User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I imagine that most people knowledgeable about the MBTI would see me as an INFJ simply because I'm warmer than your average INTJ.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

You're probably aged enough to be a little warmer. As for me, I know no one who knows mbti that well (well, my dad knows it, he's a Ph.D in clinical anthropology, but says mbti is shallow and baseless, partly agree with him, even though I see him as an ISTP for many reasons, whoops! Went off track!)... Well, I guess people who know mbti and examined me would see me for who I am: an INTP.
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

Some kind of F. I've gotten ExFP. Their reasoning: being nice, warm, caring and attentive to the cues of others around me means I must be an "F".

No, not really.

I'm really good at reading signals from others, and responding to that to make them as comfortable as possible. I cater myself according to my company. I can be the "leader" in a group, drawing people in, where I vibe that there's some awkwardness or hesitation from the others to engage with one another. But, if I see in a group, that the others are flowing well with each other, I will be more in the background, and may seem quiet. And, besides, social dynamics intrigues and fascinates me greatly, so I love to sit back and observe.

When I engage with people, my "Fe" is on blast, so depending on the vibe of the others, I shift myself accordingly.

I am a people-person but that doesn't mean I'm F.

This ^ is usually for those that don't really know me that well.

My ENFJ best friend, who introduced me to MBTI, when she found out my type, her response, "I'm so not surprised. Finally, someone was able to capture what you're about." Psstt....as if. I'm an individual.

My mother also was not surprised when she read the type profile for me. Her response: "It all makes sense now!"

Those that know me really well, and has seen a variety of examples of my thinking processes, knows that I rarely, if ever, base decisions due to my personal ties to said thing - which has actually been a big issue in the past for a lot of friends of mine. Most notable issue surrounding this: my "loyalty" to them had often been called into question - as I will stick by a decision because it's fair, even if it goes against my "loyalty" to them.

Edit, a curious thought: IRL, there is this one friend, who others sometimes remark, that we're very similar to one another [on the surface]. She is actually ISFP. I can see how others think that [we have a skit b/w us, called "The Kangaroo Dance" - yes, it's exactly what you imagine, us dancing like kangaroos], but, again, if they get to know us more deeply, the differences are world's apart.

Online, I have no idea how I come across, but I'd guess I may seem "true to type". (ew?)

MBTI
    ENFP

One time I had my sister and cousin take the MBTI test like they were taking it with me in mind. And twice they got ENTP.

However, there are a couple of people who think that I'm introverted. (They aren't MBTI saavy.) But though I have my introverted moments, this really wouldn't make sense because they know how I act. I introduce myself to everyone at parties, who I don't even know. And I tell jokes to strangers at bars. And I am always trying to make people comfortable and have fun....and it doesn't tax my reserves as much as it would tax theirs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MafiaAngel180 View Post
    One time I had my sister and cousin take the MBTI test like they were taking it with me in mind. And twice they got ENTP.

However, there are a couple of people who think that I'm introverted. (They aren't MBTI saavy.) But though I have my introverted moments, this really wouldn't make sense because they know how I act. I introduce myself to everyone at parties, who I don't even know. And I tell jokes to strangers at bars. And I am always trying to make people comfortable and have fun....and it doesn't tax my reserves as much as it would tax theirs.
    But the introvert/extravert in MBTI refers to take the whatever main function reasoning from the inside/outside. However, it's usually the same as the other meaning for those words. This comment is just for you to make sure what is/are the meaning(s) that apply, and reconsider the possibilities...
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

ReflecTcelfeR

I have no idea. My father thought I was an SP after reading a book I gave him. My mom doesn't know much about it. I act extremely INTP around her though. She'd probably think I was an F though. A friend of mine who I introduced this theory too agreed with my ENTP-ness. No one else cares enough to type me, or anyone, or themselves it's weird to discuss this with people. I don't know why though, most people are too skeptical to allow it into their thinking processes (Ironic, isn't it?).

MBTI
    xNTp

my parents/people who have known me for a long time but don't see me as much now assume i'm an I

friends i spend moderate time with tend to think i'm some sort of ENxx
    some friends think i'm more I
    most people agree i'm T and P

i'm very hard to type... i'm kind of complex. i've gotten anything from enfp, entj, istp, intp, entp from people...

MBTI
    xNTp

most people agree with me being the NERD type.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

I'm really good at reading signals from others, and responding to that to make them as comfortable as possible. I cater myself according to my company. I can be the "leader" in a group, drawing people in, where I vibe that there's some awkwardness or hesitation from the others to engage with one another. But, if I see in a group, that the others are flowing well with each other, I will be more in the background, and may seem quiet. And, besides, social dynamics intrigues and fascinates me greatly, so I love to sit back and observe.
    I noticed this. You let conversations and interactions breathe very well when they're sustaining, but the moment the fire begins to die, you're right there.

When I engage with people, my "Fe" is on blast, so depending on the vibe of the others, I shift myself accordingly.

I am a people-person but that doesn't mean I'm F.

This ^ is usually for those that don't really know me that well.

My ENFJ best friend, who introduced me to MBTI, when she found out my type, her response, "I'm so not surprised. Finally, someone was able to capture what you're about." Psstt....as if. I'm an individual.

My mother also was not surprised when she read the type profile for me. Her response: "It all makes sense now!"

Those that know me really well, and has seen a variety of examples of my thinking processes, knows that I rarely, if ever, base decisions due to my personal ties to said thing - which has actually been a big issue in the past for a lot of friends of mine. Most notable issue surrounding this: my "loyalty" to them had often been called into question - as I will stick by a decision because it's fair, even if it goes against my "loyalty" to them.

Edit, a curious thought: IRL, there is this one friend, who others sometimes remark, that we're very similar to one another [on the surface]. She is actually ISFP. I can see how others think that [we have a skit b/w us, called "The Kangaroo Dance" - yes, it's exactly what you imagine, us dancing like kangaroos], but, again, if they get to know us more deeply, the differences are world's apart.
    ENP for you, is pretty evident. F vs T for you is going to be hard to discern quickly partly because ENPs share interaction styles, and it takes a while to really see how you make personal decisions since it's an introverted process. However, I noticed that your focus when interacting is generally oriented to the particular processes and principles by which the topic works, not necessarily the personal issues involved. Your focus tends to be the system, not the person.

Online, I have no idea how I come across, but I'd guess I may seem "true to type". (ew?)
    Yep. Sorry.

There aren't too many people in my life who have much to say about MBTI or Jungian theory in general. But of the ones who have an inkling, they're not at all surprised that I'm an ENTJ.