User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

1. ISFP, if I'm accurately typed. I admire them. Coolheaded, especially the technical ones. The older and less foolhardy they become, the more likely I will place them in key positions. They bottle up frustration, go erubescent and explode -- but helplessly. No malice. Keirsey's right when he says that this type competes with ESFPs in terms of friendliness.

2. I don't. They're extremely lucid.

3. Their simple humor. Their eccentric but amusing tastes.

4. Yes, but it's often so straightforward that I actually can't concentrate on it for long.

5. No, and if individuals of this type specialize and excel in a trade, they are much more highly valued -- and, really, justifiably so.

6. The most typical associations within a culture or subculture. I've found every one in a design field, be it fashion, print or aviation.

7. Publicly, probably quite often. But their softness, especially that in men of this type, isn't immediately apparent.

8. Without any changes in behavior, though gravity lessens when they're around.

9. Many times more intense, more confrontational, more complicated; potentially aggressive and sometimes overbearing; but, helpfully, usefully directive and competent.

MBTI
    ENTP

also, if I may, I'd reccomend that to get beyond shadow-denying self-rightiousness, people think of the 'opposite type' in terms of behaviors in themselves that were unconsciously motivated and unnessicary. I'll start.
    So when I was 15 I went to chamber music camp (I play violin), and there was this ESTP (perfectly decent kid) who ended up going out with a girl that I had a crush on. I ended up obsessing over this, and secretly dispising this ESTP, and justifying it by hating his confidence (so he was a little full of himself, who really cares). I actually fantasized about ways to ruin thier relationship (thank god I never acted on that) and railed about him to anyone who would listen, and I spent most of the time brooding about this shit.
    What a shithead (me), right?

I promise I don't do that shit to ESTPs anymore.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    although this thread is probably not constructive at all, you should all at least remember that: the 'opposite' type is not the one with all the opposite letters, but the one with the same 1st and last letter, and opposite middle letters (ex. ENTP and ESFP)
    With that definition of opposite. I provided my own definition in the OP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

ESFJ

So, you've figured your opposite type. What you think of them?

I think they're malleable and flammable at best.

Do you feel that type is shrouded in mystery?

No I find they're shrouded in bubble wrap. Whenever I find them, they're covered with the stuff. I think they do it for safety reasons but it just doesn't seem worth it.

What strikes as the oddest thing in them?

Apart from the bubble wrap, they have webbed feet, giant vulture like shoulders and eighteen eyeballs.

Can you begin to understand what their life is about?

Yep. They live for desk lamps and car exhausts if I'm not mistaken.

Do you think it's a more or less commonly understood type than yours?

I pick option C.

What kind of societies or groups these people participate in?

Strange baby-devouring cults.

Do you see those types a lot?

Only in my very worst nightmares.

How do you act around them?

Like a Frenchman who's lost his bicycle. It completely throws them off guard so as I can make my escape.

What would you think they think of you?

They'd think I was a fine upstanding young gentleman with large tracks of land at my disposal and you know what? They wouldn't be far wrong.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Tell me what you think of it! Just switch all your MBTI type code letters to the opposite and you'll have it. If you are unsure of your MBTI code, answer according to the MBTI type that seems least you..*

*)you can answer with a template if your wish, for example ESXX! Of course, this makes the least sense if your type is XXXX..
    I see. So what I wrote belongs in another thread. That's fine with me (and there is another thread now)
    sorry.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    I see. So what I wrote belongs in another thread. That's fine with me (and there is another thread now)
    sorry.
    Np, I'm actually interested to know how one would determine the most "opposite", of different "opposites" and how they would be different.

I didn't actually initially give much thought about different opposites. I don't want to confuse anything, but I remember thinking about this in my youth. What's the opposite of an elevator? Opposite how? According to what function, view, aspect of perspective? Something that moves material along a different axis? Something that doesn't move anything at all? Obviously we are doing worthless guessing here unless the purpose of the question isn't known.

Applied to MBTI and this thread's subject - how is such a type different that is formed by switching all the letters? What does it mean? Is this a useful concept, or are there more useful similar concepts available?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Ancient thread revival!

I don't know very many of them, but based on what little information I have, I'd say that they're confusing and sometimes frustrating but generally well-meaning.
    Sort of? Though there are other types that I find more mysterious/confusing than INFPs (like ESFPs).
    They're like dreamy little kids sometimes.
    Um... cultivating one's imagination and inner world? Being unique and creative and dreaming the impossible dream? I dunno.
    In the real world, less. On TypeC, MUCH MUCH MORE.
    I'll bet it depends as much as it does with ESTJs. You can find ESTJs everywhere, doing pretty much anything, and considering the unlikely career choices of the INFPs I know, I guess they're like ESTJs in that regard.
    Nope. I only know one or two. I know LOTS of INFJs, though.
    The same way I act around everyone else. I try to be cordial/nice to each person I come across, and INFPs are no exception. One difference, though, is that I have to tiptoe around particular topics with INFPs, because when I try to use reason against something they believe, they'll get stressed and agitated while, at the same time, ignoring everything I said. And I'd rather not get into an unnecessary confrontation.
    I think they like me okay.
    Last edited by EJCC; 06-29-2010 at 12:20 AM.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP

Cool thread idea, thanks for reviving

So my opposite should be the ISFJ.

I don't know real ISFJs, but then again, I don't know the type of most of my friends.
    I think it's a very nice type. I've created a fiction character "to be my opposite" way before I knew of MBTI - and he's an ISFJ indeed. He was a challenging character to write, but then again he was rewarding too. I'm very proud of this one. He's brave, complex, just everything you wish for an important character.

No, not really. Looking at the opposite pole is very interesting to see the differences. It helps to understand the own type. The more I understand ENTP, the more I understand ISFJ and vice versa.
    I've got more difficulties understanding the neighbours - especially ENTJ and ESTP. I haven't created any ENTJ or ESTP character yet.

Huh? You're mistaken. It's the ENTPs who are odd.

Yes. It's an "easier" goal. To understand, not to achieve. I've high respect for my opposite type.

I don't know. We are the open and outspoken ones, but I guess people won't see past our bragging and bantering, the 'cool' outside.
    I think ISFJs would be seen as quiet, rather boring people. The everybody's neighbour, the lady at the baker's, the physician, the wife of your friend. Also in fiction (where I get most of my typology knowledge) they are the sidekicks, the loyal friends, the background people who support the story rather than carrying it.
    Of course, this image doesn't have to be true. I've begun a story with an ISFJ main character, but abandoned that one because of a lack of plot. The character lingers in my head, though... maybe he'll get out again some day. Most of my stories have to grow that way.

No idea. I guess you'll find them everywhere.

Again, I don't know. Don't know the types of most people.

?!?
    The usual way I guess?

I can see them sighing and shaking their heads when we'd rush ahead with all our ideas.
    I can also see myself going back to them after a failure, seeking some comfort.

Edit. And know I'm going to look whether some ISFJ said something about ENTPs.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Not sure if know any ENTJs, but they seem to be even bigger "doers" than me, except in a wider reaching, achievement, hand over fist kind of way.

Probably. It's lonely at the top. Plus, they're like literally wearing something shrouded, sitting on high thrones in darkly lit areas. That doesn't exactly help.

That they actually mean well.

Probably rich, I guess. Thrones or hottubs, I think.

Not really. ISFPs don't communicate as much, so that balances out the rarity of ENTJ.

Illuminati, Majestic 12, Skull and Bones

Nope.

Haven't met any yet

As someone who can appreciate a nice hottub.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm and ENFP my opposite is ISTJ

So, you've figured your opposite type. What you think of them? ISTJ aaaahhhh they are the bane of my existence. I have been surrounded by them my whole life. My step-dad, my younger brother, my mother-in law, my brother-in-law, and the church crowd. I also start acting like one in times of stress. I don't get along well with ISTJ's in authority, but I do with ISTJ male peers. I never fully open up to them, I've never met one who came close to understanding me.

Do you feel that type is shrouded in mystery?no

What strikes as the oddest thing in them? that people aren't as important as activities and stuff.

Can you begin to understand what their life is about? yes, but they can't seem to understand what my life is about.

Do you think it's a more or less commonly understood type than yours? Definitely more

What kind of societies or groups these people participate in? Church leaders! People in authority. Military. Everywhere!

Do you see those types a lot? Yes

How do you act around them? It depends. They can draw out my rebellious nature at time, other times I just keep myself a bit more closed up since they have trouble with my ENFPness

Childish, dreamer, lazy, unrealistic, wordly, rebellious, restless, asks too many questions, thinks for herself, difficult, argumentative, contrary, inconvenient, vain, messy, won't hurry up, proud, overly confident, and the one good thing, that they might all say is intelligent.

*)you can answer with a template if your wish, for example ESXX! Of course, this makes the least sense if your type is XXXX..
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------