User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Do you find this to be true for yourself?

I am reading Personality Type: An Owner's Manual. In it Thomson writes,
    One of the reasons for learning about type is to recognize that we are constantly motivated, simply by the way we've established our neural networks to shape reality along a particular functional lines. Another is to recognize the possibilities for growth and change that exist within- and apart from the framework we have created for ourselves. Even small changes in our usual way of doing things can make big differences in the way our brain is operating. We develop the ability to think in new ways, and this stimulates creative change in all areas of our lives.
    I recently said something very similar to my husband, and then when I read this it confirmed how I feel. A couple months ago I made changes in one area of my life, and since then it feels like it has spread to all areas of my life. I feel like I'm seeing the world in a very different way. Anyone else experience this?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

yup.

I have had catalytic moments, and usually it was just a germ of an idea... or a different way to view something than I had been.

For example, at some point I realized that instead of trying to earn my place in a community and look for evidence to prove I was part of it, I should just assume I already have a place and act as if I have a place within the group. It radically changed how I approached interacting and engaging others within a group of people. I still flip-flop back and forth (i.e., I sometimes forget the lesson), but one small idea really can shift the rest.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, reframing is a very powerful technique if you use it correctly.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENTP

I think this is called learning. I'm not only guilty of doing it to myself, I'm guilty of trying to force it on others. That's called teaching.
    I want my pupils to rewire their brains to become better at math and physics!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The introspection required for recognizing for growth & change within is such a big part of my general thinking that I find I struggle most with implementation. Being a very idealistic person and very aware of myself, how I feel, & my flaws, it's easy for me to see a result, to know what I need/want, and to determine where I am lacking that is holding me back. And I'm talking about mental results - attitude, demeanor & thought pattern changes. It's coming up with the steps, the detailed game plan that is hard for me (Example: HOW do I develop a more positive outlook? HOW do I get over certain social anxieties?). That may be because implementation tends to deal more in real-word terms: practicality and being realistic. I can say I have made baby steps there, but my head will always be 100 miles ahead of what I'm actually implementing.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

There was a point where a lot of things clicked and I could see how I was focusing my attention. Where I'd fall down and why that was. Where I did well and why that was. Where I needed to move in order to get the most out of myself. I think my ability to look at myself has improved a lot over the years I have learnt various models, it is more refined.

A finely balanced orientation. Not too much, not too little.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    A couple months ago I made changes in one area of my life, and since then it feels like it has spread to all areas of my life. I feel like I'm seeing the world in a very different way. Anyone else experience this?
    Yes.

Around a year ago I was forced to develop "feelings."

I had no idea that I had been essentially devoid of them for most of my adult life, that I was running on logic, probability, and real-time analytical guesstimation.

BUT - there came a time when that skill set failed me badly, and I had to develop what was not there, and it was quite horrible acutally, but now that it is done, I realize that I am better and stronger because of it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Describe a recent emotional experience and what it felt like.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."