MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post
    Haphazzard:

This basic area always remains in the same proportion. With endomorphs the section below the waist is larger than the section above the waist. With mesomorphs the section above the waist is larger than the section below the waist.
    Ok, so if my torso is long, like, from the top of my shoulders to my waist is long, but from my waist to my crotch is short, that is a general indication that I'm a meso?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Haphazzard:
    This basic area always remains in the same proportion.
    Understood. BUT - proportion is a factor of X, Y, and Z dimensions, right?

With endomorphs the section below the waist is larger than the section above the waist.
    Can you cite a source that describes these definitions? If you have earlier I apologize. Larger means what? Longer? Wider? Deeper?

With mesomorphs the section above the waist is larger than the section below the waist.
    Again, Larger means what? Longer? Wider? Deeper?

This figure is calculated along with height to determine the degree of ectomorphy.
    L * W * H * FIGURE_VALUE = Degree_Of_Ectomorphy?

Weight becomes significant as an indicator of somatotype usually in mid 20's to early 30's because a clear trend is evident.
    "Weight" is a misleading term. I am a bodybuilder, and if you consider my BMI alone, at 6'1" and 240 pounds I am considered obese. I'm not obese, I guarantee it. So, somehow weight must be fitted to accomodate the ratio of muscle to fat to bone if it is to be worth a damn in mweasuring anything so far as I can tell.

Most americans eat a bad diet. The american diet is especially bad for endomorphs. But they are lucky enough to get reminders about their diet from their weight.
    I'm sure Americans aren't the only people of the world with sub-optimal diets. Most people likely do not put an ideal amount of effort into optimizing their food intake, but we live in a very deemanding world, and people have the right to choose the foods they eat, no one metric makes sense for everyone. But I see your point if you are considering this from a sheerly clinical perspective.

Ectomorphs may keep their weight down on french fries and pizza but the inflamation, joint problems, migraines, high blood pressure, arterial plaque take their toll pretty much out of sight.
    Is there any qualified medical literature that associates ectomorphy with inflamation, joint problems, migraines, high blood pressure, and arterial plaque?

I'd be shocked if there were...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Ok, so if my torso is long, like, from the top of my shoulders to my waist is long, but from my waist to my crotch is short, that is a general indication that I'm a meso?
    I have the exact same question. I am "long waisted." I have the torso of a 6'4" man, and the legs of a 6'1" man. My shirt size is 18 neck, 36/37 sleeves. My pants need to be tailor made. I buy size 38 waist pants at length 32, and have to get the waist and seat toally re-cut to make it fit my "gorilla butt and quadricceps." I'm a mesomorph, but long waisted. There's no way I'm an ectomorph, or an endomorph. I am very confused at this point as to how to apply this theory.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Tilty Red: Not necessarily. It's not just the length it involves the area as it it can be determined on a photograph.

This photo shows the two areas that have to be considered. The top is the thoracic trunk and the bottom is the abdominal trunk.

You could take that photo and stretch it vertically and the person would look ectomorphic but the Trunk Index would be the same. Or you could squash the image and the Trunk Index would be the same because it is a ratio.

For example: Two men with the identical Trunk Index of 1.30 but different heights would be somatotyped as follows:

60 inches tall Endo 2.5 Meso 1.0 Ecto 4.0 86 pounds at age 30

66 inches tall Endo 4.0 Meso 2.5 Ecto 3.0 134 pounds at age 30

The system is fairly precise.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

Pitselah:

Without a photograph you probably are in the area of a Endo 2 Meso 2 Ecto 3.5

This would be close to the 3,3,5 area on the chart splitting you between INTP and INTJ and even possibly slightly ENTP
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Tilty Red: Not necessarily. It's not just the length it involves the area as it it can be determined on a photograph.

This photo shows the two areas that have to be considered. The top is the thoracic trunk and the bottom is the abdominal trunk.
    Right. My top part is long -- shirts are often too short. And people think I'm tall until I stand up. I can sit next to someone much taller than I am and we appear to be the same height, sitting.

The bottom part is just the opposite. I have to buy pants in Petite proportion because otherwise the waist will come up to my ribcage or the crotch will hang. Then I have to let the hems out, because my legs are closer to average (but still short compared to my torso).

MBTI
    ENFJ

Haphazzard:

Forget about fat for a minute. Fat and muscle comes and goes but it doesn't change the somatotype. Your anatomical waist doesn't change. It is a line that divides the trunk midway between the bottom of the rib cage and the top of the pelvis. The base of the trunk - is basically the bony structure generally referred to as "crotch". (Heh-Heh He said bony structure). The top of the trunk is defined by the point where the neck joins the trunk over to a point that bisects the arc of the shoulders.

This basic area always remains in the same proportion. With endomorphs the section below the waist is larger than the section above the waist. With mesomorphs the section above the waist is larger than the section below the waist.

This figure is calculated along with height to determine the degree of ectomorphy.

Weight becomes significant as an indicator of somatotype usually in mid 20's to early 30's because a clear trend is evident.

Most americans eat a bad diet. The american diet is especially bad for endomorphs. But they are lucky enough to get reminders about their diet from their weight. Ectomorphs may keep their weight down on french fries and pizza but the inflamation, joint problems, migraines, high blood pressure, arterial plaque take their toll pretty much out of sight.
    So if the top and the bottom of my trunk are exactly the same length (as they are on me) then...?

That must be the reason why I have no trouble finding clothes that fit -- I mean, except button up shirts
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    -- I mean, except button up shirts
    you have big titties? Great. I am sure all the girlz are jealous and all the boyz want to fuck you on forum. ()() <- 2 of 'em, representing the titties.

as for this:

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard
    Then naturally I must be a mesomorph because of my gigantic breasts.
    is this really meso trait or ? i mean, does breast size has anything to do with body type... because there are meso,endo and ectos with large breasts, ex. Angelina Jolie as ecto.
    Just checking wasnt following thread.

Keep on rockin' those big titties.

EDIT: You have pics requests, but ignore that, those arent boyz, more like married dudes, Gosh!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

5'10

I dont kno wmy measurements. I'm a guy, lol.