User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Question Can INFJs be leaders?

My job means that I'm a leader but it definitely doesn't come naturally.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

They can be, but I think it depends on exactly what they're a leader of.

If it has something to do with people, (teaching, social work, etc.) this is often where they'll shine. They're good at getting into people's head and pushing them in the direction they need to go, which is a leader's job after all.

If it doesn't involve people... not so much. They'll probably spend so damn long thinking about what they have to do that nothing gets done. *laughs*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    INFJ

That pretty much sums me up - was a teacher and am now a principal. I can end up with long lists of things that need to be done, make a start on lots of them but then realise that something else needs to be done before I finish anything...

Enneagram
    CFV

I'm not a leader in most situations, but I've noticed one where I become a leader.
    When I'm in a musical band, I normally grab the reigns by the hands and shape the music into the way I want it to sound. If people try to change something I added or subtracted from the music I get very passive aggressive and almost just want to leave the situation.

I'm very invested in my music and if someone doesn't like it I feel as if it's a direct assault on myself as a person rather than just the music

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I believe they generally make excellent leaders, if not the most macro natural leadership type. Leadership seems to call for goal-oriented people(Ni) and socially able people(Fe).

Enneagram
    CFV

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I believe they generally make excellent leaders, if not the most macro natural leadership type. Leadership seems to call for goal-oriented people(Ni) and socially able people(Fe).

Could you explain what you mean by "macro natural leadership type"?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    Could you explain what you mean by "macro natural leadership type"?
    The more macro[socially] you get, the more thinking that is required. (e.g. president, prime minister, politics etc.) [also the more "N" is required]

If you were a sergeant, however, more action is required than thinking. Therefore, a type with Dominant Je would generally be more suitable for the job as they prefer Je'ing more than Pi'ing.

While INFJ's may be introverts, the introversion positively improves the depth of their ideas. Ni Dom and Fe Aux is preferred in macro-leadership. [though perhaps Ti is also required.]

MBTI
    ISTP

INFJs make great leaders.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I've ran for several leadership positions in school organizations, and while I didn't get voted as the head of the group (president, etc.), I had a smaller leadership position. Mostly it had something to do with the creative presentation/PR of a group, such as being the webmaster and editor of the group's newsletter. Also was student counsil representative for many years.

On the web, I'm an admin for several forums. Also being a teacher is a leader, which is the career path I have chosen. I've also ran event planning for one of the summer jobs I had.

If there's a competent leader that is doing well in working towards a vision of positive change for the group, then I will support them. But if there's a lack of leadership in an area, I'll take over.

I like leading others, just when others aren't motivated to pursue a common goal, it can be frustrating for me. I suppose I sit on the sidelines cos I'm usually afraid of putting my ideas out in the open if they aren't approached well by others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Of course INFJs can be leaders.

Their leadership style will be different than other MBTI types, but leadership style varies from person to person on a number of different levels anyway.

Anyone who believes in themselves, believes in what they are doing, and has the will to project their beliefs into the world around them has great potential to be a leader.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro