• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typology without MBTI

Mole

Permabanned
SolitaryWalker has the right idea, for his motto below his avatar is, "Typology without MBTI".

However I do think we should take a leaf out of Machiavelli's book and keep MBTI.

For MBTI is a popular, wide spread, seventy year old, part of the New Age.

And the New Age provides relief from Modernity, just as humour provides relief from drama in Shakespeare.

And so MBTI will provide us with a constant supply of new recruits.

And so our only job is to help them mature beyond MBTI.

And in that way, we will not only have a constant supply of new recruits, but we will keep those of personal integrity like SolitaryWalker.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^That's just your opinion, Victor.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even folk typologists. :violin:

wolfy

awsm
The ultimate typology is the typology of no typology.

typology without typology.​

Here, we need mbti and mbti needs us. Like the Australian public needs Julia Gillard and Julia Gillard needs the Australian public. Like Dog needs Wal Footrot and Wal Footrot needs Dog. We all need to connect with others and here we have a nice social medium through which to express ourselves.

Mole

Permabanned
The Flowering of Opinion

^That's just your opinion, Victor.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even folk typologists. :violin:

Thank heavens it is shared by SolitaryWalker. And of course it is an opinion shared by more than SolitaryWalker and me. But it is an opinion that is routinely suppressed.

However it is an opinion that is threatening to authoritarian control. And it is also an opinion threatening to the abusers who regularly and routinely meet this opinion with ad hominem attacks.

So stop your ad hominem attacks, let go of your authoritarian control, and let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred opinions flower!

Mole

Permabanned
Stop the Abuse on Typology Central

The ultimate typology is the typology of no typology.

typology without typology.​

Here, we need mbti and mbti needs us. Like the Australian public needs Julia Gillard and Julia Gillard needs the Australian public. Like Dog needs Wal Footrot and Wal Footrot needs Dog. We all need to connect with others and here we have a nice social medium through which to express ourselves.

Sure, MBTI performs a social function like astrology. And I would be the last person to suppress MBTI or astrology on this site.

However I would be grateful if the ad hominem attacks would cease.

Ad hominem attacks are form of abuse.

And I understand that those who continue to abuse me and others with ad hominem attacks have had an abusive childhood. And this site provides them with an opportunity to act out their abuse.

However I feel this is an inappropriate use of Typology Central, and that the abused and the abusers would do better talking to a therapist.

Ad hominem attacks are plainly against the rules of Typology Central and should be taken to a psychotherapist.

KDude

Why do you accuse him of "authority control"? He said you had a right to your opinion. He's just a guy at an MBTI site... talking about MBTI. He's not controlling you.

He's no different than a guy at a Japanese restaurant, for example, eating sushi and rice. Because that's what people generally do at those places. You, on the other hand, are like a guy who comes into the restaurant, and tells a random person enjoying his meal that he should eat hamburgers instead - and then he tells you "No, I'm here for sushi. Thanks. Why would I even want hamburgers here?". And if you keep insisting that he shouldn't eat what he wants, then you're the one playing the authority. And that shit will get real old sooner or later.

wolfy

awsm
Sure, MBTI performs a social function like astrology. And I would be the last person to suppress MBTI or astrology on this site.
However I would be grateful if the ad hominem attacks would cease.
Ad hominem attacks are form of abuse.

I agree that ad hominem attacks are wrong. It isn't something I do or like seen done. Having said that you often twist the subject of a thread to suit your own purpose and that is the reason people get upset with you and your style.

I understand the need to help people move beyond mbti. But there is a need to move through mbti and beyond. If a person has already found some ways of understanding themselves through using the language of mbti nobody is going to get very far by attacking the premise. All that will result is a stubborn refusal to change.

I don't feel mbti provides a social medium like astrology, I think it provides a medium like any other medium. I think you misinterpret the way a lot of people are taking mbti on the forum, though there is always a chance that it is me that is doing that. I feel that it is a language, an abstract language we can use to understand aspects of ourselves. Whether these things are real or not is beyond the point, it is a method of communication.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SolitaryWalker has the right idea, for his motto below his avatar is, "Typology without MBTI".

However I do think we should take a leaf out of Machiavelli's book and keep MBTI.

For MBTI is a popular, wide spread, seventy year old, part of the New Age.

And the New Age provides relief from Modernity, just as humour provides relief from drama in Shakespeare.

And in that way, we will not only have a constant supply of new recruits, but we will keep those of personal integrity like SolitaryWalker.
First things first... how would typology work without MBTI?

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I actually kinda agree with wolfy on this, because MBTI itself seems to be a restriction on the personality and the brain. I thought most people post on this forum, because it's a nice place, for nice conversations?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I post here because the voices tell me to. Don't you? :huh:

KDude

My brain doesn't feel restricted. :tongue:

FFFFFfffff Bleh aajdjlfjf Oooogggg ..ndd. See, I can say and do anything I want. I'm free. Weeeeee!!!!!

Seriously though, it's whatever you make of it. And you're right, it's a decent forum - but IRONICALLY, it's decent for the fact that I'm almost guaranteed to get some diversity here. Some forums might just cater to a certain crowd - here, you don't know what you're going to get. And that's partly because of MBTI.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And I understand that those who continue to abuse me and others with ad hominem attacks have had an abusive childhood. And this site provides them with an opportunity to act out their abuse.

However I feel this is an inappropriate use of Typology Central, and that the abused and the abusers would do better talking to a therapist.

Ad hominem attacks are plainly against the rules of Typology Central and should be taken to a psychotherapist.

:huh:

i don't really know your history, but for someone so concerned about authoritarian control, you've expressed quite a good deal of self-proclaimed authority and attempts to control people on the forum by restricting their activity.

this is, after all, an internet forum, not a formal government. i recommend 4chan.org for perspective. typoc is quite tame and friendly.

anyway, i like to see mbti as a tool. sometimes it is useful; sometimes, not so much. at this point in my life, it is useful, and i am enjoying the social contact on the forums. just because of who i am, i've already explored quite a few personality tests. but i do not see any dire necessity to move "beyond" this place, or the mbti even, if it continues to be useful and enjoyable for the rest of my life.