• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do people assume your type is? (in real life!)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Many people have told me that (after a little bit of time of getting to know me) that I appear to be an INTJ or an ISTP. Of course, I've only tested in the latter, and in no way am I a J...it's merely the vibe I give off when I'm in certain situations.

What do people in your life assume your type is?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm often assumed to be more introverted than I am :ninja:

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
People I've known in Corporate America: mostly ENTJ
Business partners/grassroots co-volunteers: all INFJ
People who have known me from school: mostly ENTP and ENFP
My closest friends and family: INFJ(husband, mother, best friend), xNTP(other best friend), or INFP(an aunt)

Most of the above is from a Facebook app. My close family, friends and I have taken the MMDI on behalf of each other.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I have enough friends who are into the MBTI! I haven't had anyone make a guess on this.

I did ask a few friends to take one of the tests (humanmetrics, I think) and told them upfront I was INFJ (which I had concluded partly on the basis of the test and partly through research into that type and others). Two of them also came back as INFJ - one had already tested that way years ago - and they said it made sense them now how similar we were in many ways and how difficult it was to find people like "us" :)

EDIT: I should add, though, that if I describe myself to people as an introvert they are often quite surprised and say "really? but you're great with people" or something like that. It is actually a little disheartening to find that introverts are thought to be not great with people... But they often say I seem quite outgoing.

The thing is, if I get to the stage with someone where I am talking about how I'm an introvert, they are probably someone I feel quite comfortable with, and so I might seem quite "extroverted" with them.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
wow, you know people in real life who have heard of MBTI? Where do you find em?

I don't know anybody IRL who has heard of MBTI except for those I told (and none of them followed it up). However on first meeting me I rarely show people an "INTP" personality. Depending on the context, I emphasize J-ness, F-ness or S-ness more. So people who have met me a few times will often subconsciously classify me within what us who have heard of MBTI would class as, varyingly, INTJ, XXFX or XSTX stereotypes.

Another thing - it really amazes me the extent to which most people classify you on meeting. I never did this, and had no diea people do it. But I've realized that it really throws people, for example, that I might turn up with short gelled hair, looking like I go to the gym, talking like a commoner, and then suddenly say something theoretical or compassionate. It's qute funny how presumptious people are, really.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
wow, you know people in real life who have heard of MBTI? Where do you find em?

Well, we took a class in high school where we had to take the MBTI test...
It was funny, because I tested ENTP (the same with this other girl, which at first doesn't seem like I'm anything like her) and everyone seemed incredibly shocked, mostly because I tested E. :cheese:

And my parents took it, and a few other people I know from college and work have taken it as well.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
wow, you know people in real life who have heard of MBTI? Where do you find em?.
This.
It's qute funny how presumptious people are, really.
and this. Fodder for misanthropy, that.

Even if they know about mbti, which is not far-fetched, the act of quoting a type outside of the context of some type-based workshop or discussion seems odd. All I could manage are wild conjectures based on assessments they choose to voice.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have to agree with most here - most people I know do not know enough of MBTI, enneagram or multiple intelligences to classify me. Tho I do like that LOL

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An INTx I hung out with a few times years and years ago apparently thought I was the same type as he (we have a mutual friend.. I guess he was surprised when she told him I was actually her type, infj. But then she and I come across very differently, so there's that).

An INTJ I've started seeing a lot of also had kind of an 'You're F? Huh' response the 2nd time we met up. (he's familiar with many of the psychological typing systems)

So I guess I'm not an obvious F. :smile:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm almost the only person who I know of knows a bit about MBTI, but this is what people would assume if they knew MBTI too:

Friends: ENFP, ENTP or ESTP
Classmates: INTJ
Teachers: INTP
Dutch relatives: ISTJ
Hungarian relatives: ENFJ
Dad: ISTJ
Mom: ENFP
Strangers: ESFP
Old acquaintances: ENTP or ESTP
Other acquaintanses: ENTP or ESTP
Enemies: ISTP

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow, you know people in real life who have heard of MBTI?
Lots.

No one IRL has ever questioned my INTPness. The idea that I could be a J (which sometimes comes up here) would be laughable to anyone who knows me.

wolfy

awsm
I don't know anyone into mbti. I think most people would think I was isfp. And why wouldn't they? I am.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure... Seems like a lot of people think that i'm more T than I am.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Most of my friends only know MBTI because I turned them on to it.

When they read the INTP description, they're all like, "Oh, YEAH." :p

Edit: Acquaintances probably think I'm more E and more S, because it's how I survive the world of small talk. And if I'm around a bunch of hardcore introverts, I become the extrovert. But I can't keep it up without becoming exhausted.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Some friends might think me an E, because I tend to take the leader role among that select group.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don´t know anybody who is into it.

Maybe if ESPN makes a documentary about "Football and MBTI", it could become popular around here.

KDude

Not sure... Seems like a lot of people think that i'm more T than I am.

Same here.

Not sure about you, but in my case, I would say it's more due to introversion, plus coming off as a little serious (depending on the maturity of the situation around me) -no one is actually referring to mbti though

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Some friends might think me an E, because I tend to take the leader role among that select group.
This, for some circles.

INFP ex who knows mbti a bit sometimes insisted I'm J and, less often, E.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
MBTI is not very well known. I have 1 friend , an ex wife, an ex girlfriend and my mother who know about MBTI .

My friend says ENFP .. or at least when I am at my best I am ENFP
The ex wife agrees with INFP
The ex girlfriend thinks I am an ISFP, but this was not a healthy time.
My Mom said she was sure at age 16 I typed as an ENFJ during a family counseling session. All she says now is that I am an idealist and always have been.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same here.

Not sure about you, but in my case, I would say it's more due to introversion, plus coming off as a little serious (depending on the maturity of the situation around me).

I'm pretty unemotional, unsentimental, organized, to the point, efficient, and can be blunt. Many people see that in me, and say that I'm "like a guy." My F doesn't show as much on the surface.

Regarding you- I think introversion makes it harder for people to read people.