• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Somatotype (Body-Type) and Personality

KDude

On another note, he did say something funny about INFPs/INTPs once.. that they're not exactly endo, meso, or ecto.. but made from "spare parts". lol

So maybe I am a hybrid after all. :p

He used Alicia Keys as an example of INFP. Lady X is not really that different. And I might be borderline F in his system.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's k. lol...

Any fewer posts/per page setting would just be useless cause there's no chance that I'd randomly go to page 6 of a 26 page thread... at least it's easier to scroll this way.
yeah cool...i might like that.

and kdude...hmm...i could see that...maybe i'm supposed to be an infp.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Not having carefully read anything about somatotypes or whoever, I resent the shit out of the guy who thinks INFPs are made from spare parts.

Everyone use your internet goggles and look at my body. My body is amazing. Give it a lick. It tastes just like raisins.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
On another note, he did say something funny about INFPs/INTPs once.. that they're not exactly endo, meso, or ecto.. but made from "spare parts". lol

So maybe I am a hybrid after all. :p

He used Alicia Keys as an example of INFP. Lady X is not really that different. And I might be borderline F in his system.

didn't we settle on ESTJ for you? :D

KDude

I wonder what Sinead O'Connor is in his system.. there aren't many celebrities I identify with as much as her, and she also looks like she could be an INFP made from spare parts. :cool:

didn't we settle on ESTJ for you? :D

I thought you said ENFJ? Either way, no. ;)

Psychdigg

Alexei:

fat people are all naturally introverted feelers and their primary strength should be to go back to their room and cry and stuff another jelly doughnut down their gullet.

Well that statement is surely loaded with feeling. You are completely misrepresenting anything I have said by attributing things to me that I never said. Fat is a component of the body. The media has made "fat" a dirty word. The appropriate term is heavy. Endomorphs and mesomorphs can both be heavy because those dimensions define the mass of the body. Some mistakenly think that Heavy = Obese. Obesity is when you are grossly OVER your normal weight. For instance Queen Latifah is about 200 pounds. That's probably an ideal weight for her.

Some endomorphs are extraverted, some are introverted and some are ambiverted. Since most people cluster in the middle (about 60-70%) on the introversion-extroversion scale we tend to lose sight that extroversion is a focus on the external world. Using Jungs dichotomous structure there is a tendency to think that extroversion is some socially explosive sales type. But, when adapting Myers-Briggs you are forced to interpret a slightly extroverted-ambivert as relatively introverted. It's the price you pay for thinking in dichotomies - losing the sense that things vary continuously by degree.

Your statement that the primary strength of the endomorph is to cry by himself and eat a lot of doughnuts sounds like a self-loathing endomorph. I would never ever say anything like that. Endomorphy is the somatotype of survival. There would be no humans if it weren't for endomorphs. People who were heavy were the ones that survived the concentrations camps. The feeling of endomorphs is the very foundation of civilization. It's what socializes us. Feeling is the most important function of any organism. Feeling provides the steam, enthusiasm that energizes the other functions.

Psychdigg

Lady X:

Need your weight at 20 and since you look under 25 whatever your current weight is.

If you are under 20 just give me your maximum weight at your current age.

Also need to know your height without shoes to the nearest 1/4 inch.

Your photo should work but it would be better if you didn't have your hips tossed to one side.

In the future I'm going to be posting some examples of the type of photo I need. I've researched somatotyping methods and have now found a way to determine a somatotype from a simple photograph where the person is wearing clothes that allow a determination of body outline. They also need to have their arms relaxed at their side and it should be a short sleeved top. You can erase the face with photo editing software if you want to make sure no one can identify the photo.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
What would this soccer player's somatotype be? (it's very similar to mine, both height weight and form)

MATTHAUS_L_19820414_GH_R.jpg

5DD636B948E6AB0BA35489297D37.jpg

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think its a very interesting theory.

As usual, people are complicating things way too much, in my opinion.

Rather than try to discredit the theory, I wish people would just report the facts about themselves, so we can see if there is correlation or not.

Oh well. I'll just have to wonder.

For the record, I'm an endomorph, and an ENFP, so its accurate in my case.

Psychdigg

Kdude:

Sinnead O'Connor 64.4 inches Trunk Index 1.55 Somatotype: 3.5,4.5,3.5 (6.5)

Endo 3.5 Meso 4.5 Ecto 3.5 Balance 6.5

Weight: 119@20 129@30 137@40 142@50

ENTJ

Dominant: Orientational Secondary: Muscular Tertiary: Visceral Shadow: Nervous

Working (muscular) for Change (orientational) AVOIDS boundary, convention status quo and limitations.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady X:

Need your weight at 20 and since you look under 25 whatever your current weight is.

If you are under 20 just give me your maximum weight at your current age.

Also need to know your height without shoes to the nearest 1/4 inch.

Your photo should work but it would be better if you didn't have your hips tossed to one side.

In the future I'm going to be posting some examples of the type of photo I need. I've researched somatotyping methods and have now found a way to determine a somatotype from a simple photograph where the person is wearing clothes that allow a determination of body outline. They also need to have their arms relaxed at their side and it should be a short sleeved top. You can erase the face with photo editing software if you want to make sure no one can identify the photo.

oh...well i''m 5'8" and in my early 20's i was around 120 lbs...i'm in my early 30's now and around 130 lbs.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well that statement is surely loaded with feeling.
That makes sense. I am a Feeler after all (see sig).

It was meant more as ridicule than anything else though. I know more superskinny hyper-depressed Fi types than you could possibly imagine.

Myself I think I'm an overweight ecto rather than endo though. if I was an endo I'd be a goddamn blimp at this point considering my dietary habits.

KDude

Kdude:

Sinnead O'Connor 64.4 inches Trunk Index 1.55 Somatotype: 3.5,4.5,3.5 (6.5)

Endo 3.5 Meso 4.5 Ecto 3.5 Balance 6.5

Weight: 119@20 129@30 137@40 142@50

ENTJ

Dominant: Orientational Secondary: Muscular Tertiary: Visceral Shadow: Nervous

Working (muscular) for Change (orientational) AVOIDS boundary, convention status quo and limitations.

It's an interesting typing to say the least.

Avoiding status quo is Fi. She's not exactly known for mobilizing the outside with Extraverted Thinking though (hence, why they get a rep for executive or managerial roles, officiating, things of that nature). It's one thing to push boundaries or categorize the world in a Te way (especially in someone leading with it, like ETJs), and another to push them in a Fi way, and I don't see the first.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
If anything, this highlights the effect that our personal appearances have on the way we're treated in life.

Psychdigg

Kdude: She is almost into ENTJ territory. Her thinking (ectomorphy) is balanced with feeling (endomorphy) and it seems that there is a hierarchy of dominance when two systms are equal: 1. endomorphy 2. mesomorphy 3. ectomorphy 4. balance. We are vegetables first, animated vegetables second (swimming and crawling vegetables) , intelligent animals third and homo sapiens (far seeing) last.

KDude

Well, perhaps you're right.. who knows.. I'll take wonkavision's advice and just discuss this in a bubble/on your own terms. She seems a lot more like a Fi type to me though. That all said, it'd be interesting to send you a better pic than I did (I remember from what you observed, you associated me with ecto and endo too, but more Ti.. which I have hard time seeing. I'm more Fi as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even that sure about anything else).

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Height about 5'11
Weight 140 lb (I seem to have lost a bit over the last year or two, it has gone back to what it was when I was around 20. I've never been more than 160 lb, or less than I am now since I was in my teens.)

Waist 30"

Mostly ectomorphic, with slight mesomorphic traits. I don't actually look that thin, and people are often surprised that I don't weigh more. I probably have broader shoulders than a lot of ectomorphs, and that combined with having rather a lot of hair makes me appear to have a relatively bulky upper body despite being rather fine-boned.

So what do you make of that? :huh:

Edit: drat, I got ecto and endo-morph mixed up! Fixed!

Psychdigg

Ragashree:

I really shouldn't be attempting to somatotype anyone without a photo. It should be a simple front photo showing your whole body wearing a short sleeve shirt and clothes that hug the body. No baggy clothing.