User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll

24 17.78%

28 20.74%

34 25.19%

19 14.07%

12 8.89%

5 3.70%

3 2.22%

5 3.70%

2 1.48%

1 0.74%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 0.74%

0 0%

1 0.74%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

3: INFP, INTP, INTJ.

Of course I could always get INFP if I wanted, but when I answer truthfully, I don't get INFP.

A window to the soul

INFP, no matter how I try to spin it.

Hate

I've taken several tests and so far the only results I've gotten have been ENFJ.... The only thing that varies are my percentages...

MBTI
    ISTP

I've gotten ESTJ and ISTJ. Now, with the knowledge that I have Asperger's, it's hard to know whether what the test considers "introversion" is just a representation of poor social skills/confidence in them, or if it is indeed introversion. Even after having observed people on this forum here for almost a year now, it's hard to know where I stand.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I think a lot of the trouble comes from the fact that most of tests look for function use. However, there is a very important distinction between function preferance and function order. That list of 8 functions associated with type is not a description of function preferance. Rather it is about how the functions are used, when they are used. The tests usually just look for which you use the most so they aren't really testing for type at all.

A better test would be more concerned with how a person uses each of the functions, rather than how much they use them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I've gotten ESTJ and ISTJ. Now, with the knowledge that I have Asperger's, it's hard to know whether what the test considers "introversion" is just a representation of poor social skills/confidence in them, or if it is indeed introversion. Even after having observed people on this forum here for almost a year now, it's hard to know where I stand.
    To be homest with you max, I'd be hesitant to apply rigid function theory to someone with aspergers. I'm not sure the theory really applies to them. As far as I can tell, it represents a problem with the instincts that most of us use to navigate life. Most people have certain understanding of facial expression, tone of voice and the like hard wired into a brains by evolution. In people with aspergers, these instincts seem to be missing or suppressed. Hence, they have to learn these things the hard way, without the head start most of us get.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

ENFP 3x's on the MBTI form M
    INFJ and once, INFP, on the MMDI
    INFJ, and a few times ENTP, on the congitive function assessments
    eNFJ according to a counselor who is also a typologist

I'm usually ENP on forced choice assessments, and INJ on the graduated forms.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Initially about 9 years back I tested as an ENTP, then an ENFP using an online test withing about a ten minute period. The ENFP description seemed a better fit, although lacked the aspects of analytical thinking that the ENTP description had that seemed to fit better.

This spring I took:
    MBTI Form M-INTP slight on I/T
    MBTI Step II-INFP slight on I/F
    MBTI Complete-ENTP slight on E/T
    MMTI-c 98% certainty of ENFP (Note this is the children's test and is based upon more simplistic function descriptions. It was developed from scratch.)

I did this all over a few days period. As a child/teen I would have tested as a strong introvert-thus likely an INFP. I would suggest you will see more variation of this sort with Ne doms over lifetime, the least perhaps with INTJs.

The reason I test as T so often is that the MBTI questions regarding what a "thinker" does are all things I highly "value"-responsibility, accountability, fairness, justice, recognition that an action in the short term may be painful for a few but best for the whole in the long run. I "value" logic, emotional detachment from problems, and incorporation of all data available to produce the most true answer. The most "true" answer is the most beneficial answer typically-thus I am obsessive about digging to find that "true" answer, even if it pisses people off or hurts my own feelings. My Fi principles are Te truths. Many male enfps I work with in executive/strategic roles seem to do this as well.

Assuming there is truth to the strict MBTI cognitive functional order-things like my "robotic Fi" are ways individuals can drastically alter how we use a particular function-we adapt it into a new tool, which breaks the MBTI mold and renders the test less useful.

Perhaps a fun Ne-ism...Which functions can be "adapted" most easily to look like other functions? By understanding which functions are most malleable, you should be able to predict the MBTI types that will be most likely to test incorrectly or test in a multitude of types as they mature.

The real point of contention for me is Ti or Fi...but it's simple if I just look closely. I use Ti in technical problem solving, and I use it both consciously and kind of unconsciously in athletic activities, etc.. (even then though, I still might go for certain creative or emotional impulses..). But Ti is not a fulltime thing for me, while with ISTPs it is. It seems like they're in Ti mode with everything. Therefore I won't type myself as ISTP. Even though we're close (Se/Ni?), there's enough of a difference that I see them as a different "type".

Everything else is simpler. I'm not really an extrovert. Also, anything with a strong Fe, Ne, or Te placement is a bust. That eliminates quite a few choices...and in the end, I'm pretty much left with ISFP. The tests are mostly accurate in my case.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    To be homest with you max, I'd be hesitant to apply rigid function theory to someone with aspergers. I'm not sure the theory really applies to them. As far as I can tell, it represents a problem with the instincts that most of us use to navigate life. Most people have certain understanding of facial expression, tone of voice and the like hard wired into a brains by evolution. In people with aspergers, these instincts seem to be missing or suppressed. Hence, they have to learn these things the hard way, without the head start most of us get.
    That's pretty much my thinking. I would've thought that with something as black-and-white and straightforward as the function system was as opposed to the more open-ended spectrums, that it would make my type more obvious, but I've found that that isn't really the case. I've spent so much time wondering what my type really was, when the reality is that in my case, it doesn't really make a difference. Being told, "You're an ISTJ, therefore you should be an accountant" or "You're an ESTJ, therefore you should be a corporate manager" doesn't help me at all.