User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Default is this correct difference of thinking between Fe/Fi?

Ill use this situation as an example:

You see someone(that you dont know) fall with his bike and he gets hurt pretty badly, but not so badly that his life would be in danger.

Fi user would set himself in the bikers situation and therefore feel bad for him. Using Ne or Se in combination with Fi. Fi user with Ne would think what if this would happen to me(the whole situation about falling, maybe he was hurt somewhere else(thats not showing) also, people looking at him but just passing by etc) and maybe Si if he would have been in similar situation before. Fi user Se user would see the wounds, and set himself in the situation where he would have this kind of wounds himself and therefore feeling bad for him.

Fe user would feel bad for the guy without setting himself in the bikers situation. Im not sure how Ni/Si would effect this, maybe someone can explain it? Or maybe Si/Ni wouldnt make as big of a difference to this for Fe users than Se/Ne does make for Fi users?

So, both Fi and Fe users would get to same conclusion about this(feeling bad for the guy who fell with his bike), but from different perspectives(setting himself on the bikers situation or not).

Do you guys think this is the correct process or Fi/Fe way of extroverting their feeling function?

I always understood Fe as tied to cultural values and that sort of thing, so wouldn't that factor into the Fe user's understanding of it being the "right" thing to do?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

not sure about Fe, but that's kind of how Fi would play out for me. whether it's physical or emotional, i'll feel or identify with someone's pain - at times though, i may not know enough of the person to express myself (especially in emotional cases..i may need more familiarity. it's quite easy to help a stranger in a physical accident though). unfortunately...! if it wasn't too harmless of an accident, and they fell in some contorted way, i'm gonna laugh.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think human beings of all sorts would feel a mix of both.

Maybe the mix and how it is processed is impacted by cognitive perspective, but to say an Fe user doesn't empathize at all with a victim is a bit ridiculous, IMO.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's personal vs societal values. If we take the extreme case of only one orientation of the F function at a time, then 100% Fe would be thinking what would a 'normal' person do in my place. What's the normal etiquette? Would he/she go and help the person?

100% Fi would be ignore any outside influence at all. What the Fi-user would do will be based totally on his values. If he has a value that everyone should take care of themselves, then he will ignore and carry on. If his value is that people should help each other, then he will help.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I don't know if I'd call Fe "societal." More environmental. It may seem like hairsplitting but I think it's an important distinction. Fe users are perfectly capable of being counter-cultural and societal. It's just that their source of "F-ness" will always be external.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I think Fe is more likely to think "what is expected of me to feel?"

I think Fe is much more society-bound. Not bound by tradition or anything like that. It's more socially aware. We are all cogs inside a big machine. It thinks of the group a lot more.

It's tough to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't know if I'd call Fe "societal." More environmental. It may seem like hairsplitting but I think it's an important distinction. Fe users are perfectly capable of being counter-cultural and societal. It's just that their source of "F-ness" will always be external.
    Yeah, environmental seems like a more accurate word. Less likely to lead to assumptions.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I think Fe is more likely to think "what is expected of me to feel?"

I think Fe is much more society-bound. Not bound by tradition or anything like that. It's more socially aware. We are all cogs inside a big machine. It thinks of the group a lot more.

It's tough to explain.
    Fe is the group hug.

Fi is the ass-pinch.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Ok, I can buy that
    What happens when an Fe user goes to a foreign land with differing values? Which will be given a higher weightage?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell