• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do people assume your type is? (in real life!)

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've never had people tell me I'm any MBTI type. With the way people describe me though, about 95% of it screams INTP. The remaining 5% sounds INTJ and comes from people who have only just met me.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A few people who look at my enthusiasm for my ideas on type theory have said ENFP. But those who look at the content of what I'm enthusiastic about (the logcal rather than personal aspects of the theory), acknowledge me as INTP.
(Enthusiasm would be more from the extraverted iNtuition in the "parent" position by which we reach out to others, than it being dominant, and accompanied by Fi).

A few, such as my wife, have thought I was SJ, because of my focus on the past and learned concrete facts. But then that's Si in the tertiary position.

Last edited:

shmrie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A lot of people I know who (if they knew what typology was) would probably put me as an ENTP. I've had a lot of people comment that I'm very spontaneous and outgoing(which I'm definitely not, as can be seen from my post count ;P), which I can only assume is my Ne, which leads to ENTP.

Some App on facebook says people think I'm an ENTJ, which I find a wee bit laughable, but whatever

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The few that know about MBTI - INTJ
While others simply think that I am weird or perhaps even evil.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't actually know a single person IRL who has any interest in MTBI, so I guess that answers that question.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To people I don't really know I probably give off an ISTP vibe, but when they get to know me they see the F.

G

garbage

I get pretty sheepish bringing up MBTI to people in the really real world

but my dad thinks that ENFP is about perfect for me.. the only other opinion I've heard was that one of my friends kind of insisted that I was TJ because I'm a workaholic

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Man, this varies. I'm a hardcore introvert, but as with most ISTPs, I can appear extroverted when I feel comfortable with who I'm around. So maybe an ESTP.

I've mentioned before, but my family thinks I'm an INTP. Probably cuz I was a big dork growing up (no offense to you dorky INTPs :newwink: <3)

I was pretty shy when I first started my first full time job. My boss actually knew about Meyers Briggs, but he sounded surprised when I said I was an ISTP, though he didn't tell me what type he thought I was. I'm just going to assume ISFx or something.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
My dad read too much Keirsey a few years ago so he thinks I'm an NT (pretty sure I'm not though). No one else in my RL has a clue about MBTI unfortunately.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I no longer do. You're probably some kind of SFP, frankly.

Anamalech

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
5w4
I no longer do. You're probably some kind of SFP, frankly.

And you're not an ENFP. You're terrible at typing anyone. I doubt you have the ability to type yourself. Just terrible.

coconut

MBTI Type
INTJ
When a group of us did the tests together, they all said I was NT, and the I is pretty obvious. So, INTx. I don't know if they'd think P or J, though.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And you're not an ENFP. You're terrible at typing anyone. I doubt you have the ability to type yourself. Just terrible.
So what am I? INFJ? :coffee:

Random Ness

Some people mistake me as an E just because when you talk to me, I will answer you. That doesn't mean I'll say more than a sentence or I will initiate conversation, though.

Some people mistake me for a T because I don't outwardly express my emotions.

I don't think people can tell the difference between N and S easily.

People usually know I'm a J because I get things done on time and am very serious.

By mentioning letters I'm not saying people I know in real life know about MBTI. I'm just saying what people in real life know about my character traits.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
At first, everyone would say INFJ.
Then they realize I'm some kind of asshole, so ENTP (based on their stereotypes and all, no offense intented ect ect ect)
Then that I'm not that bad, so ENFP.
o_O

But most of people think I'm an introvert anyways.
My mom fainted when I told her "MOM! I'M AN EXTROVERT! WOOOHOO"

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Looking at type descriptions most people who are close to me go with INTP, I narrow it down to the NT types for them as I doubt anyone would peg me as anything else and who would want to look at 16 profiles?!? No one around me is into MBTI as far as I know though.