• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

9 Q's of your opposite type!

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Tell me what you think of it! Just switch all your MBTI type code letters to the opposite and you'll have it. If you are unsure of your MBTI code, answer according to the MBTI type that seems least you..*

So, you've figured your opposite type. What you think of them?

Do you feel that type is shrouded in mystery?

What strikes as the oddest thing in them?

Can you begin to understand what their life is about?

Do you think it's a more or less commonly understood type than yours?

What kind of societies or groups these people participate in?

Do you see those types a lot?

How do you act around them?

What would you think they think of you?

*)you can answer with a template if your wish, for example ESXX! Of course, this makes the least sense if your type is XXXX..

ygolo

My termites win
My opposite type is ESFJ. I like them, I almost married one.

Yes. A bit. I think that is part of the draw.

The time spent in socializing with pleasantries.

Somewhat.

Couldn't really tell. As individuals they are probably fairly well understood by the people in their life. As a type (being an S, and the already mentioned biases against S's), probably not that well understood.

Ours.

No.

Like I do with most people.

Not much. Like most people.

(I like the fact that you individually bolded each question, it makes for easy formatting.)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to pick ESFJ, because I don't know any ENFJs, and the SJ mindset seems most foreign to me anyway.

They're fun and very generous, very warm and loving people. And I offend them very easily somehow. Right now though after arguing for a week straight over how details should be organized I can't stand to look at them temporarily.

No.

That they're offended by the most random, illogical things!

I don't think I can begin to understand what any other person's life is about.

On a pure type basis, probably about the same. As a female ISTP I suppose I am a little less commonly understood.

Same as me really. Sports, that's about it.

I live with two of them, actually.

Currently avoiding, usually fairly normal, we're friends and all. We argue a lot though, and I have to tread lightly to avoid hurting feelings (although somehow it still happens sometimes). We share a tendency to want to organize things in very specific ways, so we butt heads a lot when we disagree on things.

-offensive
-antisocial
-bitchy
-selfish
-lazy
-argumentative
-etc, etc..I'm sure I could go on, but I think that's enough...(also I think any type could say that about me)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well those .. ISFJ.. ooh! I didn't think about ISFJ before writing this questionaire.. now I'm paying for it.. two ISFJ I know, I've been on the border on whether it's been good to know them or not, but yes it's been good. Too much controversy with them to begin to describe them with few sentences.

I did think so about the other. The other was completely predictable. Oh, you mean other ISFJ than just two persons? Sorry, my mind is now totally fixed on 1 notorious and 1 nice ISFJ I know.. I can't think of the type past those persons atm..
Their infuriatingly/cutely flawed logic. They just invent whatever damn they feel like inventing and put a word like "fact" or "logic" in the sentence.. I mean, what are these people doing analyzing anything?
Yes, they sacrifice much of their time to help others. So supposedly I don't.. which is true. I think they're big on reading the society's expectations.
Uh, I think it's some kind of a "mother" type, extremely plain public persona, something that anyone can get into. They're the Givers. Well, perhaps some kind of a zealous fanatic, if given the "right" education.
Uh, something that does good for people, or something very mundane and usual, I don't think they mind being in some of the most usual professions on earth. I think they're valued for their hard working, and they can be most hated or loved in their community, because they seem to choose their tasks without consideration to many outside views .. They do their work hard, whether it was the correct work to do, or not.
No, I tend to be oblivious to that type wherever they are.
I take my mindset of mundane, usual things that people of the community are interested about.
They've told much the same things about me as anyone, so I guess they think the same. But still, they've been afraid that I don't approve them. They also see I go by a different rulebook, tho it works out just ok. They also pay the most attention of any personality type I've ever met to some personal quirks I do.. in an offensive way, in my opinion. They think of me as intelligent, bold, capable, risky, clumsy, random, and at times laughable.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
My type is IXFJ, so my opposite would be EXTP.

ENTP. Love them. They're interesting, fun, lively and irreverent.
ESTP. I know nothing about them. I don't know any.

ENTP. No.
ESTP. Theoretically, no. [smile.]

ENTP. They can't tell time. [smile.]
ESTP. ??

ENTP. Challenge, fun, words.
ESTP. ??

ENTP. On this forum, more commonly understood.
ESTP. No idea.

ENTP. This forum, MENSA, grad school, sci fi book groups, LARP, politics.
ESTP. ??

ENTP. I know at least two well.
ESTP. No.

ENTP. I laugh a lot.
ESTP. I'm not around them.

ENTP. She's appealing, responsible, helpful, organized and likes to laugh.
ESTP. Too shy for me. [smile.]

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've had good and bad times with both great ISFJ's I've known, I hate that I got in a bitter and bad mood when remembering one of the two. I'll re-do my answers when I've calmed down.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ

INFP- I found them intense, engaging, creative.

Not particularly, they are very open with their feelings and emotions, although certain actions I found confusing. They also have an odd ability to attempt to become detached and uncaring when they are hurt, but warm and affectionate when they are loved and cared for.

I found it is best to be straightforward and logical with them, as I think INFPs don't respond to emotional threats and psychological manipulation unless they are sexually turned on by it. (don't ask...)

They want to be appreciated for who they are and not compared to us ESTJs who might lead more "conventional" lives.

Objectively speaking, I think we ESTJs are more often misunderstood. Our motives always have some sort of "symbolic" motive when oftentimes, we are being looked at through a macro lens- and the whole picture of who we are is overlooked and replaced with general stereotypes.

Most likely the INFP probably is drawn towards music and writing.

I don't, but my sister (ENTJ) knows quite a few of them.

Very carefully. Once they verbalize what they perceive as aggressive or hurtful behavior, I take care not to repeat it. I've also noticed that they can sometimes be sensitive towards objective commentary- which they think is uncaring, and unfeeling.

Probably arrogant arseholes, lol. But most of the time the INFP doesn't really recognize a true ESTJ, and if they do, they probably often mistake us for an INTP/ISTP.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't think I can begin to understand what any other person's life is about.
You're being too modest :)
-offensive
-antisocial
-bitchy
-selfish
-lazy
-argumentative
-etc, etc..I'm sure I could go on, but I think that's enough...(also I think any type could say that about me)
But don't you get a stronger version when you think of someone completely different? :D

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I love this thread, and I sincerely love the fact that I wrote a huge paragraph about my opposite, then deleted it, because I felt bad posting it.

:(

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

My opposite type is ESTP and I think I like them. Whatever is one and she seems nice enough.

Absolutely not. Whenever I become overstressed, emotionally frustrated, or inebriated, then I switch into an ESTP frame of mind. Of course, I make a huge idiot of myself and feel very embarrassed later, but I understand how they think very well.

The impulsiveness. I find it extremely difficult to let go, and often regret it for a very long time when I do. They seem able to live in the moment almost constantly without having to focus too much on the meaning behind their action.

Getting the most of out of life and not sweating the small stuff.

I think its a bit easier to understand their type. INFJs are seen as mysterious because they are so rare.

Bars and clubs. :D

Nope. I don't go where they usually congregate. In fact, I often hide from the type because they can make me feel silly or stupid for the way I behave.

I hide in a corner and hope they don't see me.

That I think too much, that I need to relax, and that I'm weak.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
My opposite type is ESFJ. I think they are social and responsible, and in my experience are able to see some things in black and white, that I am more inclined to see things in shades of grey.

No.

There's nothing particuarly odd about the ESFJs that I know.

Sometimes, but I am not particuarly interested in thinking about it too much.

I think ESFJs are more common than INTPs (no I don't have any statistics, it is an assumption), so I a going to assume that they are more understood in that there are more of them around for people to be used to.

No idea.

I see two ESFJs at work every day. They have taken the MBTI test and have self validated as ESFJs.

I try and look more occupied when they are close in case they want to have a conversation, but on the whole I am the same person, no matter what type I am around.

The two ESFJs that I know have told me that I appear:
- Scattered and disorganised
- Toughminded
- Abrupt
- Antisocial
- Emotionless (that is courtesy of my mother-in-law who I strongly suspect is an ESFJ)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Tell me what you think of it! Just switch all your MBTI type code letters to the opposite and you'll have it. If you are unsure of your MBTI code, answer according to the MBTI type that seems least you..*

*)you can answer with a template if your wish, for example ESXX! Of course, this makes the least sense if your type is XXXX..
Beware.
Santtu is a domestic Finnish cat.
He plays with the mice before he catches them.
Alas we wildcats cannot afford such luxury.

It is the viewer who shifts position.
The function order stays put.
In effect: If I am an INTP I have an ESFJ function order.

What do I think of the ESFJs?
They are warm, caring, nice people all along.

I entered the middle high school in 1957.
One day Hugo (our class supervisor) said we are allowed to borrow books from the school library.

I was the first child to enter the school library.
The librarian was a girl of 14.
I had never seen a person more engaged, more friendly.

Later in life I have met other ESFJs.
With them I may have run into problems.
A natural thing.

What they think of me is of little account.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

ESTP. They seem reckless, loud, and a bit too competitive. But they also seem to be nice, clever people who don't hurt others intentionally.

No, in fact I feel that they deal their cards out plainly. That's actually what's most perplexing about them to me... they don't seem to have another side or much more to their personality than what they display when you first meet them. They're very WYSIWYG, I guess.

That they regret doing something stupid or mean very soon after they do it, but don't manage to think ahead enough not to do it in the first place. Also, that they thrive on rather than avoid risks.

Actually, yes. It seems to be about trying to experience everything life has to offer and pushing the boundaries in order to learn their own limits.

Depends on what point in life you're at. In high school, they're probably more understood by the typical teenager. Maybe this even continues up till they're out of college. But after that, I think most people begin moving towards more long-term thinking behaviors and see the limitations/dangers of that kind of mindset. So earlier in life, they're more understood. Later in life, we are.

Probably extreme sports, bars, dangerous jobs.

Not really.

A little intimidated and nervous if I don't trust them. If I do, I just reticently and cautiously go along with them if they're not doing anything dangerous, ready to chime in with ideas or observations at the exact moment I think they need to hear them.

They'd probably think I was a nice, trustworthy person. Perhaps a little boring, formal, cautious, inhibited, and tense. Also probably a little jealous of my foresight and abstract perceptions.

lazyhappy

They're alright... i guess...

not really... the only esfj i met thinks about school only and stuff related to school... not alot of mystery...

They can actually like me when i believe the complete oppisite of them... and how they can just want to meet strangers is quite strange for me... (i don't feel special with esfjs' *pout*)

i think...: school... tests... homework... friends... family...
maybe more but... i don't know

not to sound concited but, more... i guess... if you look at the myers briggs in stereotype...

but you never know... she (my esfj friend) could actually be much more deep and express herself less... but i think the ES' makes a person more understood then a IN' for I' is known not to share much and N' gives abstract thought to someone...

band, and every freaking school activity <_<

I've met one that i know for sure is a ESFJ... but there could be more around me...

awkward... like usual... but once i get to know them, i show myself more and... no. i'm still awkward...

i don't know... i think my esfj likes me... but she probabley finds me annoying when i fight about the bible and say how stupid it is... i know i would be if i were her... but she is... weird (really nice) so you never know

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJs: Surprisingly, not too different from me.

Still, somewhat.

They get mad at people for weird reasons. T_T

Plans and schedules and little details. xD

More, I suppose. I don't think ENFPs are THAT complicated though. Just remember we're all a big mess inside. :)

Ones that intersect locations where they can carry out their chores, ones where they live out their hobbies (usually ones that include little details).

Population wise, rarely. During my day-to-day...yes. I have a few in my life.

They act like agitated parents towards me. I am their failure of a child. :)

I'm lazy and never on time for things and exude SO LITTLE EFFORT, but somehow things always work out for me (due to luck...probably).

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

ISFP. At first, I think they are rather pleasant. It's kind of hard to have a conversation with them though. They are pretty live and let live and not very talkative.

It's funny what one letter can do, because I find it so easy to relate to ISFJ's.

No.

Sometimes I wonder if they are not completely alogical ;)

Drinking, painting, food, sex, buying clothers, being with friends...

Well, I think that since they are so private about their thoughts/feelings/opinions they must be a great deal misunderstood.

I'm more vocal but it doesn't necessarily help because the content is NT flavored. Which means that people all tend to think they really know me when they often don't at all.

Secret orgies and wine tasting groups :party2:

Not really.

I just act silly and make jokes, which they seem to enjoy. But I don't have actual conversations with them. They're good to get drunk with.:D

They think I'm competent, smart, funny and an all round cool guy. They also think it's funny how I think logically about things, and that I pinpoint things to them that they would never have thought about.

But we are generally very different and it's difficult to connect on a "deeper" level.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
My opposite type is the ESFP type. I love intelligent ones, hate stupid ones. They can be a bit prone to shallowness. Thing is, EP types tend give a lot of themselves, and if they are great, they give a lot of great stuff, but if they are stupid and shallow, they give lots of that. Often you will get love/hate-relationships to people of these types then, and it makes them harder to ignore than other people.

No.

I don't really find much odd about them, not as a group anyway, but certainly individuals.

Sure, because of my vast imagination. That being said, what their lives is about is as much an individual thing as a type thing.

They are more commonly understood, because they are extroverted and far more widespread.

They generally love parties and to have a good time. They tend to be very active people.

My best friend is an ESFP, which is cool, because she is a genius.

If they are stupid I ignore them, if they are intelligent, I laugh to their stories.

Unintelligent ones think I am supercilious, intelligent ones mostly like me, I think. I think they might find me a bit mysterious.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm an ENFJ, so my opposite is ISTP. I'll do my best not to generalize. I can only go on what I've personally experienced.

I've always gotten along with them really well (the guys at least, as I've never met a female ISTP, to my knowledge?). I'm never sure what it is exactly that I do or say that just clicks with them (or vice versa) but we wind up grouping together and getting into trouble. Most of the ISTPs I wind up around are punks like me. Usually what kicks the door open is my clothes or a remark about the Clash or something and then it's on like gangbusters. :D I've been told by a few that they find me weirdly sane and an open escape from their way of thinking when they want it. We've gone to art museums and debated over the art, and pointed at the same piece and gotten something entirely different from it, which is fun, especially when you can understand the other person's differing perspective. They've helped me like abstractions more. We laugh at the same stuff. We both value intelligence and competence and the pleasantly unexpected.

No.

I would certainly love to know what it is that makes them seem so fearless.

I won't say I know what it's like in their heads, but I will say they aren't a mystery to me. I get what they're after. But I will assert here that ISTPs in general are pretty complicated people and a lot of what goes on remains submerged so you're only seeing what they're mostly consciously allowing you to see (with occasional departures into showing what they can't help, which is reserved for friends they're sure won't betray them...). I think part of what makes an ISTP what they are is the ability and choice to change or take a different path when the impulse strikes. Impeding that would be very very bad. Betraying them (or what they take for betrayal) is a huge mistake as they don't seem to have a defense against it from their loved ones. You can really hurt them.

I think most of the world sees ISTPs as bad mofos. There's more to them than that. But yes, I think they're better understood than ENFJs because, well, just look at James Bond/Daniel Craig. Russell Crowe. Val Kilmer. I'd say the type is well-represented.

The ones I've known have liked to haunt political arenas, car clubs, hockey venues, realms of higher learning where mastery or virtuosity was the key.

I certainly used to.

Generally? Very at ease. Weirdly at ease, in fact. They don't scare me or intimidate me or make me feel like I have to act a certain way. I *do* get the impression that I'm being gnawed at sometimes, like a shark testing a surf board to see if it's food or just fiberglass, but I've never failed that particular test before, so I just let them poke and prod and squeeze the Charmin until they're sure I'm what I say I am. If the ISTP and I are mutually attracted to each other, that leads into another arena. I've been chased around a kitchen island by one at a party and it's serious, dude. lol That's when ISTPs (and ISFPs for that matter) seem to have no brakes whatsoever and they aren't worried about it. :D If they like you, THEY LIKE YOU. I stayed one step ahead of him all night so I'd leave the party with my pants on.

My ISTP best friend, no matter what was going on or who I was dating, ALWAYS had the seat next to me. That was HIS SEAT. Anyone taking his seat got a blistering look from me. He had his spot by me and that's because he never forced his opinions on me or treated me like a burden. He's one of two men in my entire life who's ever seen me without make-up on. I trusted him that much. He was the type to get up in the middle of the night and drive an a hour out of his way if I needed him, and never act like it was a problem. It truly wasn't a problem. He wanted to be there for me. He really kept me sane in some ugly ugly times. And I looked after him too.

I wouldn't ask. I tend to think I'm the weak link there. I don't think an ISTP would be the type to bother with someone they didn't like, so I guess that's something? They certainly seem to "get" me pretty much right away. It's eerie. I've been told that I'm humanizing, and one told me that I was comforting to have around because I could be trusted and because I cared about people so much. The ISTPs that I wind up with have also expressed a real affinity for my edginess and my particular brand of humor or curiosity about everything, but I dunno -- I've never asked one what they thought of me. They'd probably think that was a daft question to ask.