• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do people assume your type is? (in real life!)

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of my ENFJ friends said that I came across as an INFJ to her. An INTJ male friend of mine says that I come across as an INTJ. An INFJ male said that I'm an INTJ. INFJ female friend said that I'm more of an INFJ.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
On first impression I usually give off a somewhat warm vibe. People usually have the expectation that I'm really outgoing, kind, caring, respectful, and genuinely interested in them. Then they quickly see more of my real self and it leads them to assume I'm cold and distant. It's a bit off putting to them. People who know me well wouldn't be surprised to find out I'm INTP. On first meeting you its hit or miss.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
People who don't know me well generally tend to think I'm an extrovert. My friends weren't all that surprised with my results (and my mother said: "I always told you you were a weird, unfeeling person.").

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Most people I meet are oblivious of MBTI: However if they knew something about it they would likely assume the following in the following environments:

Club Partying: ESTP
Romancing: ESFP
Work product: INTJ
Work Environment: INTP
Internet chatting: ENTP
Singing: ENFJ
Dancing: ESFP
Dinner party: xNTP

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP, I definitely have a somewhat perceiving feel, I chalk it up to my enneagramm type

if I'm not enjoying the company, I might even look like an INTP, but that's your fault

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't know anyone IRL who's taken more than a passing glance at personality typing. If they did I'd be surprised if most people would be able to type me beyond the obvious 'I'.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
People have told me that I seem ISTJ, ISTP, or INTJ. Sometimes INTP, though rarely.

G

Glycerine

On first meeting: INTX (come off analytical and critical)
Some think INFP.
Few think I'm EXFJ.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
peopel think ESTP at work, or INFJ when with friends.
They are often shocked and even confused when I tell them I am considered a mute because I talk so much and move so often.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The only person I've talked to in real life who REALLY knew about MBTI was surprised that I was an extravert. But I didn't know that person very well.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never had a "real life" discussion on MBTI (unfortunately).

Online, I've had friends & family type me through facebook apps. On one, someone typed me as INFJ (I believe it was my aunt, who types INFJ herself, but I think she's possibly eNFJ). On another app, many people typed me anonymously, and the group result was ISTJ, but then many of those people hardly know me at all. A few people who know me better said they chose answers closer to my own and saw INFP as a better fit.

My mom has also read my INFP test results on facebook & I notice since that she's more aware of the fact that I am actually an emotionally feeling person. Because of my reserve & guardedness, she'd previously accuse me of being cold. So it seems she accepts the INFP profile as rather accurate and insightful into my general mindset.

I constantly get compared to my uncle who is INTP, so obviously that's one impression I give to people who know me well. I also get compared to my iNFJ aunt, which is probably why she typed me the same as her. My mom occasionally notes similarities between my ISFP step-dad and me, but it's mainly an "artist" thing. I have a feeling that INTP, INFJ & ISFP could be mistypings of me that people would make in person.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Many people have told me that (after a little bit of time of getting to know me) that I appear to be an INTJ or an ISTP. Of course, I've only tested in the latter, and in no way am I a J...it's merely the vibe I give off when I'm in certain situations.

What do people in your life assume your type is?

Surprisingly, I've been called every type on multiple occasions except for ESTP, ESFP and ISFJ.

The most common non-INTJ associations are:

- ENFP/INFJ [from good friends]
- IXFP/ENTP/ENFJ [from acquaintances]
- ENTJ/ISTJ [from coworkers; team members]
- INTP [from relatives]

Liesl

INFx by people who see me when I'm primarily under stress conditions

ENFx by people who see me in normal situations

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They have no idea what type is - other than that four letter thing.

LucrativeSid

Almost everyone who knows me in real life thinks I'm an introvert. Online, everybody thinks I'm E. Other than that, nobody in real life has known enough about personality types to make a guess.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think i've only discussed mbti with people who knew anything about it irl with like 3 people and they already knew i was an enfp...but if i were to pretend that everyone knew about it...i'd say i'd either get enfp or infp. i always act nfp i'm just either in my own world or i'm engaged and out there.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
People who know about MBTI tend to agree with ENFJ or say ENFP.
NF is always apparent, but sometimes people think i'm Introverted or Perceiving. The introverted assessment was more apparent a few years ago.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJ and ENFJ apparently...I wouldn't be surprised if some members of my family thought I was an ESTJ or something