User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many different results have you received on MBTI tests?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll

24 17.78%

28 20.74%

34 25.19%

19 14.07%

12 8.89%

5 3.70%

3 2.22%

5 3.70%

2 1.48%

1 0.74%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 0.74%

0 0%

1 0.74%
First 123412 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I have so many different results I keep track of them elsewhere for lols. Of the results I've kept, from most often scored to least:

INTP, INFP, ENFP, ENTP, INTJ, ESTP, INFJ, ISFP, ISTP, ESTJ.

So 10, that I can see. Quite simply I do not rate MBTI tests, they can be a place to start but that's all, tests based on cognitive functions have still given me multiple results, it's too hard to remain unbiased if you know the function behind the question but I do tend to score almost exclusively as INTP, ENTP or ENFP so the consistency appears better. With Sloan I am a lot more consistent although there is still some variance, and the results that I get align more with INTP than ENTP. The test that has best consistency and accuracy for me is the enneagram ones.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Interesting! I've never taken a Big 5 test. I will do that soon to see how it compares to the other tests I have taken...::

You could try this test, but many of the questions are garbage. http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/If you keep looking, you may be able to find a more accurate and a reliable assessment. You could contact the psychology department of a big university, they may point you in the right direction, but you may have to pay for the test as most free assessments aren't much different from the one above.

InterestingInteresting! Does it have as a big a "following" as MBTI? :
    I am not sure, but the following that it has is rather different from the influence that MBTI exerted. I know that there are many psychologists who believe that the Big Five model is both accurate and reliable, however, they tend not to use it for the same purpose the folk typologists employ MBTI. In other words, they don't treat it like a religious revelation or a fast and easy way to understand the most complex matters of personality.

Max Webber once argued that magic is the foundation of religion or one reason people become religious is because religion offers seemingly deep insights into profound questions of life. Scholars are rarely interested in such hocus-pocus because they know that it's usually too good to be true, yet MBTI folks are inclined to think otherwise. I think the post below provides an example that illustrates my point very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    This is why I find MBTI to be far more insightful and interesting, if sometimes "less" reliable. It offers a far more comprehensive and intuitive insight into personality types, and as a result, provides more applicative knowledge for the student of psychometrics..
    'Comprehensiveness' and 'intuitive insight' are the key terms here that serve as the fulcrum of modern-day folk typology.

I'd love to take a neurological typological test, and agree with you that it would indeed be the uiltimate vehicle for maximizing accuracy and minimizing gaming by participants.:
    Me too, but I don't know if it exists yet. I think that neurological studies would need to advance a lot further in order for us to be able to pinpoint the exact brain processes that cause this or that mental process.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Like a few others, I've encountered diversity in MBTI scoring.

INFJ, INTJ, INTP, ENTP, ENTJ

The rub with MBTI is that the questions are self-modulating - once you understand the difference in score tally between answering "N" or "T" or "J", it becomes almost impossible to avoid injecting whatever flavor-of-the-moment bias one feels like entertaining. As such, final output is less about honest assessment than self-directing dishonesty. It can be a real pain.

So, my difficulty remains my propensity to adapt answers.

I'm not sure if I'll ever know my MBTI. Probably doesn't really matter.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I almost always test as either INTJ or INFJ, but I've also gotten INFP, ISFJ and ISTJ. INFP and ISFJ were flukes, but despite how little ISTJ fits me, I have tested as it more than once. My Si and Fe are more developed than in your average INTJ, so I can see how that would skew some of my test results. If I were to take the official MBTI test, I am extremely confident that I would either get INTJ or INFJ. Ni is definitely my Dominant function.

Unfortunately, these online tests aren't always reliable. They can be for some people (out of the five or six people that I've had take online MBTI tests, over half of them tested as a type that clearly fit them), but for many, further research and self-evaluation is necessary.
    Last edited by Havane; 06-20-2010 at 03:01 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I always score either INTP or ENTP on the tests I take, so they must be accurate. You guys just don't know yourselves well enough.

Usually ISFP, ISTP, and ESFP for me. Ti or Se dom are mistakes though. I'm neither when it comes down to it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Solitary Walker, use your expertise and tell me what type I am.

I've gotten INFJ, INFP, ENFP, ESFP, ISFP, ENTP, and ISFJ...I actually even got INTJ once, but that's a crazy fluke I refuse to acknowledge it. I am definitely not any T type.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I only got ENTP once, but I really can't remember what test it was. I'm definitely INTP, though, and that's what most tests say.

But I agree that it's easy to modify your answers if you know what each question pertains to.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Years ago I got INTP. I then tested further (and wasn't honest with myself I think) so I got INTJ. Since over a half year, when I found back to those tests (and this time actually spent some time to understand them; before I took them totally wrong) I got always INFP. In one strange test however I got ISFP, but it was the only one.

With understanding the test better I think however that INFP is the only accurate result.

MBTI
    enfj
    Enneagram
    1w2

I've typed as every J type except for ISFJ at one time or another on some test, while sometimes cognitive processes tests type me as an ENTP =]