what psycho-dynamic therapy tries to do. Isn't the purpose of therapy to get in touch with your core "self"? Instead of discovering one's SELF the patient attempts to build up a self-concept. Some of the common terms for the self-concept are; persona, ego-ideal, self-system, reaction formation. This self-concept is often the exact opposite of the actuality. What does it mean to lose touch with oneself? What is the natural self. You can puke up endless dreams and analyze the chunks for years and still not know your true self. You can take every psychology test available and be blind to your true self.

So, why should it even bother a person if I come along with a "theory" that says you aren't what you think you are? Isn't it possible that you aren't what you think you are?

But, if you are happy the way you are - so be it - your quest is over. Enjoy your life. Find your love and find your calling and be so busy at it that you can fall asleep and have dreams of total bliss.

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

interesting...so if my core self was in fact intj i would need to do what? also...don't know how relevant it is if at all but according to cognitive functions tests my highest functions after nefi are nife which would be infj like....but can you explain further what about my shape put me into intj...because maybe it's something that needs clarification...like the fact that i don't like to be overweight so if i've had too much cake or whatever for too long then i have to lay off for awhile...you know?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ok, i'm starting to understand the somatype type thing. I guess that i would actually come up in the ENFP area of somatype. But i do have a couple of questions....

1) I can loose weight very quickly and build muscle also very quickly....if i choose to do so.... does that mean it is possible for my type to change or does it indicate something else?
    2) I am very petite but it is possible that the steroids in my Asthma pump as a young child stunted my growth, so what are the implications of that? Everyone else in my family is tall and it would definately make a big difference to my body shape if i were 6 or 7 inches taller...
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

I've noticed quite a few people have taken the Tony Robbins DISC inventory. About 30 years ago when I just started on this somatotype kick my test of choice was the DISC put out by Performax Systems. The correlations between somatotype and the DISC seemed quite good.

Dominance = Muscular (Mesomorphy)
    Influence = Orientational (Balance)
    Steadiness = Visceral (Endomorphy)
    Compliance = Nervous (Ectomorphy)

Even though that test is my preferred instrument it's not as popular as MBTI.
    If you do some serious reading about psychological tests MBTI is pretty bad.
    The only reason I attempted to map MBTI to somatotype is because its popular.

Some will argue that DISC and MBTI are measuring different things. Mostly business consultants will make that argument because they want to accommodate their clients who may have a preference for one or the other.
    Actually, they are measuring some of the same things and but the Jungian based MBTI does a bad job of it. A lot of it hinges on Jungs dichotomous scheme which just does not fit reality. A lot of people seem to wrap their minds around Jung's theory but it still lacks a realistic structure. Many psychological researchers know this and they look at the MBTI as being a parlor game.

Aleksei: According to somatotype you are in rank order:

1.Endomorphy (Feeling/Jung Steadiness/DISC)
    2.Balanced (Intuition/Jung Influence/DISC)
    3.Mesomorphy (Sensation/Jung Dominance/DISC)
    4.Ectomorphy (Thinking/Jung Compliance/DISC)

Your DISC rank from your test is:
    1. Steadiness
    2. Influence tied with 3. Dominance
    4. Compliance

Something to think about?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

^^

Interesting. I'm a high DC, which seems to correlate with the assessment you gave me earlier on my somatotype.

Kdude:

Looking at your DISC results.

I don't think I got a photo from you so I have to make room for error. But, based on the data you gave me it appeared you were Endo 4 Meso 3.5 Ecto 6.0 Balance 5.5

Based on this information I would expect DiSC scores in rank order as follows:

1. Compliance 2. Influence 3. Steadiness 4. Dominance

Your test results came in with the following rankings:

1. Compliance (77) 2. Dominance (56) 2. Influence (53) Steadiness (46)

What's significant here is Compliance (Thinking) as your dominant.