User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    The ones we have.
    You'd think self-evident answers would be self-evident, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    You'd think self-evident answers would be self-evident, eh?
    Apparently not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

this is just the type of threads that people start when they're fishing for reasons to feel "special" :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    this is just the type of threads that people start when they're fishing for reasons to feel "special" :rolli:
    I don't grasp your meaning or reasoning. I thought it was an interesting concept and since natural selection tends to predispose creatures to certain advantageous traits, I thought perhaps people would have ideas whether this relates to MBTI and, if so, how.

Surely, however, this thread will rank among my greatest accomplishments and my name will never be forgotten until the ending of history.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

not in that way... like when people want validation that their creativity, mental flexibility and abilities are the wave of the future and that eventually ALL humans will realize their greatness

I've seen that attitude expressed in a lot of threads that start with "what type...?"- but then again, I've been around for a while
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Exactly. Its because you feel almost like a split personality. You have those testosterone moments where you actually feel like being "a man"...and surprise surprise, you end up doing things like the ESTP suggested all along! Its almost like INFJ Males have an animus (male shadow) than a female shadow as jung claimed all males have.

Just think of having to survive in harsh wilderness. Warring tribes who fight over food, mates, and yet are able to leverage "brotherly love" at the same time in order to survive better as a "tribe". Its right up ESTP alley! Way more so than even ESFJ males.

Any time your male instincts tell you to just "cave man it", you're having one of those testosterone moments. Surprise surprise, you then act like an immature ESTP who just takes what he wants...because he's an extroverted "doer".

Ur assuming they are just "gender stereotypes". Im more of the opinion that they are that way for a reason. Our species evolved a meme culture that evolves as well. The culture didnt just come for no reason. Theres a reason why male stereotypes coincide with "cavemaning it" and "immature ESTPing it". You're just mad that often your "higher brain" goes against what ur "lower brain" tells you to do!

I have the same issues (as an ENFJ male).
    I actually do not feel as though I have a split personality. I also do not have these "testosterone moments" you speak of. When I mean I clash with "stereotypical ESTPs" I really mean that, we are unable to see eye to eye at all; this inability to see eye to eye is only further consolidated by me being asexual and all of them that I have met being heterosexual. I notice that a lot of guys tend to have a brotherhood mentality but I do not. I in no way see why I should believe in some universal brotherhood nor act like it- my fealty lies towards some people- parents,siblings,family,and true friends- and a lot of concepts and values. I know I irk people with that sometimes and even seem antisocial, but I am not going to feign a connection with someone nor delude myself into believing that there is one just to adhere to some banal cultural norm that I view as unreasonable and ,in some applications of it, the very cause of prejudice.

I know I neither can "survive" in the wilderness nor would like to even try. I am pretty much more of an observer than a participant, an astronomer not an astronaut. Cultural memes do not necessarily affect everyone in a manner that causes them to behave a certain way. You have to take into consideration how someone was brought up. Memes can be altered or even supplanted from culture. While I disagree with some of the more "solipsistic" elements of existentialism, I do agree with it for the most part, including that in many cases people think and behave a certain way because they choose to behave in such a way. I mad because I consider many "caveman" traits to be immoral and unjustifiable- recklessness and behaving like a reprobate when you ought to be a mature adult has NO excuse as far as I am concerned
    The MBTI is a tool to help you on your self discovery. It nor any other the label can ever hope to describe you, because you are are unique and special, we all are. Any comments made regarding a group of people should be considered to be general and not ubiquitous; and no one should lose of sight of that. . Do not stereotype other people or yourself for that matter, but generalise if you must when a general example or pattern is required. And if you took the time to read this thank you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

If we generalize ----> xxxx

Since the evolution is about the survival of the fittest.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

Since the evolution is about the survival of the fittest fit enough.
    You don't have to be the perfect type to survive long enough to get laid and have kids.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

Since the evolution is about the survival of the fittest.
    So which type breeds most prolifically?

Which type was Genghis Khan?

MBTI
    eNXP
    Enneagram
    7+4 sx/sp

ENTJ fits our society well (heard somewhere that they make the most money and yadda yadda) but I think for the sole purpose of having alot of sex leading to alot of kids that have alot of sex in their turn... in our society I think ESTP would win. But of course, if EXXP lack of caution/follow-up took over society, the XXXJs maintaining a working society would prolly gain leading to a balance (hopefully).
    Last edited by Elemental Chaos; 07-16-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Why not?
    Ennea:7w8sx/so (?)
    Big5:SCUEI
    Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(11)%

So apparently I might be epileptic. Thanks brain, keep malfunctioning. I didn't think it could be that bad seeing starfalls in bookshelves. I just thought I was psychotic.