User Tag List

123 Last

your resident asshole

Default Why do most people on the internet just happen to be N's?

I think most people just don't have a clue. :/ Neither do I, but that's not the point... >.>

Other opinions?

Glycerine

Hit it right on the money, I might be a S for all I really know. Also, S's tend to engage their environments more rather than staying on the internet for hours.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The Internet represents an abstraction to a large degree. Most early adopters of like technologies would also seem to be disproportionately Ns. Once the technology has been sussed out and mainstreamed, the Ss begin to participate more. But that's just an observation - not certain if any research has indicated otherwise???
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Most Ss are too busy irl to spend as much time in the Internet. They however are coming more and more as the lines between Internet/irl become less clear.

Ns and particular NTs have the advantage of initially coming to net and incorporating their own culture deeply within it. Ns have, in the words of ,Nathan Bedford Forrest , have come to the Internet the "firstest with the mostest".
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    The Internet represents an abstraction to a large degree. Most early adopters of like technologies would also seem to be disproportionately Ns. Once the technology has been sussed out and mainstreamed, the Ss begin to participate more. But that's just an observation - not certain if any research has indicated otherwise???
    I downloaded and installed Slackware Linux in 1995. Before there were polished brands, before many I knew even had the net.

I also played MUDs and Ultima Online. Before shit like WoW blew up.

I'm probably N. If that's a good criteria and all that.

MBTI
    INTJ

The confirmed S's I know use the internet for practical purposes. One checks news and sports scores. One gets ideas for home decor and only goes to those sites. Another keeps up with skin care and beauty products. They seem to use the internet as an information resource where it applies to their daily interests but not as a communication tool (so there's less of them on discussion forums; they're seen less).

So it's not that S's don't use the internet and N's do, but the way they use it can be type-dependent.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    While this may be true, the internet is not a new thing. Every day the amount of internet users grows and the internet becomes more and more a part of society. I really doubt that there are as many intuitives on the internet as there seem to be. Now, I do believe that there are more introverts on the internet than extraverts, but it seems that there are way too many people calling themselves intuitives out there.

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    The confirmed S's I know use the internet for practical purposes. One checks news and sports scores. One gets ideas for home decor and only goes to those sites. Another keeps up with skin care and beauty products. They seem to use the internet as an information resource where it applies to their daily interests but not as a communication tool (so there's less of them on discussion forums; they're seen less).

So it's not that S's don't use the internet and N's do, but the way they use it can be type-dependent.
    I know SP's who waste time on facebook But I know people like you're mentioning above as well. I've gotten a few to test at least, and they were SJs.

MBTI
    INTP

All of my friends online and most in RL are N's. I think it's really interesting.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I challenge your premise. I don't think most people on the internet are Ns, I think it's quite the opposite actually.

If you had said forums, we might have the start of a rationale, but even there I would disagree.
    -end of thread-