User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

Nah, INTJs are kinda buff or something.

You're an INTP. Welcome to the club

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    According to him, I would be INTP in his system.. which I don't exactly resemble under any stretch of the imagination (despite feeling that I am or come close to INFP). Their most definable trait is Ti. I know what Ti is, and notice it in many posters here.. I believe I have a limited use of it myself (which is not intentional.. like I'm dumbing myself down or something), and it wouldn't even be noticed from the outside, like in my speech or writing.
    Granted. As Ti is defined, this is true.

So what's the point of even calling myself INTP? Perhaps it holds some other, vague definition in his typology, but.. well.. fair enough. I am an INTP in his system then. I am also a carrot. And a dog. And your grandma. The sky's the limit. If INTP has no relation to MBTI, then what's the point?
    If the categories are very far removed from MBTI (which they seem to be), then they should be renamed to avoid confusion with that system. After all, Socionics' four-letter notation causes lots of confusion because people expect the same function and dichotomy definitions (though it's more closely related to MBTI than Somatotype is).

Now, assessing validity or merit of his system is the next step, after deconflating it from existing systems. I don't know enough about his system to evaluate it in that way.

If there's a typology system in which you label yourself as a dog or a grandma (lol), it may or may not be a useful way of categorizing yourself or other people. It.. probably isn't.

Then again.. you could call yourself a lion..

I could just take any old label and apply it to myself, because none of these types seem to have any actual cognitive specialties or traits if they are that removed from Jung.
    This one's assuming that Jung was the end-all, be-all with respect to cognition and typing. Many people use the Enneagram or the Big Five, for example.

Really, I'd like for Psychdigg to be able to weigh in on this.

The only point I'm trying to hammer home is that the worth of his system shouldn't be tied to how well his types correlate with MBTI types. From there--I have no idea.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I can't read all 3 pages of this thread, can somebody tells me what this is supposed to mean about ENTJs?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I can't read all 3 pages of this thread, can somebody tells me what this is supposed to mean about ENTJs?
    3? there's like 26 and me either.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    If the categories are very far removed from MBTI (which they seem to be), then they should be renamed to avoid confusion with that system.
    That's what I suggested myself once.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    3? there's like 26 and me either.
    It depends on what your settings are for posts per page.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right yeah thought of that after. didn't care to modify...how do you like that set up?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

this thread has 9 pages to me, i like it that way, 30 posts per page.. maybe i even increase to more..

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer
    As you can see on the chart, ENTJs should be combination between mesomorphs and ectomorphs, but slightly more on meso side.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I took a test on Hello Quizzy.. it didn't get me anywhere

Hybrid
    You scored 28% Otter, 25% Lion, 44% Beaver, and 53% Golden Retriever!

You're not strong in any of the four categories. I did not anticipate this. Oops. If you would, please take the animal with the highest percentage and apply it to yourself.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    right yeah thought of that after. didn't care to modify...how do you like that set up?
    It's k. lol...

Any fewer posts/per page setting would just be useless cause there's no chance that I'd randomly go to page 6 of a 26 page thread... at least it's easier to scroll this way.