User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I love to think. I love to think more than anything in the whole world.

I love to debate, I love it so much that I love it more than having sex.

I sometimes secretly debate in the hopes of elevating the thought processes of the other sentient being to my level. It doesn't happen much, but when it does and that connection is made, I will likely spew a fountain of glorifying emotions throughout my body and possibly even ejaculate..
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'd just like it to go on record that Fluffywolf in no way represents the majority of INTPs nor do their comments reveal any sort of special insight into the minds of NTPs.

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

to answer the OP... sexual frustration... the happy and easy label to slap on anything
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    I'd just like it to go on record that Fluffywolf in no way represents the majority of INTPs nor do their comments reveal any sort of special insight into the minds of NTPs.

Partypooper.

If I am to seriously reply to this topic, I would merely repeat what I have often said before. And thus the reason INTP's like to debate, without further delay, is this:

When there is a subject of certain value that is debatable, because of subjective values, where the answer is not black and white or answerable in a simple logical fashion. We INTP's like to measure and expand, step by step, take in the views of others, put them next to ours, search our memory banks for related points of interest and debating in great detail. Because we our still processing and constructing our own view on the matter. We either solidify, or molding/changing, our view on the matter into a better, more encompassing standpoint. This is an ongoing process that will never truely stop for us on such grey matters.

When we start the debate, we have an image of how we wish to portray our opinion, that is often a very complex web of thoughts and subjects, making relations to other similar matters. As we debate we put all those thoughts out there, and we love it when people target any of these particular thoughts with potentially better arguements. Then we may assimilate those arguements into our own repertoire, or as a new perspective has opened up for us, take those arguements and mold it in a more complex better arguement.

Our view on the matter will then grow and solidify further. And we will be satisfied having more knowledge to back up our opinions for the future.

We debate the way we do in order to grow and expand. To reach better, stronger, unbreakably solid views on everything that falls into the grey category. Why do we do this? Because when we decide and act in our lives, we do not wish to rely on merely our feelings or intuition. Instead we prefer to base our general direction on arguementation and thought. That is where our strength lies, that is who we are through and through.

We project ourselves outwardly into the world based on a complex array of conscious thoughts. We use our intuition to create structure from chaos, we use feeling to add a moral perspective to our way of thinking, but what we project externally is the finalized product. The package tested by our conscious mind and accurately stamped "ready for delivery".

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^It's not the debating OP objects to. It's the fancy-shmancy snootiness. IOW, the fact that we always win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    And once you know them, it's difficult not to use them for greater concision.
    Since when has concision been an ENTP priority?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Since when has concision been an ENTP priority?
    I am concise. Bitch.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    ^It's not the debating OP objects to. It's the fancy-shmancy snootiness. IOW, the fact that we always win.
    But it's not about winning, it's about getting better. If they don't want to get in on our action and are left behind, it's not our fault for winning, it's their fault for losing!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I am concise. Bitch.
    Premature and concise mean different things, darlin.

Happy to edumacate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post

"Ad hominem", "logical fallacies" "red herring" "strawman argument" "circular fallacy" "Scrotum reasoning" BLAH all of this Harvard latin jargon...

Is all of that? (Sorry, just had to get rid of any INTP scragglers...) They will go ON and ON with their snooty armchair philosophy legal studies debates, and the only red herrings I know of belong in my SAMMICH.
    Technical terms are useful because they allow something to be quickly designated, without the need to resort to lengthy definite descriptions. If you do not understand what this or that term means, I suggest that you either learn what it (conventionally) does mean, or do not participate in debate that might demand a modicum of intelligence from its participants.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp