User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Isn't it the ENTP who loves to debate and argue, they'd probably get off debating more than an INTP, right?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    1. Because there's too many words to expect everyone to know them all, do you not realize how many words exist in the English language, never mind the idioms etc. I only first heard of these obscure terms here on TypeC.

2. How many times have you had to hear/use the term "strawman fallacy" in your professional/social life?

3. Actually, I *am* learning a second language. Actually, I'm learning 3 at once. So the last thing on my agenda is to learn about .
    I actually hear such terms often in my life. Red herring and straw man are not common for me. In fact I had to look up what exactly the straw man fallacy is but I found it funny since it's probably the most common tactic the friend i debate with the most uses.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    1. Because there's too many words to expect everyone to know them all, do you not realize how many words exist in the English language, never mind the idioms etc. I only first heard of these obscure terms here on TypeC.

Because Ad Hominem is such a obscure term...

2. How many times have you had to hear/use the term "strawman fallacy" in your professional/social life?
    Most of the people I work with use words and phrases, such as: "yo, nigga?", "what you said?", "that ain't no way to do that", "she has a fine ass", "what the fuck did you just say?", and my personal favorite, "Speak english, new boy". So yes, debates don't spring up that often, and if they do, they are about simple things that can usually be resolved with a "naw, homie... Do it like this..."

I wish I could hear intelligent discussion more, to be perfectly honest.

3. Actually, I *am* learning a second language. Actually, I'm learning 3 at once. So the last thing on my agenda is to learn about .
    Looks like you have time to learn what a Redherring is... Since, apparently, you have enough time to create this thread about the thing.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Whad up cuz! Ma ain't ga no back, yo fu bus yo nek yo, using dem "big" words b.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

They're such a joy to watch! Why, when a particularly engaging debate really gets going I've been known to become so involved my monocle falls from my face and directly into my tea! It is a risky endeavor, of course, as the resultant splash might cause irreparable damage to my beaver-skin top hat.

Why, when watching the CSPAN I've been known to make six or seven trips to the haberdashery a week! I've come to know the local cap vendor so well, we've been known to engage in informal, jaunty conversation every once and again despite his disgraceful social class.

Too much?
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Whad up cuz! Ma ain't ga no back, yo fu bus yo nek yo, using dem "big" words b.
    ^See this, most of the people I interact and go to school with speak this way, Wannbe thugs with grills in their mouths blasting that almost minstrel dirty south rap music. There is almost zero chance for me to have an "intelligent" conversation with these philistines, and know what's worse, they think I'm slow, crazy, strange, or stupid or something because I'm a little absent-minded and not always paying attention to them.

They prejudge me and that just does it for me and I find it quite ironic that they think I'm the dull one. :steam:

MBTI
    ENTP

There's only one thing I can answer on this...

Yay for the INTPs!
    Logic is not a means, it's a goal.
    And I love debating-for-the-sake-of-debate much, much more than socializing-for-the-sake-of-socializing. It's the fuel on which my much too picky extravert engine runs.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    They're such a joy to watch! Why, when a particularly engaging debate really gets going I've been known to become so involved my monocle falls from my face and directly into my tea! It is a risky endeavor, of course, as the resultant splash might cause irreparable damage to my beaver-skin top hat.

Why, when watching the CSPAN I've been known to make six or seven trips to the haberdashery a week! I've come to know the local cap vendor so well, we've been known to engage in informal, jaunty conversation every once and again despite his disgraceful social class.
    HUZZAH!
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

They prejudge me and that just does for me and I find it quite ironic that they think I'm the dull one. :steam:
    I can relate to this, only I don't take them so seriously... Who cares what they thunkin on? Hurrrr.

Isn't it the ENTP who loves to debate and argue, they'd probably get off debating more than an INTP, right?
    You should have seen a female ENTP and a female INTP going at it last year.
    I've never seen such a bunch of ridiculous drivel in my life. No meaning, no purpose, no nothing.
    This went on forever. Pages and pages and pages. Squawking birds.