User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Compensate nothing, it's the whole "I have strong emotions" yeah buried in your boots under about a ton of calm frickin water! Swines!!!
    Why is that a bad thing? I didn't think INTP's preferred to interact with intensely emotional people?
    I find INTPs, ESTJs, ESTPs, ENTPs ...hell anyone, easier to read than an INFJ!
    Yes, but isn't that what makes us interesting?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200
    I didn't think INTP's preferred to interact with intensely emotional people?
    Emotional (with the connotation of neurotic).. no, but some INTPs appreciate sensitivity and emotional depth.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    *strolls in with more blatant yet maddeningly obscure ENFJ perving that forces you to compensate*
    Compensate for ENFJs? Nah. Just ride the wave
    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    A trip down to the imaginary la la land... Well if you phrase it that way, probably not, at least for the first little while. Then I don't care anymore... people can do whatever... would that be better, worse or the same as the existing situation? Not sure.
    Me thinks the pressure would change that response some. Plus the whole "running the world is your life" has to have some bearing. Besides yuz the brain right?
    Would you rather that "I have strong emotions" without the water? That'll be INFJs on the war path... I can just imagine that day when all of us do that... It'll be a sight.
    Hah! I fear no NF tirade.
    It's the NT tirade that scares the bejeebus out of me!
    Read us? Why don't you take the simplest route and ask us?
    Boring. Stop being so boring. Why are you so boring? Bored.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Why is that a bad thing? I didn't think INTP's preferred to interact with intensely emotional people?
    Nope. I dislike the intensely emotionally irrational kind. Intense emotion is like intense thought to me. It's all processing. I surround myself with emotional type. They add the technicolor to the world
    Yes, but isn't that what makes us interesting?
    Interesting? Error. Misuse of word.

Irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Emotional (with the connotation of neurotic).. no, but some INTPs appreciate sensitivity and emotional depth.
    Quite true. In fact I love the INFP deep mysticism, I love the ENFJ command and the ESFP throw caution to the wind. Balanced Fs are as much fun if not more so than balanced Ts. Something to do with feeling included. I have my FIRO-B scores and I'm sticking to them
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Nope. I dislike the intensely emotionally irrational kind. Intense emotion is like intense thought to me. It's all processing. I surround myself with emotional type. They add the technicolor to the world
    I guess there's a reason INTP's often seem to understand INFP's (at least in some ways) better than we can a lot of the time. Do you find us boring since our emotions don't seem as intense as other F's?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I guess there's a reason INTP's often seem to understand INFP's (at least in some ways) better than we can a lot of the time. Do you find us boring since our emotions don't seem as intense as other F's?
    Personally I come from an upfront family. I have upfront friends and value the straight up no nonsense honesty. I also treat obfuscation and excessive defence as a lack of honesty at worst and an irritation at best. The INFJ I know has known me for like 10 years, is my sisters ex (that happened in the middle of the ten years) and still I feel like grabbing a pick axe and taking it to his head. Why conceal everything? What on earth is worth all that effort?

I'm an honest and straight talking person, mostly. I do this in part to show my respect for others and in part so others can know what it is I need and want so they have a cat's chance in hell of accomplishing it. Those that do the opposite to this tend to read to me as disrespectful and also awkward as they still seem to want stuff and expect to get it (aside from the "tragic" ones) and yet do they tell you what it is that they want? Do they heck as like! That's just plain irritating in my book.

After further thought though I guess yes. I like interactive people and some just seem so cold and unresponsive that yes I do get bored and wander off.

How long would you poke someone in the ribs who screamed entertainingly as opposed to one who merely sat there and looked at you?

Actually that's how the ESFP got to be known to me as entertaining. She's the only person you can tickle without actually having to touch. Just look like you're going to tickle her.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Is there a way to duct tape Xander to a chair? *ponders with NF emotional intensity and depth*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't really care for actively socializing but I do it well. More than anything, I'm naturally quiet, serious, and thoughtful, but if I get the idea in my head that I should do something, then more often than not I go for it. There are a lot of things/behaviors that I do well that aren't really "natural" to me. It's not change, it's development. Self-actualizing. "Being all that you can be." Of course,

Where do you draw the line?
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    I don't really care for actively socializing but I do it well. More than anything, I'm naturally quiet, serious, and thoughtful, but if I get the idea in my head that I should do something, then more often than not I go for it. There are a lot of things/behaviors that I do well that aren't really "natural" to me. It's not change, it's development. Self-actualizing. "Being all that you can be." Of course,

Where do you draw the line?
    Line? What line? You Js and your lines!!!

I guess the "line" is drawn wherever you choose it to be. Unless you are some kind of science experiment then you're an individual and as such you get to draw it yourself. The only problem with that is within your own psychology and whether you're restricting yourself to your comfort zone with these "lines". It's often all to easy to claim that you can't do something and blame it on your type. All you're really doing is putting a name on a monster. That doesn't remove the fact that the monster is part of you.