User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Still don't see any T. What have you got against F. Extreme endomorphs are targets for insults. There is no way someone is going to get in an argument with you without using the "F" word. And I don't mean the four letter F word. I can't help but think that to protect oneself an endomorph might develop the defensive stance of a thinking or ectomorphic type. But that would be one of those maladaptations that generate tension.

Once you are out of school in the real world you find a circle of true friends and can start to put your guard down.

I'm really out on a theoretical limb here and ready to fall off. But I would sincerely like to know what you discover about yourself by the time you reach 30.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

MBTI
    ENFJ

Umm. No.

Wait. Whenever I get sick I lose weight and I do not gain it back. If I continue on the route I've been going, by the time I'm 20 I could very well be the ENFJ you think I'm not. It's like I don't have an equilibrium. Does this mean that every time I get sick, I change personalities?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Still no T?
    It appears that if you're more Endo than Ecto you are a F, if you're the other way inclined you are a T, so you're flat outta luck in this chicken race!

I'd be in eFf territory myself by the looks of things. SF at that, I believe.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    It appears that if you're more Endo than Ecto you are a F, if you're the other way inclined you are a T, so you're flat outta luck in this chicken race!

I'd be in eFf territory myself by the looks of things. SF at that, I believe.
    So there's no such thing as a fat T?

Uh oh, I'd better go tell the engineering department...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post
    Angell M:

INFP's usually are higher in both endomorphy and ectomorphy with mesomorphy lower than either.
    For example 5,2,4 or 4,1.5,4

So tell me your height and weight age 20 and 30 (if you are that old).
    24 year old
    male
    178 centimeters
    can't go below 54 kilograms
    can't go above 62 kilograms

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    So there's no such thing as a fat T?

Uh oh, I'd better go tell the engineering department...
    Iunno, you'd have to ask psychdigg for his take on that. Has there ever been an overweight person who was more Ecto than Endo, what would that look like?

Trinity:

Overweight is a relative term. Some people are naturally heavy. Some people are naturally skinny. There is no ideal type. But there is an ideal weight for each type.

Here is an example of an overweight endomorphic ectomorph.

Endo 6.5 Meso 1.5 Ecto 7.0 7ft 1" male can get up to 345 pounds but should keep his weight to about 302 pounds.
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I understand that each type has a different makeup in terms of natural body type.

But would your average obese looking person by social standards be strongly Endo? Or could they be a way outta whack Ecto?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Iunno, you'd have to ask psychdigg for his take on that. Has there ever been an overweight person who was more Ecto than Endo, what would that look like?
    actually, until now - and perhaps i am off - i thought somatotype had a lot more to do with build than weight. like, you can have ecto, endo, and meso of all sizes, even though ectos generally tend to be skinnier, endos to be heavier, and mesos to be in between. my grandpa had a book about somatotype that i would peruse occasionally when i was at his house, and this is what i seem to remember...

• ecto is very straight and tends to have evenly-distributed long muscle fiber (aerobic/endurance body, like a marathoner's). their amount of muscle and fat tend to both be low, and it's relatively difficult for them to gain weight. when they're skinnier, they are very "stringy", and when fatter, they tend to get a paunch or belly, but still be lanky overall.
    • meso is thicker and more muscular, with short-twitch muscle fiber (anaerobic/intensity body, like a sprinter or weight lifter's). their amount of muscle is higher than their amount of fat, and they tend to maintain weight. when they're skinnier, they have really defined musculature, and when fatter, they have a very solid/chunky appearance. (i was a bit overweight for a while and can vouch for this one. i wasn't so much round as thick.)
    • endo is "softer", more curvy and fluid, with fairly even amounts of short- and long-twitch muscles (like a jazz dancer), and it's relatively easy for them to gain a little weight. they have more of an even layer of fat covering their muscle. when skinnier, they have a very lithe, slender appearance, and when heavier, they have a more rounded appearance.

not that i have much of any opinion on all of this, besides that body type is very much genetic, and weight may correlate with body type but it is heavily influenced by behavior. as for the correlation between MBTI type and somatotype... correlation perhaps, strong correlation probably not, and causation, no

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Sounds about right to me, at least that's how I understand them. I have an issue with assigning that to a type but without the MBTI connection I find it interesting to know about.