User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll

24 17.78%

28 20.74%

34 25.19%

19 14.07%

12 8.89%

5 3.70%

3 2.22%

5 3.70%

2 1.48%

1 0.74%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 0.74%

0 0%

1 0.74%
First 678910 Last

I first took the test when I was 16 and scored ENFJ, I've taken the test at least 6 more times after that through out the years and still scored ENFJ. Pretty cool stuff <3. I want my workplace to administer the MBTI typology test for team building reasons, we need it :|!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lex Talionis
    This is why I find MBTI to be far more insightful and interesting, if sometimes "less" reliable. It offers a far more comprehensive and intuitive insight into personality types, and as a result, provides more applicative knowledge for the student of psychometrics..

'Comprehensiveness' and 'intuitive insight' are the key terms here that serve as the fulcrum of modern-day folk typology.
    I think it is possible that your interpretation of the words "comprehensiveness" and "intuitive insight" may mean different things than Lex though I am guessing since he is not here to defend himself. One reason why someone could say that MBTI is more comprehensive than other things is that there is simply so much more literature on it that it is of greater practical utility. In my mind, the important thing is not so much the statistical validity or reliability of an assessment tool. It's about the practical utility of the model. If Lex is an INTJ and he refers to "intuitive insight" then he is likely referring, perhaps unconsciously, to his Ni, which does not require precision of any sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I've gotten ESTJ and ISTJ. Now, with the knowledge that I have Asperger's, it's hard to know whether what the test considers "introversion" is just a representation of poor social skills/confidence in them, or if it is indeed introversion. Even after having observed people on this forum here for almost a year now, it's hard to know where I stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    To be honest with you max, I'd be hesitant to apply rigid function theory to someone with aspergers. I'm not sure the theory really applies to them.
    I completely agree with this Andy. I know someone very well who is an ENFJ with Aspergers. MBTI/Typology seems pretty near useless for him - at least in practical terms.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

ENTP or ESTP (recently), usually.

I sometimes test introvert, but that mostly depends on my mood when I'm taking it.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Havane View Post
    What you said about the functions and spectrums is very true, but all I meant was that figuring out your function order can be more beneficial than reading descriptions of various types. While many people can read a description and have it fit them very well, others relate to more than one description or not to any description at all. For those people, looking at the functions (and the spectrums, as you said) can be very helpful.

From everything you've said about yourself, I agree that ESTJ fits you better than ISTJ. Maybe you could identify as an "eSTJ"?
    Right, and like you said before, any aspie's type will look different than neurotypicals of that type. I've thought of that alternative identification, but I'm pretty sure I am indeed extroverted overall.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I completely agree with this Andy. I know someone very well who is an ENFJ with Aspergers. MBTI/Typology seems pretty near useless for him - at least in practical terms.
    That's pretty much it. What the MBTI was supposed to be useful for, for example, making career and major decisions, isn't going to be helpful in my case.

that's not what it is for, is it? i mean, i think it was just academic interest on jung's part at first, then later, it's had wider application.. not just jobs, but theories on relationships, social interaction styles, helping people understand where others come from a bit more. it still could be helpful for you. do what you want with it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    that's not what it is for, is it? i mean, i think it was just academic interest on jung's part at first, then later, it's had wider application.. not just jobs, but theories on relationships, social interaction styles, helping people understand where others come from a bit more. it still could be helpful for you. do what you want with it.
    Good question. What is it for? Maybe:

- Understanding others a little better which helps us to appreciate and accept the differences. If you know what somebody's type is, it does give you some level of insight into what they are like.
    - Understanding yourself a little better. In that light, it can be used for self development.

I do think it can be used to help you figure out what kind of job you may want if it is combined with other things - like the strong interest inventory and personal inquiry. However, it might be best at helping you to narrow down a list of options vs. helping you to figure out the job you'd really love. If you have a job that is heavily counter to your preferences, it is predictable that you would be under more stress than one that is aligned.

I don't think it can be used very well to predict behavior.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Havane View Post
    I also feel as though I'm this weird INFJ-INTJ hybrid. I've found that discovering what my Enneagram type is (and, to a lesser extent, my SLOAN type) has given a more comprehensive view of my personality. I think that the Enneagram and MBTI are much more useful combined than they are separated. An INFP 7 is going to be much different from an INFP 4, for example.
    Yes, I have always gotten RCOEI on SLOAN, and am 5w4. Honestly 5w4 in conjunction with the instinctual variants (I'm sp/so) has been much more eye-opening to me on a personal level than mbti ever was.... so definitely agree w/ you re. enneagram in conjunction with mbti = more comprehensive view of personality.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've tested as 14 different types.. never ISFJ or ESFJ, but all the others, yeah. Usually I've needed just a slightly different mindset to genuinely score as a different type. That's the thing with the typology system: deviate ever so slightly from the XXXX type, and you will score as anything. Scoring 51% or 49% on any scale will make all the difference.

Why did they devise a system where every type is adjacent to every other type?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Probably around 6. It is not the fault of the tests; you can't take a test to discover your type. There are no short-cuts, you have to understand the material you are identifying with.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've got five already. I want to collect all 16!
    ENTP, INTP close second (E vs I hugely depends on the ration of 'need interaction to function' vs 'love socializing and gossiping' questions)
    two or three ENFPs, one ESTJ (S? J??) and one INFJ (J again?!). I thought the J types would be the most difficult for me to get followed by the S types. I'm actually surprised no test came up with INFP yet, the one which would complete my NP collection.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women