• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Somatotype (Body-Type) and Personality

G

garbage

No, his typology is a trainwreck. For one, it associates Fi dom with feminity and obesity to begin with. This is equivalent to a house with a foundation sculpted from a mound of shit. It seems that there was barely any thought put into it, so there isn't much reason to try to make it correlate with other systems.

My point's kind of the opposite, in that he (and others) are assuming that one's Somatotype is one's MBTI type. When.. in fact, they aren't one in the same. Thus, they're correlated much less than people believe that it "should" be.

I'd say.. one should evaluate this system in its own right (positively or negatively), given his definitions of types, dichotomies, and functions.

Otherwise, it's akin to evaluating Socionics based upon whether or not a Socionics test returns the same type as you've received with an MBTI test.

Haha, very good point!
That way we can all be right when we type people, one can say that Katty Perry is INTJ others ESTP... and we are all right. :smile: Isnt that great? ! jk

Wellll.. if you caveat those typings with "Okay, she's INTJ under x and ESTP under system y.. what do you think?" you actually have something to discuss.

Also.. I always thought that at some point, people should reach level when they have their own categories about other people, no need for MBTI, simply, you have wider deeper categories and more types, many wise people DO live like that and refuse to think in MBTI terms..which is next step in development, i think, but it's not denying mbti.

This has kind of been my thought too

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i wanna know what type i would be in this system. what do i have to tell ya?

Chloe

i wanna know what type i would be in this system. what do i have to tell ya?

boob size.:newwink:

:drool:

no, really,
height, weight, and i think weight when you were 20 and 30, maybe. but only way to tell for sure is with picture

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yeah, I don't get it, my somatotype keeps changing.

Then again I might have tapeworms. Tapeworms change your somatotype, right?

KDude

My point's kind of the opposite, in that he (and others) are assuming that one's Somatotype is one's MBTI type. When.. in fact, they aren't one in the same. Thus, they're correlated much less than people believe that it "should" be.

According to him, I would be INTP in his system.. which I don't exactly resemble under any stretch of the imagination (despite feeling that I am or come close to INFP.. or ISFP too..). All because I'm an ectomorph.

Their most definable trait is Ti. I know what Ti is, and notice it in many posters here.. I believe I have a limited use of it myself (which is not intentional.. like I'm dumbing myself down or something), and it wouldn't even be noticed from the outside, like in my speech or writing. So what's the point of even calling myself INTP? Perhaps it holds some other, vague definition in his typology, but.. well.. fair enough. I am an INTP in his system then. I am also a carrot. And a dog. And your grandma. The sky's the limit. If INTP has no relation to MBTI, then what's the point? I could just take any old label and apply it to myself, because none of these types seem to have any actual cognitive specialties or traits if they are that removed from Jung.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay...took a min but here's a recent pic and then one when i was like 23 or something...i'm in the red.

Chloe

^psychdigg typed bill gates as borderline ENTP/ENFP.. same like me..so!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cool...do i get to be intj or something? :D

KDude

Nah, INTJs are kinda buff or something.

You're an INTP. Welcome to the club :cool:

G

garbage

According to him, I would be INTP in his system.. which I don't exactly resemble under any stretch of the imagination (despite feeling that I am or come close to INFP). Their most definable trait is Ti. I know what Ti is, and notice it in many posters here.. I believe I have a limited use of it myself (which is not intentional.. like I'm dumbing myself down or something), and it wouldn't even be noticed from the outside, like in my speech or writing.

Granted. As Ti is defined, this is true.

So what's the point of even calling myself INTP? Perhaps it holds some other, vague definition in his typology, but.. well.. fair enough. I am an INTP in his system then. I am also a carrot. And a dog. And your grandma. The sky's the limit. If INTP has no relation to MBTI, then what's the point?

If the categories are very far removed from MBTI (which they seem to be), then they should be renamed to avoid confusion with that system. After all, Socionics' four-letter notation causes lots of confusion because people expect the same function and dichotomy definitions (though it's more closely related to MBTI than Somatotype is).

Now, assessing validity or merit of his system is the next step, after deconflating it from existing systems. I don't know enough about his system to evaluate it in that way.

If there's a typology system in which you label yourself as a dog or a grandma (lol), it may or may not be a useful way of categorizing yourself or other people. It.. probably isn't.

Then again.. you could call yourself a lion.. ;)

I could just take any old label and apply it to myself, because none of these types seem to have any actual cognitive specialties or traits if they are that removed from Jung.

This one's assuming that Jung was the end-all, be-all with respect to cognition and typing. Many people use the Enneagram or the Big Five, for example.

Really, I'd like for Psychdigg to be able to weigh in on this.

The only point I'm trying to hammer home is that the worth of his system shouldn't be tied to how well his types correlate with MBTI types. From there--I have no idea.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I can't read all 3 pages of this thread, can somebody tells me what this is supposed to mean about ENTJs?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't read all 3 pages of this thread, can somebody tells me what this is supposed to mean about ENTJs?

3? there's like 26 and me either.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right yeah thought of that after. didn't care to modify...how do you like that set up?

Chloe

this thread has 9 pages to me, i like it that way, 30 posts per page.. maybe i even increase to more..

JustHer said:

As you can see on the chart, ENTJs should be combination between mesomorphs and ectomorphs, but slightly more on meso side.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
right yeah thought of that after. didn't care to modify...how do you like that set up?

It's k. lol...

Any fewer posts/per page setting would just be useless cause there's no chance that I'd randomly go to page 6 of a 26 page thread... at least it's easier to scroll this way.