User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Thanks Jock for the response, esp. as you've seen how I come across IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I noticed this. You let conversations and interactions breathe very well when they're sustaining, but the moment the fire begins to die, you're right there.
    Flow. Preserve the flow.

I'm trying to get better with letting awkwardness just....be......rather than thinking it needs to somehow be "fixed", as soon as I recognize it. As, much can come out of seeing how awkwardness finally works itself out.

ENP for you, is pretty evident. F vs T for you is going to be hard to discern quickly partly because ENPs share interaction styles, and it takes a while to really see how you make personal decisions since it's an introverted process. However, I noticed that your focus when interacting is generally oriented to the particular processes and principles by which the topic works, not necessarily the personal issues involved. Your focus tends to be the system, not the person.
    Hmmm, good point about "interaction style" which could explain why I got such commentary of ExFP [as ESFPs and ENFPs fall within that category].

As for the bolded, very true. Whenever I aim to understand something, I need to see how it works as a system, as a whole, and the person is just one [notable] variable in that equation (usually in terms of the contribution of their own, unique perception). They're not THE equation.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

It's hard to say because I have met few people who know MBTI well enough to be able to tell me what they thought I was. But the few I have met have told me they thought I was INFP, ENFP, ENFJ or INTP.

The most common assumption is ENFJ. People think I'm extraverted because I'm relatively comfortable in a wide variety of social situations, but I am a strong introvert. Just seeing people, whether it's my good friend or an annoying stranger, can get exhausting for me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I noticed this. You let conversations and interactions breathe very well when they're sustaining, but the moment the fire begins to die, you're right there.

ENP for you, is pretty evident. F vs T for you is going to be hard to discern quickly partly because ENPs share interaction styles, and it takes a while to really see how you make personal decisions since it's an introverted process. However, I noticed that your focus when interacting is generally oriented to the particular processes and principles by which the topic works, not necessarily the personal issues involved. Your focus tends to be the system, not the person.
    To me, what she just said sounds like she lives and breathes Fe -- making her a Ti/Fe type. Fi types are generally not as aware of the emotional atmosphere around them, nor too adept at manipulating it (with the possible exception of ESFPs, who substitute Se). Therefore, ENTP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    iNfp
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

I think I give off the impression of E, N, T, and possibly J, though usually not all at once. A lot of people are surprised I'm an introvert these days, for sure.
    "You get what you're given, it's all how you use it."
    Pink - "God is a DJ"

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I've never asked how people perceive me...at least in MBTI terms. However two recent comments from people who don't know me well:

Perception: I seem a lot like my significant other (INFP) - introverted and quiet.
    Reality: It's my SO's sports friends and all they talk about sports so I have little to add to their conversations and don't want to change the conversation to be about shoes, PMS or feelings :yim_rolling_on_the_

Perception: I act like the guy in relationships - logical and cold (so I guess more Tish)
    Reality: I act "the guy" in the begininning of relationships - I am cautious and look for red flags, but once I am in, I'm all in and very sweet and nurturing (Hey, you gotta earn it )

I wouldn't think that anyone who knew me well would think either of these things.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    GONE

I think when it comes to the question its more asking. What vibe do you give off. I don't think its about typing you *accurately* since few people who are aware of MBTI are adept enough at function and cognitive theory to be accuarate - also its technically unethical to type people outsode of them being tested professionally. :P

I think the biggest differences between perception and reality will be e vs I and f vs t. Typology is asbout how you are on the inside so you could say its unobservable.

Having said that folks would probably say xntp or exfp depending on where they met me.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

To my recollection, there have only been two people outside of this site who have known enough about types and about me to be able to even guess at mine. When I found out my sister had a clue about MBTI, she guessed that I was INFP, but INTP didn't surprise her too much. A long-time online friend who I sort of trick into having typological conversations thinks that I seem more INTJ.

The problem isn't just the unfamiliarity with typing, it is that very few people out there know anything about me. All most people see is "some sort of introvert." Only those who know me online would have any doubt on the I/E divide...

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    What do people in your life assume your type is?
    I act differently for a range of people.. but with people I have things in common with and enjoy, I bet they view me as -> ExFP
    with strangers, I'm very quiet and keep to myself, so I probably appear -> IxFx
    A friend who knew about personality types predicted me as ESFP
    "You may be one person to the world, but to one person you may be the world."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    The problem isn't just the unfamiliarity with typing, it is that very few people out there know anything about me. All most people see is "some sort of introvert." Only those who know me online would have any doubt on the I/E divide...
    Yes. People know either too little about MBTI, or too little about me; or both. The few exceptions have typed me mostly as INTJ, once as ISTJ, and once as ENTJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ENFP, ESFP, ENFJ, INFJ, and ISFx, depending on who you ask.

However, I'm not sure that anyone with extensive knowledge of MBTI has been around me regularly enough IRL for any of these to be accurate.

The most common seemed to be ENFP or ENFJ.

ENFP seems to be the most reliable with IRL combined with people who have chatted with me a lot in real time.