• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell us about your MBTI testing experience

How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Votes: 22 17.3%

Votes: 27 21.3%

Votes: 34 26.8%

Votes: 18 14.2%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of the time test as INTP or INTJ (I most identify with INTP at this moment)

Sometimes test as INFP or INFJ

Once in a great while, will get some other result like ISTJ, ISTP or ENTP

I've yet to test in the ES quadrant.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have tested 4 consistent results over a period of three years in my studies of my personal MBTI psychometric profile. The first time I was typed was by my brother. He typed me an INTJ. I was interested so I studied deeper into MBTI ending up choosing INTJ as my own assessment of my type. I had not yet taken an MBTI test nor was I in a deeper understanding of the functions. Taking the MBTI test for the first time, INTJ was my result. Over a period of time and many different tests I have received INTJ, INTP, INFJ and INFP the majority being INTJ. Although I had little doubt of my type I was curious to the possible reasons for the errors going far enough to dub me INFP. So I learnt about functions in which I understood why such is possible. With 3 introverted functions used as the most common of my personal functions use, it would not come to much surprise.

The MBTI tests can be very worthless by perception of the person taking the test and by the clumsily written wordings of the test by the test maker and/or misinterpretation of the test taker. Both instill it's own addition to the margin of error and yet are not the only factors that may cause errors of a wrong result in an MBTI test.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From what I can remember.
I often got results that ended around IXXP.

ENFP. Yeah, I think this only occurred in one of those moods....

INFJ. This is the strangest one I got. Don't remember which test.

So 6? But I really didn't count ENFP or INFJ because they were just weird results.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I've taken many tests and I have always gotten INFP or ENFP.

I have mostly gotten INFP, but when I look at the overall descriptions of INFP and ENFP its clear that I'm ENFP.

I find it absolutely incredible that some people can't eliminate at least HALF of the types.

Seriously?

Like, you can't tell, for example, whether you're INFP or ESTJ?

Or whether you're ISTJ or ESFP?

That sounds like a serious problem to me. :doh::D

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
INTP, INFP and INTJ (the latter of which is probably right)

Jaguar

I've tested as 14 different types.. never ISFJ or ESFJ, but all the others, yeah. Usually I've needed just a slightly different mindset to genuinely score as a different type. That's the thing with the typology system: deviate ever so slightly from the XXXX type, and you will score as anything. Scoring 51% or 49% on any scale will make all the difference.

I think you may have won the prize, with 14 types.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what is the prize? if it's cool I'm sure that I could find a way to test as a few more types! :holy:

Jaguar

Test all 16 types and win a romantic getaway for two.

port-o-potty.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
WAY too small of a space... and the man is a germaphobe as well, so I guess I won't test as all 16 :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
4, ENTJ, ENFJ, INTJ, ENTP

Depends on the mood. I generally always knew where home was. Still if I was in doubt, I asked for help.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've taken various MBTI tests countless times and it's usually:

90% of the time, INTP
5% ENTP
4% INFP
1% ISTP

INFP, INTP and ENFP in about that order. I haven't taken any official tests: all these are results from online quizzes.

And I usually get ISTJ when I'm pissed off. :D

Last edited:

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Excluding loser results, I would say INFP, INTP, and ENTP. I used to be INxP in middle school, but for the last several years have been ENTP. I have been feeling pretty ENTJ lately though. Pfft. I shall persevere!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It depends..., if you mean any test that'll give one of those 16 types, I've probably gotten about 6-8 different results, due to some of the tests being a bit silly. On the serious tests, I get INTP about 92% of the time, INTJ 7%, and might've got INFP and/or ENTP once or twice. I heard that I tested ISFP once as a child.

Let's clarify that a bit....

I haven't taken the official MBTI yet.

On all online tests, including the ones that determine type through like writing style, appearance, or other really questionable methods, I've probably got about 7 different results.

On the online tests that aren't as crazy, I've got three different results: INTP, INTJ, and ENTP. I scored INTJ a couple times way way back, tested consistently as INTP many many times up until a few months ago, but now I test consistently as ENTP, no matter how many times I whisper to the test: my E and T really are very questionable.... lemme see something else!, but it doesn't listen :tongue:

So really, I've only had one shift in test results over the past 5 years. My stability is terrifying :D

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
let's see....

INFP
ENFP
ENTP
INTJ
ENTJ
ISTJ
ESTP
ESFP

Yep.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJ, INTJ, INFP, and finally INTP

In retrospect, I probably tested as INFJ initially because I was answering based on what I thought I should be like. More soul-searching --> more consistently testing as INTP.

Within

Permabanned
The first time I took the test and discovered MBTI, I tested as an INTP. Since the second time and forward I've always scored INTJ.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
INTJ, INFJ, ENTJ, and once, INFP.

But it's always those awful online tests, so I don't take it seriously anyway.