User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default ESTPs!

So, you've figured your opposite type. What you think of them?
    E S T P I am very uncomfortable around them, feeling out of my league when communicating with them. I have known three, two are related to me.

Do you feel that type is shrouded in mystery?
    I feel like I can't relate to their world. They do things I would never do.

I have seen them in action variously as master manipulators, often using people, absolutely able to persuade an eskimo to buy ice. Also they can say anything to anyone and not care how the other person will take it--if they think it, they have to say it.

What strikes as the oddest thing in them?
    Insensitivity to other people, refusal to be corrected or recognize mistakes.

Can you begin to understand what their life is about?
    I think their lives are about enjoying the good things of life, by whatever means possible, and getting LOTS of attention.

Do you think it's a more or less commonly understood type than yours?
    I don't understand them, but since there are more SPs out there than NFs, I am guessing that most people understand this type better than Idealists.

What kind of societies or groups these people participate in?
    Any. Every.

Do you see those types a lot?
    I don't see many people at all, to be truthful, but I am related closely to two of them.

How do you act around them?
    Nervous, extra quiet, and I try to hide from them.

What would you think they think of you?
    Rigidly moralistic, a hard worker, shy, nerdy, confused.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Default ISTJs again

[QUOTE]

ISTJs, I view them as reliable, detail-oriented, stable people. It's hard for me to have a really satisfying conversation with them, as I'm not terribly interested in details & they usually don't follow my tangents.

Do you feel that type is shrouded in mystery? No, not really. I admire their follow-through & wish I had the drive to get things done they naturally have.

What strikes as the oddest thing in them? The valuing of details, & the tendency to work and not make it playful, that play & work are so walled off from each other. When do they relax? And when they do, it seems like they view it as a "task" on their to-do list!

Can you begin to understand what their life is about? I think so, it just doesn't hold appeal to me, because I often don't share their "typical" interests. I do admire their hard work & diligence though.

More commonly understood, there are more of them & SJ qualities are highly valued in our culture in most work environments.

What kind of societies or groups these people participate in? Many of them are in accounting professions & admin assistants. Hobbies vary, & that's where I would connect with them.

Do you see those types a lot? No, not socially very much.

How do you act around them? Polite & I'll talk to them, but I've never felt a "kindred soul" connection with them.

What would you think they think of you? Flaky, dreamy, impractical, scattered. I feel like they can't see or value my skills or interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Or, are they their groups, and we're the visitors?
    Either way. They seem to be the hosts in most of the get together's I attend, though.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Beware.
    Santtu is a domestic Finnish cat.
    He plays with the mice before he catches them.
    Alas we wildcats cannot afford such luxury.
    I'm wondering about that one myself... So Santtu, why do you want to know?

ESTP? ummm I suppose they must be fun people... I know of ESFP, but not really of ESTP.

No... just different from myself... very very different.

I can imagine, but chances are I'll get it all wrong... therefore probably not.

Not sure... they say INXJs are rare... but what does that mean really?

Sports etc I suppose... don't really know or interaction with ESTPs myself.

No

Myself? I'm guessing more Ti ish...

*shrugs* like every other person? Either they like my randomness or they think I'm weird.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I adore INFJs! I had a very close INFJ friend while growing up and we were pretty much a nice team of good and evil- she being the good one!

I'm in awe of them, but I've never felt that anything was really shrouded in mystery :sad:

That they can beleive in things so strongly! it makes my jaw drop!!!

Hers seemed to be to live consistantly with her beleifs- which amazed me- I'm not sure if that applies to every INFJ, but many that I've met have seemed similar in that aspect!

I'm not sure- it would totally depend on the social setting!

ooh- she belonged to things like the honors society, science club and liked to go to church and do charity work! I'd assume that other INFJs may have similar interests?

not frequently enough

the same as I always do! maybe a little calmer I guess- toned down a bit- don't want to scare the bejeezus out of them!

probably that I'm loud, obnoxious and shallow - but at least quite a bit of fun! I generally hope that they realize that I don't have a malicious bone in my body, but I'm not sure that they do! :sad:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I'm wondering about that one myself... So Santtu, why do you want to know?
    I remembered some type interaction chart, where certain kind of relationships were proposed for two people with particular MBTI code combinations.

People with opposite code to you are titled "anima", and those differing on the N/S dichotomy are named "neighbours" on this chart, for example.

I wanted to empirically test what kind of responses I would get for certain "MBTI type relationship". Opposite type seemed best to start, as I don't believe in this type relationship theory yet!

I think this study would increase our understanding of types, and this angle hasn't been covered yet.

I'm enjoying equally to find patterns and some outstanding elements that break the pattern

Then, I thought that many people in here share opposite types with each other, giving chance for discussion between the people.

We've had great responses too, and I'm enjoying the answers we've had. Is there anything you've learned from the responses?

I have! I'm seeing that some types are consistently seen as more understandable, regardless of whether they or their opposites are doing the evaluation. Other aspects of behavior are also better exposed when seen from both views. There are already some pairs of responses where people are evaluating each other's type. Don't you get the feeling that you've learned something when you compare them with each other?

Which reminds you, I have to redo my ISFJ evaluation. It's a disgrace because of some bad feelings, but I've had a day of time now and I can recall better things to say now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

ESFP

A great person to be around! After a day of hardcore thinking and analyzing (which I enjoy more than anything), they're often people who can help me relax and discuss something light-hearted instead of gloomy politics.

Somewhat. I haven't research much on them yet.

They enjoy being around people so much...

Yes. My life is about that as well I guess I have some hidden ESFP qualities.

As mine is one of the most misunderstood types, I'd say they are more commonly understood.

I envisioned partying (the 'good' kind), surfing and travelling a lot Some ESFP's enlighten me?

I do see my father a lot. And my best friend.

I'm quite silly around them. My ESFP friends are actually the only people I'd let down my 'guard' and facade to (mostly because they're my closest friends) without feeling like an utter child and embarassed by what I did. Sometimes it's nice to let off some of my INTJ 'intensity' and 'seriousness'.

That would be for an ESFP to say.
    I: 78% N: 88% T: 66% J: 44%
    Enneagram: The Reformer/The Investigator
    Global 5:RCOEI

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Santtu:

I see where you're coming from. I've looked at those relationships... while some of them seem to make sense intuitively to me, others seemed a little forced. So I've tried to derive an "approach to life" relationship web theoretically rather than empirically... I didn't get very far in it though. Too much erasing/taking the whole structure down. old chart I made changes but didn't correct it on that chart. But you get the point.

We've had great responses too, and I'm enjoying the answers we've had. Is there anything you've learned from the responses?
    Well... empirically testing seems to reflect what I derived intuitively. Opposite types... looking at it from a positive light are animus from each other. The ones we have the least understanding on because they're so different from who we are ourselves. However we can learn a lot from them, the use of our inferior function for example. The flip side of the coin though, differences can lead to negative interactions.

I'm seeing that some types are consistently seen as more understandable, regardless of whether they or their opposites are doing the evaluation.
    That one I did not see. Care to explain in greater details of what you observed?

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    That one I did not see. Care to explain in greater details of what you observed?
    I must have been sloppy, answers don't seem to indicate that when examined. I made a list:

ESFJ: individually more, as a type less understood.
    ESFJ: about the same, but female ISTP is less understood.
    ESFJ: more understood
    ESFJ: more understood

ISFJ: well understood
    ENTP: on forum, well understood

INFP: more understood

ESTP: more understood
    ESTP: more understood when young, less when old
    ESTP: more understood
    ESTP: dunno
    INFJ: depends

ISFP: less understood

ISTP: more understood

ISTJ: more understood
    ISTJ: more understood

ESFP: more understood
    ESFP: more understood

so.. mostly everyone is seeing other people more understood than them. This is interesting in another way; when people think they've figured out the essence of other people, they stop searching for me. In reality, there is more to most people's inner life than it appears.
    This, put together, makes opposite types both people think they've understood the other person adequately, while making themselves feel inadequately understood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

so.. mostly everyone is seeing other people more understood than them. This is interesting in another way; when people think they've figured out the essence of other people, they stop searching for me. In reality, there is more to most people's inner life than it appears.
    This, put together, makes opposite types both people think they've understood the other person adequately, while making themselves feel inadequately understood.
    It's not really that interesting, the sample is way too biased. What you can read into it is that N types think og themselves as less understood than S types, and I think it is true they are.