• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes each type "weird" to you?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP – enormous energy, potentially flexible morality, being strictly practical
ESFP – tendency to be “OMG PARTY PARTY PARTY” all the time…not just some of the time…and flakiness
ISTP – immense drive to do things like climb killer mountains, which might seem crazy to other types (but in a way I find this more fascinating than weird), immense capacity for detachment from others
ISFP – sometimes having a personality which seems somehow undistinctive, but for it all to come out in some amazing artistic expression

ESTJ – potential for immense self-righteousness and “always right” syndrome, not understanding where feelings come into play in “right or wrong”
ESFJ – as someone else mentioned, capacity to be incredibly kind and caring one moment, and the next, to steamroll others’ feelings, have temper tantrums and hold petty grudges (I lived with an ESFJ for a year, this all applied)
ISTJ – ability to remember minutest facts and to be much more interesting than one would expect!
ISFJ – I’m not sure I find anything about this type weird. I pretty much love them! I might say something like “lack of interest in anything abstract” but I don’t really believe in that generalisation. One of my best friends is (almost certainly) an ISFJ but with quite a strong “N”. We somehow manage to have conversations which are both abstract and practical. But actually, I might mention something like "to me, excessive interest in mundane details, like 'Today Sharon at the office spilled her coffee, and I'm getting my carpet replaced this week, and I had these kinds of boring problems finding someone to do the carpet replacement...' etc"

ENTP – capacity to argue for hours about ridiculous things and find it all terribly amusing, even when the other person ultimately gets really upset
ENTJ – really not sure…not sure I’ve come across any…
INTJ – sometimes, a serious lack of social skills and often not understanding why this is a problem
INTP – tendency to tune in/tune out at moments that you completely don’t expect it, to notice and remember very weird things, etc

ENFP – being totally focused on you one moment, then forgetting your existence and becoming completely enamoured of the next person they see (this is kind of a thing for me generally with ExxP actually)
ENFJ – getting wounded like INFJs can, but in a strange, outward manner
INFP – being like a vague version of INFJ
INFJ – being so unbelievably emo sometimes. (I know I’m one! but as INFJs go I seem to be fairly close to ISFJ, which probably explains why I like “emo” less and less as I get older. I can be patient with it with friends, and with myself to a certain extent, but I get a bit fed up eventually.)

These are all generalisations. There is good in every type and every type can have good people. I think sometimes we forget that every type is necessary...as others have said, imagine a world of only SPs, or only NTs, or even just only S or only N...would never work!!

KDude

ISFP – sometimes having a personality which seems somehow undistinctive, but for it all to come out in some amazing artistic expression

yeah, i kind of noticed there was an impression like that. it sucks to have to live up to it. i can read it around here a lot too.. like i'm getting written off before dialogue even begins sometimes. "oh great, another person who already thinks they know me and how "un-unique" my type is." haha... anyways, i don't know what started it.. i get the idea there's a lot of dull people testing as ISFPs for some reason, and doing a bad part of sending out that vibe. there was another site i was on, where someone started a thread asking isfps to describe themselves. almost EVERY one of them said.. "uh...i guess i'm normal." and the thread maker was trying to get them to say more..but it didn't go anywhere. sigh

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah, i kind of noticed there was an impression like that. it sucks to have to live up to it. i can read it around here a lot too.. like i'm getting written off before dialogue even begins sometimes. "oh great, another person who already thinks they know me and how "un-unique" my type is." haha... anyways, i don't know what started it.. i get the idea there's a lot of dull people testing as ISFPs for some reason, and doing a bad part of sending out that vibe. there was another site i was on, where someone started a thread asking isfps to describe themselves. almost EVERY one of them said.. "uh...i guess i'm normal." and the thread maker was trying to get them to say more..but it didn't go anywhere. sigh

This might be all stereotyping, but it just seems as though many artistic people - many of whom may be ISFPs or INFPs - don't come across as having very defined personalities, being terribly interesting to talk to, etc. Or, to put it in a more positive light, they are just very self-effacing. Then you discover that they have some extraordinary creative talent and it puts them in a whole new light to you.

I don't think being a scintillating conversationalist is everything! No one should write anyone else off quickly. Some people take longer than others to get to know or to show their "interesting" side but sometimes those can be the most rewarding friendships. And I'm not sure I've ever in my life met someone who was just dull, full stop. (I'm sure many of you will disagree with me on that.)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
This might be all stereotyping, but it just seems as though many artistic people - many of whom may be ISFPs or INFPs - don't come across as having very defined personalities, being terribly interesting to talk to, etc. Or, to put it in a more positive light, they are just very self-effacing. Then you discover that they have some extraordinary creative talent and it puts them in a whole new light to you.

I don't think being a scintillating conversationalist is everything! No one should write anyone else off quickly. Some people take longer than others to get to know or to show their "interesting" side but sometimes those can be the most rewarding friendships. And I'm not sure I've ever in my life met someone who was just dull, full stop. (I'm sure many of you will disagree with me on that.)

It's true. People perceive me in a certain 'lightness', but once they read my stories, they are blown away, like wow, Rebe, where did all that come from? There's a dark, dark place inside of me, not emo and woe is me, just very analytical, critical and articulate about "emotional landscapes". :yes: :D

SilkRoad, your descriptions are very good and true. :) Except for the INFP one...well, maybe you're right on that too. We are kind of vague because of the Ne but with sudden, abrupt intensity. No one knows when it's gonna laser your ass.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
INTJ – Do you even exist in the real world?

KDude

I don't really think anyone's full stop dull either.. it's just strange that "normal" is the first thing some would say. How does anyone like that even type as an ISFP? As for INFPs, I could never find one dull. Some could be very fun and imaginative, I'm sure.. while some could jump the gun and be aggravating with their ideals.. but never dull! :D

Anyways, I'm not the most eager conversationalist or promoter either, but if someone asked me questions, I appreciate it, and try my best.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
funny... I've always considered IxFPs to be low key quirky... to me inoffensive =/= boring... I appreciate their abilities to come up with some pretty creative ideas for fun once they get comfortable... and the one's I've known are generally fairly willing to be dragged along on them by crazy ExTPs :whistling:

plus, I really enjoyed the style of the ISFP I slept with before... laid back, but still... :drool:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It is pretty common for a Fi-dom to appear very "simple" on the surface.

I feel I seem "dull" to people as well, but I also know there is a lot brewing below they will likely never see. As silkroad mentions, artistic expressions & even taste (in music, art, etc) seem to be glimpses of the rich inner life.

Introverted Feeling Type said:
They conceal their sensitiveness behind a mask, which may be childish or simple, or again conventional, remote, or it may be friendly. But behind this mask the search goes on for someone who will understand, and for a community which will embody their ideals. However disappointed they are, they still in their innermost being believe implicitly in what their feelings tell them. Even if they are not able to express it clearly in words, they are inwardly quite certain as to what accords with them and what does not. Outwardly, their feelings are not very obvious, for when these are affected, these people tend to withdraw into themselves, and if they do express anything, it will only be much later, after they have had time to work it all over within themselves.