User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why aren't there more typology related discussions on this forum?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too many circular discussions - been there, done that

27 45.00%
  • Because x, y, or z person is so set in their views there is no point

8 13.33%
  • I'm afraid I'll be criticized for contributing or asking a question

11 18.33%
  • I'm really here for the intellectual stimulation, not Typology

21 35.00%
  • This is a great little community - that's why I'm here

30 50.00%
  • Better no typology at all than folk typology!

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3111213141523 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

It seems like the "in" thing to do - to call yourself WILD or NANO or MILF. Haha. What's the point of your joke? I do think it takes away from the community. There are likely those who have been around longer who actually know - so in a sense it creates exclusivity as well.
    Highlander
    RAWR
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I have you all fooled. I'm really a 70-year-old female ESFP.
    In reality you're just big soft and fluffy on the inside.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Ginkgo

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Boy, it is terribly authoritarian to tell someone that their views don't match reality, isn't it? Galileo must have been a one terribly oppressive bastard for criticizing the geocentric cosmology of the church. Did Socrates deserve his hemlock after all?
    “Perchance you who pronounce my sentence are in greater fear than I who receive it.” - Giordano Bruno

Giordano Bruno was creative, outspoken, radical, brilliant, contentious, and not afraid to think outside the box. In any time in history, that can mean trouble, but in the late 1500s it often meant death at the stake, which was precisely what happened to Bruno. Scholars may disagree as to the degree of his scientific expertise, or whether his fate was primarily written by the closed-minded Roman Inquisitors or by his own self-destructive actions. But what keeps us all interested in him, then and since then, was his idea that we on this earth are just one small part of an infinite universe, which the equally infinite mystery of God easily encompasses.

Bizarre how people oppress themselves...

Smile The Authoritarian Personality and MBTI

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Boy, it is terribly authoritarian to tell someone that their views don't match reality, isn't it? Galileo must have been a one terribly oppressive bastard for criticizing the geocentric cosmology of the church. Did Socrates deserve his hemlock after all?
    The authoritarian personality can't tell the difference between chaos and creativity and becomes genuinely distressed by creativity.

But the authoritarian personality is attracted to MBTI by the promise of bringing order to the personality.

However MBTI does not match psychological reality and this completely undermines the raison d'être of the authoritarian personality.

So we can hear the distress of the authoritarian personality echoing down the threads. We can hear their demand that we return to the first principles of MBTI. And when their psychological needs are not met, we bear their ad hominem attacks.

And even more distressing is that their compulsive ad hominem attacks may lead to banning.

But really, it is MBTI itself that sets the authoritarian personality up for a fall.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    "Judge me not on the letters of type....But on the content of my character."

-Martin Luther King Jr. on MBTI type.
    Precisely.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The authoritarian personality can't tell the difference between chaos and creativity and becomes genuinely distressed by creativity.

But the authoritarian personality is attracted to MBTI by the promise of bringing order to the personality.

However MBTI does not match psychological reality and this completely undermines the raison d'être of the authoritarian personality.

So we can hear the distress of the authoritarian personality echoing down the threads. We can hear their demand that we return to the first principles of MBTI. And when their psychological needs are not met, we bear their ad hominem attacks.

And even more distressing is that their compulsive ad hominem attacks may lead to banning.

But really, it is MBTI itself that sets the authoritarian personality up for a fall.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FfADNo7SO8"]Ad Hominem Attacks[/YOUTUBE]

What the hell is that - more fancy feast cat food?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

I'm already restricted in real life, do I have to be restricted to typology in typology forums as well?

And for me it's just a nice place to hang out. THere's some trolls, but many of them make me laugh my head off. Unlike other forums which have no drama, or have too much drama.

And I like talking with adults.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What the hell is that - more fancy feast cat food?
    I think we should live up to the thread title!