User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 85

  1. #21
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    I think both S's and N's use it equally, but I think N's like to use it for intellectual purposes and S's tend to use it for multimedia purposes like music, games n such.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's not really a S hater / N elitist thing. It's that the more abstract and removed from reality the subject matter is, the less Ss tend to have an interest in it. It's a preference.
    So Salvador Dali (ISFP) doesn't understand abstract? what about Captain (ESFP) Kirk?
    What about all those S's involved in finance? Not hardcore finance, but abstract finance, people who make millions on conceptual money and projections?

    That S's are not attracted to theory and abstract is just silly.. ISFP's alone blow that one right out of the water.

    And finally, WE USE ALL 8 FUNCTIONS REGARDLESS OF PREFERENCE!!! So just because someone is an S doesn't mean they wont have some N tendencies and thus be attracted to N type things.. Just like some N's I know, love hiking,drinking, good food, cycling and fucking.

  3. #23
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    *cough* It's an estimation, a guess---a speculation to serve as substitute for vague data. The origin of the idea is "more N than S but S will still be significant".
    What I'm asking is where is the rationale, if it's just speculation.

    If we say that there are far more Ss than Ns in the general population, you have to have a reason for saying there are actually more people who are Ns on the internet.

    I bet you 99%+ of people younger than 30 (and quite a few older) are "on the internet" regularly. You'll have to be more specific about where you're finding the imbalance. If you say MBTI forums, that would be debatable. The whole internet? That's less likely. How can you comment about the places you don't frequent? Perhaps Ns tend to go to the same places on the internet, and that's why you seem to think there are mostly Ns there...because you're all attracted to the same sites.

    Pretty much all the Ss in my life except me are addicted to youbtube, for example.
    -end of thread-

  4. #24
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    What makes sense would be the internet is dominated by Introverts.
    This
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

  5. #25
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    So Salvador Dali (ISFP) doesn't understand abstract? what about Captain (ESFP) Kirk?
    What about all those S's involved in finance? Not hardcore finance, but abstract finance, people who make millions on conceptual money and projections?

    That S's are not attracted to theory and abstract is just silly.. ISFP's alone blow that one right out of the water.

    And finally, WE USE ALL 8 FUNCTIONS REGARDLESS OF PREFERENCE!!! So just because someone is an S doesn't mean they wont have some N tendencies and thus be attracted to N type things.. Just like some N's I know, love hiking,drinking, good food, cycling and fucking.
    Captain Kurt doesn't understand abstract.

    It's not an all or nothing thing, these are just trends we're talking about.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Abstract Thinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Okay, this is a little off topic, but I'll have a go...

    I agree completely with what Arclight said above. I don't think it has as much to do with what a person does or produces IRL, as much as what lens they look through when they peer from the inside out.

    My "N" is the strongest of my preferences (but not by far - I'm NOT balanced), and here's how I can verbalize what it's like for me:

    When I look out into the world, I see the surreal and abstract first. I look at a building and I see how I felt the last time I was there. Or I can be in a club or any other public place, and I see what the mood is in the room. Then I notice what's actually there.

    I have to purposefully look past my immediate "vision" to see what's actually happening around me. It's like I see my imagination first, a little blurry maybe, but it's always in the foreground.

    I imagine (I actually have no idea), but I imagine that for S types, it's the other way around... they see the real world in the foreground, and then their imagined world in the background.

    Now that having been said, I can focus on whichever "world" I want to with equal skill, and I do fine with day-to-day things. I imagine it's like that for everybody, N and S alike. So when it comes to artistic output or interpretation, all one has to do is focus on that which they need to.

    Make sense?

    That's just how I can put it into words.

  7. #27
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I intuit that clubs suck so much ass that i don't even go anymore.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Captain Kurt doesn't understand abstract.

    It's not an all or nothing thing, these are just trends we're talking about.
    Kirk is a Method actor. Understanding the abstract is the key to his performance.

  9. #29
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I bet there are a lot of ISFx on the Internet because there are a hell of a lot of ISFx writers I've noticed....I would think that people with more of a penchant for expressing themselves in writing would spend more time on-line, whether S or N...Also, I'm sure there are plenty of Ss who chat with people on-line all day or get on social networking sites.

    There are a bunch of people who mistype themselves as N. I would think, however, that ESxx and also ENxJ would be less prevalent on the the Internet because of extroversion rather than N or S.

  10. #30
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    What I'm asking is where is the rationale, if it's just speculation.

    If we say that there are far more Ss than Ns in the general population, you have to have a reason for saying there are actually more people who are Ns on the internet.

    I bet you 99%+ of people younger than 30 (and quite a few older) are "on the internet" regularly. You'll have to be more specific about where you're finding the imbalance. If you say MBTI forums, that would be debatable. The whole internet? That's less likely. How can you comment about the places you don't frequent? Perhaps Ns tend to go to the same places on the internet, and that's why you seem to think there are mostly Ns there...because you're all attracted to the same sites.

    Pretty much all the Ss in my life except me are addicted to youbtube, for example.
    I guess you have to ask, "What is so "N" about the internet?"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 07:55 AM
  2. Why do most people believe you can't change your type?
    By Zeego in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-08-2016, 08:49 AM
  3. Why do some people on this forum seem to dislike MBTI?
    By sofmarhof in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-19-2015, 08:43 PM
  4. Typing people on the internet
    By Evan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO