• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Somatotype (Body-Type) and Personality

Psychdigg

Haphazzard:

There's nothing wrong with those things, I'm just saying that I'm not any of them.

Let me get this clear. Are you saying that you aren't endomorphic or are you saying that your temperament is independent of your endomorphy?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Haphazzard:

Let me get this clear. Are you saying that you aren't endomorphic or are you saying that your temperament is independent of your endomorphy?

I'm saying my temperament does not fit what you're saying. At all. I am the most introverted person you will ever meet, and I'm anything but gentle and caring and considerate to others. If I'm supposed to be a "pillar of society," I feel really, really, really sorry for society.

And I may want to disagree with so much endomorphy because of my hormonal issues, though I think that is a bit besides the point.

Sunny Ghost

using this site as reference: Tracking, Vol. I, Chapter 4, i came up with 3-1-7 (endo-meso-ecto). i couldn't decide between some of the choices, because sometimes things are just situational. this ratio is funny, because i'm tall and fairly thin... but pudgy in the center and lacking muscularity everywhere.

my body never fit the socionics body description of an ISFP though. and actually, i don't know of any ISFP's that do. Sensory-Ethical Intratim - ISFp (The Peacemaker)

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
Angel M

Accuracy suffers without a proper photograph. But you are quite ectomorphic.

Endo 2.0 Meso 2.5 Endo 5.5

INTJ area

I don't have any naked pictures of myself, and I'm not about to take any either. My tests show INFx, with a final test that shows INFP. I can relate to everything that has to do with INFP, not INTJ.

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my body never fit the socionics body description of an ISFP though. and actually, i don't know of any ISFP's that do. Sensory-Ethical Intratim - ISFp (The Peacemaker)

hm, socionics. i don't really fit any of the socionics physical descriptions for my type either - actually the somatotyping psychdigg's done here is much closer. i'm also still really trying to figure out the socionics ENFp type name - "The Reporter". it's so... not ENFp-like, lol.

KDude

I kind of identify with the socionics istp a bit more than isfp. appearance wise, i mean. hell, almost everything but isfp. enfps, esfps, entps, infps. they all look like me :D

Psychdigg

Angell M:

Accidentally put down two measurements for Endo. It should have read Ecto 5.5 not Endo 5.5

Psychdigg

Chloee:

Based on the pictures (Private). You are Endo 4.5 Meso 3 Ecto 4.5 (Balance 6)

This assessment makes you a little less Endo, A little more Meso, A little less Ecto.

You would be near the 4,3,4 on the chart but a little more to the ENFP side but close to ENTP. So ENXP but most likely ENFP

Chloe

Chloee:

Based on the pictures (Private). You are Endo 4.5 Meso 3 Ecto 4.5 (Balance 6)

This assessment makes you a little less Endo, A little more Meso, A little less Ecto.

You would be near the 4,3,4 on the chart but a little more to the ENFP side but close to ENTP. So ENXP but most likely ENFP

haha, thank you! :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
According to the chart thingy Psydigg posted, I'd probably be an INFJ or an ENFP. Yet, I'm pretty confident I'm an INTP or less likely INTJ.

Body type has nothing to do with personality type. I know some extremely skinny endomorphs throughout the type table. Same could be said for endomorphs and mesomorphs and every combination thereof.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see what that has to do with cognitive function still. How does being an endomorph make you more likely to be a Feeling type? Feeling has nothing to do with interest in food, and interest in food does not correlate to body type. Again, that's simply a stereotype.

I think there is some correlation between personality type and weight/body type but to go as far as this method seems a bit preposterous.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So if the theory that all the new artificial estrogens circulating in the United States are helping people get fat is true, then the personality of the United States has fundamentally changed because of contaminants?

...neat.

Psychdigg

Haphazzard:

Forget about fat for a minute. Fat and muscle comes and goes but it doesn't change the somatotype. Your anatomical waist doesn't change. It is a line that divides the trunk midway between the bottom of the rib cage and the top of the pelvis. The base of the trunk - is basically the bony structure generally referred to as "crotch". (Heh-Heh He said bony structure). The top of the trunk is defined by the point where the neck joins the trunk over to a point that bisects the arc of the shoulders.

This basic area always remains in the same proportion. With endomorphs the section below the waist is larger than the section above the waist. With mesomorphs the section above the waist is larger than the section below the waist.

This figure is calculated along with height to determine the degree of ectomorphy.

Weight becomes significant as an indicator of somatotype usually in mid 20's to early 30's because a clear trend is evident.

Most americans eat a bad diet. The american diet is especially bad for endomorphs. But they are lucky enough to get reminders about their diet from their weight. Ectomorphs may keep their weight down on french fries and pizza but the inflamation, joint problems, migraines, high blood pressure, arterial plaque take their toll pretty much out of sight.

G

Glycerine

Psych,
I am 4' 11 83 lbs at age 20.
mesomorph w/ some ectomorph thrown in? I scored a 2.Just out of curiosity.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm in ENTP/INTJ territory. Interesting.

For people who think they're ectomorphs: You're only an ectomorph if you don't gain weight no matter HOW many calories you eat. If you gain weight after regularly eating 4000 calories a day, you're not actually an ectomorph.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Then naturally I must be a mesomorph because of my gigantic breasts.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I know, right?

Most women lose their boobs first when they lose weight, I haven't. They've stayed the same. It's awesome.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Any plans for the weekend yet ? I know that nice restaurant who make awesome pizza !