User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Any system that tells people that they must be the wrong type because they don't fit a specific body type goes against the whole concept of MBTI being a self typed system based on understanding self and MBTI. This is stepping into astrology territory!
    Besides the personal understanding aspects, there are social ones too! I don't think INTPs would accept me as one of their own. Since I've somehow, instinctually, unknowingly applied all of my intuitive, critical thinking skills into the realm of sensory and feeling areas in my life. I've INTP'ed myself into transforming as an ISFP! And brilliance like that just can not be appreciated.

Someone guide me back to my "true self". I want the happiness of knowing my true somatotype and the fellowship of my true types, the INTPs. I am John just playing the part of Paul.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6G7MkBMVxE]Get Back[/youtube]

It makes you wonder why John would ever want to do that though. What happened to me to unconsciously achieve this?

Walking Tourist:

Families can have all sorts of body types.
    Walking Tourist:

People in families tend to have similar body shapes, seeing that they share the same genes. They don't necessarily share the same personality. There are a lot of clashing personalities in families so...?
    It is not necessarily true that members of a family have similar body types. They can have different body types and because of that they have different personalities.

I'm a 4.5,4,3.5 ENFP
    Wife a 5,1.5,5 ISFP
    Oldest Daughter 4,2.5,5 INTP
    Oldest Son 4,4,4.5 ENTP
    Youngest Daughter 5,2,3.5 INFP
    Youngest Son 5,4,2 INFJ
    “Sheldon considers human beings as they really are - psycho-physical wholes.”

“the first serious advance of the science of man since Aristotle”

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”
    ___“Aldous Huxley/ A Biography” Sybille Bedford, 1974

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Any system that tells people that they must be the wrong type because they don't fit a specific body type goes against the whole concept of MBTI being a self typed system based on understanding self and MBTI. This is stepping into astrology territory!
    I think it was worth the learning experience. People get challenged, people start thinking for themselves. It's nice to hear outside ideas, even when they seem remarkably unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It seems to me that typing a personality by somatotype is about as accurate as saying that someone is pale because they don't like going outside. While that may be a factor, there may be others -- the person may not tan very well, may live in an unsunny climate or may be anemic, etc. And of course not all people who are not pale like going outside, either...
    This is one of the issues I have with Socionics theory that bases personality type on facial features. There's a minor correlation, perhaps, but you can't really derive much from it. There will be a few people who fit solidly within the body/face shape cliche, but the bulk of people typically will not; variety will abound.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    This is one of the issues I have with Socionics theory that bases personality type on facial features. There's a minor correlation, perhaps, but you can't really derive much from it. There will be a few people who fit solidly within the body/face shape cliche, but the bulk of people typically will not; variety will abound.
    Yeah well that's basically how VI-ing is approached. If someone strongly fits the typical visual appearance of a given type, that will be treated as a strong clue that he's actually of that type, provided that he doesn't possess completely conflicting traits. If he possesses a large percentage of non-physical traits connected to a given type, VI will likely be disregarded.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

KDude:

Ectomorphs (thinking types) are typically the ones who have the greatest difficulty adjusting to a new identity. Ectomorphs are preoccupied with themselves and tend to be egocentric and are very high in autonomy. They make an idol out of their chosen persona. They want to do everything themselves. There is this obsession with designing their personality the way they imagine it to be. The consequence is that they often are furthest from reality. Psychiatrist have recognized that schizophrenics lean toward ectomorphy.

If you find that your body is completely different from your "imagined" temperament you should probably consider it a gift. It means you have inadvertently done the work of individuation that Jung felt led to an integration of all your functions. However, all maladaptations have a price in wasted time and physical symptoms. Eventually, it is better to understand who you really are at your core.

What is your core? Is it your brain? Or is it the way the whole body is constituted.

“For the first time the old insights and intuitions about the different kinds of human beings have been clarified and put on a firmly objective and measurable basis.”

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post

If you find that your body is completely different from your "imagined" temperament you should probably consider it a gift. It means you have inadvertently done the work of individuation that Jung felt led to an integration of all your functions.
    I consider it a gift. I've done my work of individuation. Great, I don't need to be somato-potato-tomato-sized.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Psychdigg View Post
    KDude:

Ectomorphs (thinking types) are typically the ones who have the greatest difficulty adjusting to a new identity. Ectomorphs are preoccupied with themselves and tend to be egocentric and are very high in autonomy. They make an idol out of their chosen persona. They want to do everything themselves. There is this obsession with designing their personality the way they imagine it to be. The consequence is that they often are furthest from reality.
    Wow, you totally just described a Fi-dom (IxFP) enneagram 4 (albeit, not the most healthy one). That means KDude may just be perfectly correct about his own type, as am I
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Halfjillhalfjack:

Once again I have to begin this with a disclaimer. I can't know your actual somatotype without a proper somatotype photo. In some cases weight and height and age can come quite close. In your case:

You could be a Endo 5.5 Meso 3 Ecto 1.5 Balance 4.0

This would put you in the INFJ territory.

Your boyfriends situation is a little more ambiguous because his weight could be either from mesomorphy in which case he would be an ESFP or his weight could be from endomorphy which would be ENFP.

psychdig :

what am i - meso or endo?

at my most healthy and natural state:
    Female
    5'6"5
    128lbs
    38 - 26 - 37

my weight fluctates a lot.. so i am unsure am i meso or endo? i gain it equally everywhere. i gain muscules very easily, but also fat easily, but i gain significantly more muscules than most females.
    i also have hypothyreosis - endocrine metabolic diease so my easy-to-gain metabolism is probably caused by that too because it's major symptom of that disease.

Chloee:

You are a midrange body-type. Without a proper photo you could be one of two types.

Most likely: Endo: 4.5 Meso 2.5 Ecto 5.0 Balance 5.5
    Weight Pattern: 123@20 133@30 140@40 143@50
    This would put you in the INTP bordering on ENTP

The rarer type would make you a 4.5 or 5.0 Meso. In that case you would be extremely active in some sport. It would also put you right between ENTJ & ESTJ