User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why aren't there more typology related discussions on this forum?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too many circular discussions - been there, done that

27 45.00%
  • Because x, y, or z person is so set in their views there is no point

8 13.33%
  • I'm afraid I'll be criticized for contributing or asking a question

11 18.33%
  • I'm really here for the intellectual stimulation, not Typology

21 35.00%
  • This is a great little community - that's why I'm here

30 50.00%
  • Better no typology at all than folk typology!

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 67891018 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I actually don't agree - for one reason. Maybe it's an anomaly. Maybe it's a placebo. I've used it for years from a self development perspective and found it worthwhile. People are better off doing a lot of things but as one tool in a toolbox I think it can help.

"Know Thyself" - Inscription From The Oracle of Delphi
    This. I'm sure you could get people who've attended psychic readouts who said that they were astonished. Ultimately, you're the one finding meaning in the toolbox. You're the one using it as such. I could probably read Moby Dick and find some ethic or meaning to define myself by, and live myself just as happily. I bet you could too. You could probably find some utility in a rerun of The Simpsons as well. While you may not think so now, just you wait... just you wait til you see Mr.Burns and say "Wow, that's so me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    It might just be a sign of intelligence to be short and sweet. There's only so much time in life. Would it always be intelligent to allocate it for the purpose of text-walling? I don't think so. Pride yourself.
    Don't worry, I have pride.. I couldn't possibly call myself stupid if that was not the case.

My real point though is that I tend to avoid abstract, theoretical discussion. I'll gravitate towards the concrete or anecdotal, and see theories play out in a personal way. MBTI discussion can be indirect, and need not be limited to an area with a big sign that says "MBTI Discussion". If some recognize that, they can enjoy this site more. I mean, you get to interact on a variety of subjects with all kinds of types. It's fucking cool. What's not to like?

garbage

for that matter, everyone should list their real Locations, damn it

In the garden of Eden, honey.

Smile

This. I'm sure you could get people who've attended psychic readouts who said that they were astonished. Ultimately, you're the one finding meaning in the toolbox. You're the one using it as such. I could probably read Moby Dick and find some ethic or meaning to define myself by, and live myself just as happily. I bet you could too. You could probably find some utility in a rerun of The Simpsons as well. While you may not think so now, just you wait... just you wait til you see Mr.Burns and say "Wow, that's so me!"
    I think, Tater, you are becoming truly wicked.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I don't think people should be hounded to "pick a type" or be told what type they ar by others unless they ask. I am competely against that. One thing is if you are unsure of your type. Obviously I respect that. X in place of a function should be an option. MILF or whatever in place of all your functions should not.

One thing is to be unsure of ones type, another is to reject the idea altogether that you could be a type, or to know ones type but refuse to say and instead put something silly in the Type-field.

Let's not confuse the two things.
    Are you specifically soliciting Jaguar here? You still haven't told anyone why one ought not to have MILF in their box. Who cares? (besides you).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So you're suggesting that it can't be used to help you understand yourself better? From this perspective, you're comparing it to a psychic readout or the meaning within Moby Dick?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    X in place of a function should be an option. MILF or whatever in place of all your functions should not.
    If people want to list WARM, COLD, FREE, or even PISS, SHIT, or DICK as their type, I don't care.
    (FREE and DICK are already in use. )

Last time I checked, the ghost of Joseph Stalin doesn't run this forum.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    So you're suggesting that it can't be used to help you understand yourself better? From this perspective, you're comparing it to a psychic readout or the meaning within Moby Dick?
    All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an individual novel, a book for each person.
    Anais Nin

Who's writing your book?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Are you specifically soliciting Jaguar here?
    No. Please don't try to stir up trouble needlessly.

You still haven't told anyone why one ought not to have MILF in their box. Who cares? (besides you)
    Judging by your type you cared enough. Though to be honest I find it quite funny - I take my hat off to you for that one.

However, I don't get why you are so up in arms about your right to put a silly 4-letter word as your type, on a forum devoted to a topic you don't believe in to begin with. Way to fight oppression, man!

(hint - within a social group to which membership is compeltely voluntary and which deals with a very marginal interest unknwon to 99% of society, establishing rules to faciltiate the stated purpose of the group, is not an act of oppression. That goes for Jaguar too).
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.