MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, your shadow would be ESFJ.

ENTJ would be eruption of the inferior.

So does ESFJ seem more plausible to you?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Is the shadow as troubling as an eruption of the inferior? Because I can see points where I have displayed what could very well look like "unhealthy ISTJ" (in fact I comically had someone on here once suggest that was my type!) particularly during periods of my life where I felt out of wack or not balanced...so it could happen momentarily, in a flash, or I could even go through a period of my life where the inferior erupted more than it normally would.

Shadow doesn't seem like it would necessarily look as "unhealthy" and might be even more comfortable to slip into (for example if ENFP goes INFJ or INTJ goes ENTP, staying within your same little group i.e. NF, NT) doesn't seem like as much of a traumatic stretch, but maybe would just become more and more obvious later in life?

I don't know. I don't fully understand.
    The question is how an eruption of the inferior relates to the shadow. I've seen it described in different ways. Looking through the thread again, there were a number of differing opinions and not a clear conclusion on the question. These are a few posts that seem relevant:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1217290

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1217493

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1221949

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1219173

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1218178

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1218315

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1219097

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The Shadow Functions - The four functions which oppose the functions in our type. For example, if an INTPs function order is: Ti, Ne, Si, and Fe. The shadow functions are correspondingly Te, Ni, Se, and Fi. How these functions manifest themselves in people is unclear or inconsistent in current literature.
    wait... so... i'm Fi/Se/Ni/Te... so my shadow is... Fe/Si/Ne/Ti ?? which is an ESFJ??

i'm confused.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

No, your shadow would be ESFJ.

ENTJ would be eruption of the inferior.

So does ESFJ seem more plausible to you?
    just saw this. haha.

ESFJ as a shadow... i'm still not really sure what that means, though.
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    just saw this. haha.

ESFJ as a shadow... i'm still not really sure what that means, though.
    This might be more helpful. Write down 10 characteristics of people who utterly repel you. People who demonstrate these things - you can't stand. Then write down 10 characteristics of people that you greatly admire.

That's your shadow.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

This might be more helpful. Write down 10 characteristics of people who utterly repel you. People who demonstrate these things - you can't stand. Then write down 10 characteristics of people that you greatly admire.

That's your shadow.
    love/hate relationship with ESFJ?
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Highlander, that makes SOOO much sense because I sometimes tend to admire INFJs to the point of almost feeling inferior at times in the face of their self-control, gentleness, mad people skillz, diplomatic behavior, which is also sometimes accompanied by being funny, dark, and cool.

Then again, I'm also highly annoyed by people who are self-righteous, overly cautious, avoidant, have a stick up their butt, think they're smarter or more moral than others, or have a narcissistic messiah complex.

This could be applied to ENFJs to some degree, too, the whole adoration/annoyance, but I don't quite worship them at moments like I can with the INFJ. It's true.

INFJ worship is a platonic worship, it isn't any kind of subconscious underlying sexual fascination like I can have with some INTJs.

And I'd like to point out that I don't worship all INFJs (just like I'm obviously not gonna be attracted to or fascinated with all INTJs), and that sometimes a certain INFJ will embody all the traits I admire, others seem to only have the irritating ones I can't stand, and the rest will have a balance of both.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Highlander, that makes SOOO much sense because I sometimes tend to admire INFJs to the point of almost feeling inferior at times in the face of their self-control, gentleness, mad people skillz, diplomatic behavior, which is also sometimes accompanied by being funny, dark, and cool.

Then again, I'm also highly annoyed by people who are self-righteous, overly cautious, avoidant, have a stick up their butt, think they're smarter or more moral than others, or have a narcissistic messiah complex.

This could be applied to ENFJs to some degree, too, the whole adoration/annoyance, but I don't quite worship them at moments like I can with the INFJ. It's true.

INFJ worship is a platonic worship, it isn't any kind of subconscious underlying sexual fascination like I can have with some INTJs.

And I'd like to point out that I don't worship all INFJs (just like I'm obviously not gonna be attracted to or fascinated with all INTJs), and that sometimes a certain INFJ will embody all the traits I admire, others seem to only have the irritating ones I can't stand, and the rest will have a balance of both.
    Put this way, it makes a lot more sense.

Even funnier is that me and my sister are shadow functions of one another.

And I can make sense of what you mean by platonic versus the fascination I may have with NT types. When highlander first posed the question of top 10 qualities of people I idolize, I immediately went to: "Well, I idolize NT types..." But that wasn't what he was asking, what's a personality I love and hate.

I can think of many things about ESFJ's that get under my skin, but I'm sure just as many that I admire though won't always openly admit. Such as, their ability to separate emotions from shit that needs to be done. My sister managed to get through school without a single crisis... whereas for me, every day was a crisis and priorities such a school had to go on a back burner. Also, she was always better at making friends than I was, of managing her life better than me, and in general has her shit together. I was always a mess in comparison.
    However, most of our life, I had always considered her closed minded. She would always call me a hippie. We were day and night, yet ultimately the same. Yin and Yang? Both feelers. Both sensors. Point and counter point.

Hmm... interesting.. very interesting.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENTP

That's your shadow.
    Projecting the "shadow traits" on others. I've watched so many people do that...soooo many...each time I wondered...why don't they see it...Do I do what they do?!
    A few days ago, I was with this guy...we were listening music in his car, and he puts this ridiculous song, about greedy people who take advantage of others, and he tells me that he really likes this song. And guess what, he is GREEDY AS FUCK. The issue with the song (which he listens a lot) is that it's from the "victim's" perspective, so he is identifying with the victim, thinking that people cheat him. When in fact he's doing the cheating.

F*C*I*G PROJECTION.
    EDIT:
    Oookay...I'm having attention issues again.

I got the impression that the shadow type is what you hate, but it's also what you admire. And actually what you choose to hate/admire are projections of your 'shadow values'.

Ok. I think this is the idea.

This pisses off inferior Te. I demand some consistency.

First I've heard the IFP shadow is ETJ
    Then it's ITP
    Now it's EFJ.

I suppose there is some love/hate with ENFJs though. Probably not worth getting into. If there's any "eruption" of the inferior in relation though, it might be my aggravation on an immature Te level with their equally immature arbritary reasoning. This goes without mentioning Fi/Fe differences blah blah blah. Meh, I said I wasn't going to get into it.