• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are your favorite colors?

Ghosty

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My favorite colors are green and purple. I like the cool toned colors on the color wheel in general anyway. lol

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this question again...i have no idea how to answer this ever. it depends on what it is...i love that green orchid color...i love a gingery nude lipstick...i love raspberry red shoes and dark green or brown dresses...i like yellow walls, cakes and flowers...i like orange rings or pillows...love that rust color on wooden bowls or walls...blah blah blah

basically...i have no idea!!

R

Riva

Blue and light purple are my favourite colours. But I look the hottest in Red, which is what I have noticed, what people always say and what my horoscope tells which would favour me the most.

Seriously, my horoscope says Red suits me the most. Hopefully victor wouldn't see the horoscope part of my comment.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The color wheel.
Primary colors: Red, Blue, Yellow
Secondary colors: Orange, Green, Purple
After that, the list goes on. Primary colors Red-Blue-Yellow being able to make practically all colors (And white being an "absence" of color and black being all colors when it comes to coloring.) All you really need is Red-Blue-Yellow-Black-White to make any color or hue of that color.

Red-Green-Blue
being computer generated colors to make other colors.

Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black being printer colors to generate other colors.

------------------------------
And yes, it is annoying having to differentiate Cayenne from Cyan when you can just tell me dark red or light blue-green (though I already know Cyan is around that color range.) Though having to choose a specific color is a must I suppose... sort of like painting a certain color because how I see navy blue is like about this color

I always liked to think of these as the primaries:

FF0050, B0B000, 00A0FF.

(Red as un-"yellowish as possible, and unbluish compared to magenta; the yellow as deep as the other colors-- regular yellow looks whitish; and the blue looking less purplish than the regular one and less greenish than cyan).
Plus, black, white and silver/clear.

I developed these "logical primaries" before I knew about the difference between additive and subtractive mixing. (I always wondered why green was considered a primary instead of yellow on TV's. It was the advent of multicolor LED's that prompted me to learn about that).

I tend to like reds for solid objects, and nice saturated blues or bluish white for light (because they are not as common as reddish or yellowish light).

I've been seeing Jeeps here and there in that gold color. Really unique.

Last edited:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The color wheel.
Primary colors: Red, Blue, Yellow
Secondary colors: Orange, Green, Purple
After that, the list goes on. Primary colors Red-Blue-Yellow being able to make practically all colors (And white being an "absence" of color and black being all colors when it comes to coloring.) All you really need is Red-Blue-Yellow-Black-White to make any color or hue of that color.

Red-Green-Blue
being computer generated colors to make other colors.

Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black being printer colors to generate other colors.

------------------------------
And yes, it is annoying having to differentiate Cayenne from Cyan when you can just tell me dark red or light blue-green (though I already know Cyan is around that color range.) Though having to choose a specific color is a must I suppose... sort of like painting a certain color because how I see navy blue is like about this color

Scientifically, RYB has been rejected as a set of primary colors and exists mainly as the continuation of artistic tradition. You cannot make all hues from RYB. You can make all hues from RGB or CMY. The fact is, there are many other sets of three (really, infinitely more) that can serve to make all colors, but none of them are RYB, because RYB does not have the necessary symmetry, for lack of a better word,

deleted
Greeeeen. It's the color of earth and trees. It's been my favorite since I was born.

I also like brown and blue for the same reason. Gray is the color of saturation, rainy sky, and fog, I like it.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Scientifically, RYB has been rejected as a set of primary colors and exists mainly as the continuation of artistic tradition. You cannot make all hues from RYB. You can make all hues from RGB or CMY. The fact is, there are many other sets of three (really, infinitely more) that can serve to make all colors, but none of them are RYB, because RYB does not have the necessary symmetry, for lack of a better word,

I see, because red and blue are additive colors and yellow is a subtractive color so you won't be able to fully get some colors because yellow is doing the opposite of what blue and red are doing.

While RGB are all additive colors and CMY are all subtractive colors.

Might do some testing with colors to see what I get

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This site http://casa.colorado.edu/~ajsh/colour/primary.html says the primary colors of our eye cones are closest to ff005c, 00ffcb, 7300ff

Not exactly, but much more saturated versions of them (and not simulated by mixing R, G, B, as they are here. Wonder what those are like, especially the pure green (which here looks closer to cyan). There are some dark blue fluorescents (especially if placed behind a deep blue filter) that I believe come close to the blue he's trying to describe. Red is close to what we're familiar with; just less yellowish (orange) looking (which is because a lot of green cones are stimulated by red light).

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The entirety of a primary color system is somewhat questionable at this point, due to how complex colors turn out to be and also how subjective/relativistic they are.

I like deep, rich jewel tones -- dark red, reddish shades of purple, forest greens, and greenish shades of blue like turquoise.

Also white, black, and sunny yellows. What? You can't expect me to choose just ONE.

G

Ginkgo

I like deep, rich jewel tones -- dark red, reddish shades of purple, forest greens, and greenish shades of blue like turquoise.

Also white, black, and sunny yellows. What? You can't expect me to choose just ONE.

I get the impression that the woman in your avatar is smothering a Toto dog underneath that wicker basket.

I get the impression that the woman in your avatar is smothering a Toto dog underneath that wicker basket.

You're beginning to sound like the woman in my avatar; the character in question also derived a little too much joy from making up crazy stories about innocent people. :(

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The entirety of a primary color system is somewhat questionable at this point, due to how complex colors turn out to be and also how subjective/relativistic they are.

I would say something along the lines of what I've been reading on what primary colors would be.

For things like t.v. and monitors, it would at least be additive primaries.

While for things like paper and print, it would be the subtractive primaries.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm quite fond of both red and blue, especially together (with black or a slate gray). They look strong, bold, but also cool and collected.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^I can tell...^^^

gromit

likes this
I like lots of colors! I tend to go for warm, rich, deep, but bright colors.

cerulean_handbag_with_sequins_kb71.jpg

02track171.jpg
Rose-Deep-Orange-Rust.jpeg

IH-olive-green-vase.jpg

moncler-mens-vest-warm-blue.jpg

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't really have a favourite colour, it really depends on what we're talking about. Favourite colour of what? A leather jacket? Toenail polish? Paint for a living room wall? The eyes of an attractive guy? Garden flowers? The sky at sunrise? A formal evening gown? I can appreciate all sorts, it depends on what coloured object you're talking about.

I've taken an interest in seasonal colour analysis lately, a system that classifies everyone as one of twelve "seasons" and predicts which colors will flatter you best. There's a detailed explanation of it on this page: Truth is Beauty

I'm probably a 'light spring' in that system, and I wasn't that thrilled about the palette at first. Seemed too sweet and bubbly for my personality I guess. But I began to play around with the colors and seeing what they do for me has changed my mind about some of them. There's a shade of lipstick that was recommended for my season, and I wasn't sure about it when I saw it in the tube, but it does harmonize very nicely with my complexion.

So, the colors I like always change, and depend on what we're talking about.

G

garbage

What's your favorite color?

Here's another one of those threads that that you can post in without having to read anyone else's responses.

What [MENTION=10530]guesswho[/MENTION] asks for, guesswho receives
That's not fair, I also wanted to know the favorite colors of everyone :cry:
;)

What are your favorite colors? Do your favorite colors reflect your personality? Have you thought about that, or are you just.. I dunno, drawn to them?

--

Mine's some sort of olive drab:
olive-drab_LRG.jpg

Followed by kind of a pale orange:
375px-Orange_colour_box.svg.png

I've always, always been drawn to these. They reflect the fact that I'm a laid-back sort of guy with an active center that pokes through every once in a while; the two aspects kind of complement each other. I also like a lot of other natural colors--brick red, slate gray, etc.