• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell us about your MBTI testing experience

How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Votes: 22 17.3%

Votes: 27 21.3%

Votes: 34 26.8%

Votes: 18 14.2%

Votes: 10 7.9%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 4 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I first took the MBTI I scored INFP; it was a pretty crappy test. I took the same test again and got INTJ. On the better ones I take it's a toss up between ISTP and ISFP; always borderline on T/F. On other random tests I get INTP too.

So that's 5.

G

Ginkgo

This thread has gone awry. :laugh:

I have scored 4 different results over the past 2 years, using various testing instruments, including Keirsey's PUMII. I initially scored INFP on a free online test (humanmetrics.com). Since then, I have scored INTP, ENFP, and INFJ. Every test is easily contaminated once you understand the dichotomies and the questions. However, once I purge the relationships from my mind, I'm still left thinking about the context of each question, and I become indecisive. One might say that being indecisive is a 'P' trait, but it may also be a 'T' trait in the search from a concise truth. Since I could probably find any typological reason for a single behavior, and characterize any person as any type for any reason, I have decided that various behaviors cannot be typologically assessed with any certainty. For instance, if a person were to be indecisive, I would not jump to the conclusion that they were a perceiving type. I would rather say that they are thinking about the options with scrutiny. If I see that this is habitual for them, then I might characterize them as a fairly indecisive person, not a 'P'. Being a 'P', or any other digit within the MBTI code, elucidates psychological preferences, not behaviors. The dichotomies are false anyway.

I think that, on a superficial level, the INFP profiles that I have seen describe me with the most accuracy, followed by INTP and ENFP. However, these descriptions are often superfluous and vague. They are hardly ever even remotely clinical.

I think the INTP archetype described my penchant for understanding systems and how I like to change them. However, a person of any type can grasp a system and synthesize it. I am more inclined to believe that my view of systems is largely a Te orientation because it requires external input, however, Ti oriented people need external input as well. So this is inconclusive.

The ENFP archetype represents a more inflated version of myself that requires more energy to uphold.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first test result was INTJ, and since then I've almost always scored as one of the four INXXs, most commonly a J. On occasion, I've gotten some very strange results from unreliable tests, though, things like (listing as many as I can remember) ESTJ, ENTJ, ISTJ, ISTP, ENFJ, ENFP, ENTP, and ISFJ. So there are only four types I've never scored as, which is a sad testimony on the reliability of tests. Combine a test with a sound knowledge of the MBTI, though, and that problem becomes inconsequential, because you're aware of the test's shortcomings and are using it more as a way to explore your personality than a means to learn your type.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
It was terrifying! and I'll never do it again!

I need a female ESTP to hold me while I cry...

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tested as five different types:
INFJ, ISFJ, INFP, INTJ, ENFJ.

G

Glycerine

ESTJ (my first test at like 7 or 8), ISFJ, INFP, INTP, INFJ, ISXP, ENFJ. I consistently got S for the longest time but I doubt that I'm S.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah... ESTP chicks are awesome. :D

Hey, did you get my PM?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah... ESTP chicks are awesome. :D

Hey, did you get my PM?

Yes. I can't remember why I thought you were INFP! I don't put much stock on typology though. Just be your normal, dashing self. Details are less important than intent.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I can't remember why I thought you were INFP! I don't put much stock on typology though. Just be your normal, dashing self. Details are less important than intent.
Will do. Thanks. :)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Four (INTP, ENTP, INTJ and ENTJ), but INTP was the first (from a long, professionally administered test 10 years ago) and is the most common result.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
When I first took the MBTI I scored INFP; it was a pretty crappy test. I took the same test again and got INTJ. On the better ones I take it's a toss up between ISTP and ISFP; always borderline on T/F. On other random tests I get INTP too.

So that's 5.

I can still remember the days when you were confused about it!

G

garbage

Like, 8.. some of which are more believable than others.

uh let's see: ENTJ, ESTP, ESFJ, ENTP, INTJ, ENFP, INFP, ENFJ

Of course, these are all from various (key word, here) online tests, so I can't comment on any experiences with the official MBTI's retest reliability.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I can say is there must be some bad assessments out there.

Last edited:

KDude

I get thrown off by socionics tests..forgot to mention that. I'm not sure it's entirely relevant though.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics tests are fucking awful. It's better to study the theory, and self-type.

Or just ignore Socionics altogether. It's complicated as fuck.

KDude

I don't want to self-type there either. It's probably not ISFp though..their senses are more oriented to comfortability factors, and they come off as more expressive (Si and Fe). To boggle the mind more, "visual tests" always have them as overweight or pudgy. :confused: Probably not ESFP either, because leading Se in socionics kind of has a consuming, overpowering dickheadish behavior to it, gathering from descriptions. I'm kind of inbetween both at best.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i first took it when i was like 13? really young. and i got ENTP which really doesn't fit me at all but i just thought i was a T instead of an F for some reason. and then i kept getting ENFP because i was in denial about being an introvert. now i really don't think there's anything i could be other than INFP and i never test as anything else.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tested as an INFP once.

...True story!