User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

So, you've figured your opposite type. What you think of them?
    I think INFPs are pretty awesome, even if kind of shrouded in mystery.

Do you feel that type is shrouded in mystery?

Ha! Yeah. They're pretty self-contained and reserved unless they trust you. Even then, they're self-contained and reserved compared to some of us.

What strikes as the oddest thing in them?

Their ability to fantasize/enjoy fantasy/escape from the real world. I'm not good at that and don't really care to be. I have no idea what it's like to have a whole other world in my head.

Can you begin to understand what their life is about?
    Altruism, idealism, Making A Difference, optimism, nurturing, sensitivity.

Do you think it's a more or less commonly understood type than yours?

I think that they are more misunderstood by the world at large, but that my type is more misunderstood by people who are interested in Type.

What kind of societies or groups these people participate in?
    I'd say social-justice-related or service-type groups.

Do you see those types a lot?
    I know a couple of them; they're much less common than EXTX types are, I think.

How do you act around them?
    Carefully and respectfully at first; more comfortably and relaxed later (when they no longer find me intimidating )

What would you think they think of you?

You know, I have no idea. I know what individual INFPs think of me, but I have no idea what the group consensus would be (if INFPs make such things )

MBTI
    eNFP

So, you've figured your opposite type. What you think of them? My opposite type is ISTJ. In theory I am somewhat intimidated by xSTJs, but in reality each person is different and so much more than their MBTI type, so I could probably happily get along with a lot of them.

Do you feel that type is shrouded in mystery? To me? Not really shrouded in mystery, though I'm sure there are a lot of things about living in this world as an ISTJ that are so foreign to me that I wouldn't even know about them unless they were explained to me, and wouldn't ever fully understand since I'm not an ISTJ myself. They do seem pretty different from me, but not in a very mysterious way.

What strikes as the oddest thing in them? I don't know if anything about them strikes me as particularly odd, but I don't really understand all the emphasis on scheduling.

Can you begin to understand what their life is about? Sure.

Do you think it's a more or less commonly understood type than yours? That's a good question. I think they are probably more commonly understood than ENFPs, since there are apparently more of them, and because many SJ traits are very highly valued in our culture here. But the fact that they are introverts may make them harder for some people to understand.

What kind of societies or groups these people participate in? The military.

Do you see those types a lot? I don't know, since I don't know most people's types. But if they are a type with a high percentage in the population, then I probably see them around.

How do you act around them? Slightly intimidated.

What would you think they think of you? I am probably shrouded in mystery.

autumn

MBTI
    infp

ESTJ, my dad.

Not really... not a whole lot anyway.

His attitude about work. You got to do it, and you got to do it NOW. It seems cold

Work, family, so called "piller of community". My dad is like that too the max, he works really hard (lawyer), he is always telling his kids to get their work done, and he is a leader in his social circles (partner at law firm, president of the board of directors at country club).

More understood for sure.

Well... my dad is in the lawyer's society of Ontario or something like that, and he is a huge golf fanatic and very active at the local golf and country club.

I see my dad almost every day... I'm not sure about other ESTJ's.

Like myself.

Well my dad seems to think fairly well of me, but he also seems to have a slightly different idea of who I am than I actually am, in that he sometimes acts like I'm how he wants me to be, rather than how I actually am (i.e. "lets go golfing, you love golf " "No I don't, I don't want to golf")

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    You know, I have no idea. I know what individual INFPs think of me, but I have no idea what the group consensus would be (if INFPs make such things )

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    [What would you think they think of you?[/B]

I like your kitty, I know that much.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by heykitten View Post
    Is that the group consensus?

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I like your kitty, I know that much.
    Heh, not really mine. I found him on livejournal. Besides, I'm allergic.

heart on fire

Just kidding... My brother-in-law is one, ESTJ. He seems dependable, hard working, practical, hard nosed on outside with softer heart underneath. He can be a bit overbearing and then later he might be apologetic about it. Very action orientated.

I don't totally understand him. Nor does he understand me, but he seems to think he does. He seems to find me both lacking and irritating.

Need to be sexually harassing to women and then gets offended if you avoid him because of it.

Work, family, tangible success,

More understood for sure and more valued by society as a whole.

traditional ones

I seem to, but know few well.

Closed off many times. Hard to find common ground. They have tendency try to invade too early, make assumptions and run with them. They also try to "push" me into some action they feel is imperative and that is guaranteed to turn my blood cold. They don't understand that I need time to warm up to communication and that getting too personal too fast or being crude with me is just going to shut me right down.

I seem to tick many of them off right off the bat, without opening my mouth at all.

MBTI
    ENTP

INFP=ESTJ

Interestingly, my best childhood friend happens to be an ESTJ. Probably not a strong one, but then again neither am I a strong INFP. What I like about them is that they are outgoing, and determined. What I don't like about them is that they can be extremely rigid, and attempt to make everything fit their agenda.

No, not at all. Really black and white to me, but perhaps there is more to it than I believe.

Their unwillingness to see things from a different light.

Yes in some ways, but to an INFP it seems unfulfilling.

A far more commonly understood type. I'm sure there is something beneath the surface but it doesn't show itself often.

Mine, Yours, any corporate building. Go getters is probably the best description I can come up with for the ESTJ. I'd prefer to reflect a bit first.

Yes. They are quite common.

More T-like. More Extraverted. I guess as an INFP I attempt to try to understand them by adopting some of their mannerisms.

Irrational, Immature, Awkward and Indecisive.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Bwahaha thread necromancy ftw.

I promised to write a better description of my opposite type, the ISFJ, when I had gained distance to them ( which I now have).
    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Tell me what you think of it! Just switch all your MBTI type code letters to the opposite and you'll have it. If you are unsure of your MBTI code, answer according to the MBTI type that seems least you..*
    They're hard-working, idealistic people who work for the good of the society on a basic level. They go for service orientated jobs and genuinely enjoy doing service.

I still think that "mother" figure is well understood. But in closer discussions with them, there's a difficult battle of will and faith to stay protective, nurturing and caring. So I think they're deeper than they appear, and they might be easily taken for granted.

I'm curious where they get their strong ideals from. They're not subject to study, re-evaluation or anything like that. They just decide their thing is some kind of service, and it sticks. I can't understand the extent of dedication they do.

Uhh, helping, protecting, being a part of community by being valuable, steady and adhering to social standards.

Less, they're taken for granted.

They're the pillars of society. No I'm not saying I'm useless to society, just that I'm not a pillar So, they're behind the scenes mostly everywhere, but rather visible, as they take an active role in participating in what they do. They don't steal the spotlight, tho.

A little.

I try to get deeper with them than just realizing them providing me with something. I try to get into their psyche. I try to be appreciative of what they do, supportive.

Immoral, smart, a rogue, renegade, antihero, capable, con man, player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

although this thread is probably not constructive at all, you should all at least remember that: the 'opposite' type is not the one with all the opposite letters, but the one with the same 1st and last letter, and opposite middle letters (ex. ENTP and ESFP)