User Tag List

View Poll Results: the happiest type is?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFJ

3 9.38%
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ESFP

12 37.50%
  • ESTP

6 18.75%
  • ENFJ

1 3.13%
  • ENFP

4 12.50%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
  • ENTP

0 0%
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

4 12.50%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • INTP

1 3.13%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • INFP

1 3.13%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Happiest type?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

xSFP, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Definetly not ENFJ.
    I guess it looks to me because I'm subjective and ENFJ is close enough to me, unlike ESTP for ex.

ENFJs run the world; Oprah, Obama......

ENFJs suffer more than ESTPs for sure, but again the reward is bigger when they know how to use it , IMO

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

It really depends on the ideal circumstances for each type. Any type in the wrong circumstance will feel mostly unhappy and in the ideal circumstance happy (i.e. ideal circumstances for INTP quiet library full of books, with separate internet and video game room may be a hell for ESFJ). As far as low maintenance of your own type (not necessarily others) the following appears to be a good rule of them.

I over E. Es need people more often and Is are more self content to be alone/need fewer people. Less work/hassle finding surplus people for own needs for I (especially w internet equivalents that seem to work better w Is than Es).

S over N. Being in moment tends to be less painful than living in the past or future

F over T. This one is a close one feelers feel more pain but also feel more happiness in general. Thinkers are rarely truly at peace because the truth can be so illusive where beauty not so much.

P over J. Js are in the prison of their own judging which outweighs the many conundrums of uncertainty Ps feel. Most of life is a process rather than a conclusion so being comfortable with the process in and of itself tends to give the more a plenty chunks of happiness.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

SPs and EFs would be the most demonstrably happy when they are healthy. I don't know how that correlates to actual happiness. I think the concept is a slippery term. A deeply happy INTJ might not be all that observably chipper and so the positivity could be discounted. Also, people tend to introvert when depressed, or sometimes act more positive in an extroverted way. Quietness is often equated with unhappiness because of that.

Simply put, there are observable stereotypes, but an actual conclusion would be too difficult and complex to measure.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Hmm... This is a tough call... I'm an ESFJ and I'm pretty happy in general, but if someone I care about is down and out, then I'm sad too....especially if I can't cheer them up. I know some seriously happy ESFPs....but if someone criticizes their way of life they get all bummed out and need cheering up... But the ESTPs I know, nothing seems to phase them. Ever. I think I have to agree that ESTPs are pretty happy overall.

My 2c: As much as I'd like to be the happiest camper of the bunch, I'm not. Not all ISFPs may talk about it, but..Anyone who's filtering the world through their internal feelings and values has less chances of being happy a lot. I imagine Fi is somewhat the same experience as INFP for many. Unless they're the type of ISFP who keeps chatting about Se. Then they're probably ESFP.

The only ENFJ I know is a psychologist - but she gets down on her dumps in private and says she hates people. My impression is that they are sort of emotionally volatile.. and deeply caring too. It's a source of why they do good things,but brings them down at times too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I don't in a way consider a type to be a prerequisite for happiness. I've known deeply unhappy ESTPs, as well as incredibly happy INTJs. However, based on personal experience, I'd say that the happiest people I've met so far have been ENFJs - so I somewhat concur with that.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Happiness is transient. Depends on the emotional state of the moment. If you can find a way to stimulate what makes you happy in the moment, you have the key to creating lifelong happiness.

Not relative to type.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Simple question, NT's!

I'd hate to be the waitress asking you if you wanted white or wheat.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    It really depends on the ideal circumstances for each type. Any type in the wrong circumstance will feel mostly unhappy and in the ideal circumstance happy (i.e. ideal circumstances for INTP quiet library full of books, with separate internet and video game room may be a hell for ESFJ). As far as low maintenance of your own type (not necessarily others) the following appears to be a good rule of them.

I over E. Es need people more often and Is are more self content to be alone/need fewer people. Less work/hassle finding surplus people for own needs for I (especially w internet equivalents that seem to work better w Is than Es).

S over N. Being in moment tends to be less painful than living in the past or future

F over T. This one is a close one feelers feel more pain but also feel more happiness in general. Thinkers are rarely truly at peace because the truth can be so illusive where beauty not so much.

P over J. Js are in the prison of their own judging which outweighs the many conundrums of uncertainty Ps feel. Most of life is a process rather than a conclusion so being comfortable with the process in and of itself tends to give the more a plenty chunks of happiness.

What a smart and well spoken answer. Couldn't agree more.